Has anybody HEALED their thyroid/metabolism? How did you do it?

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Dear WE THE PEOPLE of raypeatforum, has anybody COMPLETELY HEALED their thyroid/metabolism successfully?

How exactly did you it?

I've tried many things and certainly made some progress but I still have to fight the good fight:

-more calories
-thyroid (NDT)
-pregnenon
-dhea
-progesteron
-aspirine
-Methylene Blue
-iodine
-iodide

Thank you so much, all you wonderful people!!!

Last edited:

peter88

Quitting fruit and all sources of fructose dropped my tsh from 3 to 0.8. Higher temps, prolactin dropped, better sleep.

OP
Kocky777

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Quitting fruit and all sources of fructose dropped my tsh from 3 to 0.8. Higher temps, prolactin dropped, better sleep.
Thanks alot!
But is your hypothyroidism gone? Are your temps and thyroid blood panels (T3 and T4) optimal?

peter88

Thanks alot!
But is your hypothyroidism gone? Are your temps and thyroid blood panels (T3 and T4) optimal?
At this point I’m done spending money on blood tests. My temps are consistently 98.8-99 and I feel great. Fructose containing foods made me a nervous wreck and over time made me extremely cold. Not sure the cause but I will be avoiding it for the foreseeable future.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
At this point I’m done spending money on blood tests. My temps are consistently 98.8-99 and I feel great. Fructose containing foods made me a nervous wreck and over time made me extremely cold. Not sure the cause but I will be avoiding it for the foreseeable future.
How do you avoid fructose?
Do you only have lactose and starches?
No cane sugar, no fruit, no coconut water?

OP
Kocky777

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Very nice, man! :)
Besides quitting fructose/ fruit, did you do anything else in order to restore thyroid function/metabolism?

peter88

How do you avoid fructose?
Do you only have lactose and starches?
No cane sugar, no fruit, no coconut water?
I eat sushi rice, fish, ruminant meat, yogurt, eggs
Very nice, man! :)
Besides quitting fructose/ fruit, did you do anything else in order to restore thyroid function/metabolism?
I’d say I’ve just experimented on myself and figured out what works and what doesn’t. For a long time I tried to eat how other people did on this forum and it failed miserably. I eventually realized I felt a lot better eating meat like pork or chicken rather than getting the bulk of my protein from dairy and beef.

OP
Kocky777

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
I eat sushi rice, fish, ruminant meat, yogurt, eggs

I’d say I’ve just experimented on myself and figured out what works and what doesn’t. For a long time I tried to eat how other people did on this forum and it failed miserably. I eventually realized I felt a lot better eating meat like pork or chicken rather than getting the bulk of my protein from dairy and beef.
Thanks alot! Much appreciated!

Nicole W.

I have to agree with you. I love fruit but it was impossible to have fruit exclusively for carbohydrates. Fruit has too much water, no salt, and you have to eat a ton of it or drink a lot of juice to fulfill energy needs. By nature, fruit is very cooling so if you live in a very hot climate it might work for someone. But even people and animals who live in hot climates do not rely on fruit alone, they typically eat tropical tubers as well.

By contrast, when I eat a piece of sourdough toast with salted butter it will sustain me for half a day. Reintroducing starch back into my life ( in the form of sourdough bread), in a MAJOR way, was a game changer. That was when I really started feeling warm and energetic.

My mom used to say that a meal without bread left her feeling like she hadn’t eaten at all. I think that is true for me as well. Bread included in a meal allows me to eat less of the other foods and last longer until the next meal. It’s very warming and gives me even, sustained energy. My mom was on to something.

Michael Mohn

Low metabolism does not equate low thyroid function always. I supplemented thyroid, pregnenolone, b vitamins for a while but I realized over time that eating breakfast and not skipping meals had a much bigger impact on my metabolism and well being. Also eating more protein, salt, sunlight and digestive enzymes were very beneficial.
Lowering iron, Pufa and avoiding allergens was important.
Supplements can help kick start the metabolism in the right direction but food choices, purposeful occupations and good relations are the most powerful factors for long term well being I think.
A lot of people experienced miraculous healing from certain supplements though, experimenting and being open minded is important.

OP
Kocky777

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Low metabolism does not equate low thyroid function always. I supplemented thyroid, pregnenolone, b vitamins for a while but I realized over time that eating breakfast and not skipping meals had a much bigger impact on my metabolism and well being. Also eating more protein, salt, sunlight and digestive enzymes were very beneficial.
Lowering iron, Pufa and avoiding allergens was important.
Supplements can help kick start the metabolism in the right direction but food choices, purposeful occupations and good relations are the most powerful factors for long term well being I think.
A lot of people experienced miraculous healing from certain supplements though, experimenting and being open minded is important.
Thank you very much!
So, were you able to restore thyroid/metabolism/good temperatures? How long did it take you? Do you still take Thyroid, Pregnenolone and/or other Supplements?
What are the most beneficial foods for you?

peter88

what are your heart rate numbers?
pulse is usually 75-80
Interesting. No fruit at all. How did you figure that one out?
gut pain, severe coldness, anxiety, etc. honey is actually one of the worst offenders so I figured fructose is the culprit.
I have to agree with you. I love fruit but it was impossible to have fruit exclusively for carbohydrates. Fruit has too much water, no salt, and you have to eat a ton of it or drink a lot of juice to fulfill energy needs. By nature, fruit is very cooling so if you live in a very hot climate it might work for someone. But even people and animals who live in hot climates do not rely on fruit alone, they typically eat tropical tubers as well.

By contrast, when I eat a piece of sourdough toast with salted butter it will sustain me for half a day. Reintroducing starch back into my life ( in the form of sourdough bread), in a MAJOR way, was a game changer. That was when I really started feeling warm and energetic.

My mom used to say that a meal without bread left her feeling like she hadn’t eaten at all. I think that is true for me as well. Bread included in a meal allows me to eat less of the other foods and last longer until the next meal. It’s very warming and gives me even, sustained energy. My mom was on to something.
thanks for sharing. ive been meaning to experiment with real sourdough but its so hard to find where i am.

jay123

pulse is usually 75-80

gut pain, severe coldness, anxiety, etc. honey is actually one of the worst offenders so I figured fructose is the culprit.

thanks for sharing. ive been meaning to experiment with real sourdough but its so hard to find where i am.
Thanks for the reply. I have known some people that have had that kind of reaction with honey. So would you say that your diet is mostly starch, moderate to low protein? And what about fats? What kinds have been good to you ? And how much? A lot of data from people say adding fat to starch has been a heavy weight gain for them.

Last edited:

Michael Mohn

Thank you very much!
So, were you able to restore thyroid/metabolism/good temperatures? How long did it take you? Do you still take Thyroid, Pregnenolone and/or other Supplements?
What are the most beneficial foods for you?
When I learned about Peat I was already eating a high fruit diet, I always liked fruit. I just had to drop the nuts (I already felt they were not beneficial) and high pufa fatty fish and meat (pork). I started on milk/dairy again, which was kind of a rocky road in the beginning but antibiotics and digestive enzymes helped me to overcome digestive problems quickly. My problem was more high cortisol due to low appetite in the morning and chaotic eating habits resulting in undereating. High histamine due to allergies affected my metabolism more than my thyroid. Cyproheptadine was very helpful in the beginning. In general I feel that supplements/medication should be used only as a short term intervention. Most problems don't need chronic intake. Progesterone for post menopause women maybe. I consider thyroid more as a food because humans always ate the whole animal and only a few generations ago governments started to outlaw the sale of thyroid glands. Eating liver once a week gives me enough extra thyroid I guess.

OP
Kocky777

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
When I learned about Peat I was already eating a high fruit diet, I always liked fruit. I just had to drop the nuts (I already felt they were not beneficial) and high pufa fatty fish and meat (pork). I started on milk/dairy again, which was kind of a rocky road in the beginning but antibiotics and digestive enzymes helped me to overcome digestive problems quickly. My problem was more high cortisol due to low appetite in the morning and chaotic eating habits resulting in undereating. High histamine due to allergies affected my metabolism more than my thyroid. Cyproheptadine was very helpful in the beginning. In general I feel that supplements/medication should be used only as a short term intervention. Most problems don't need chronic intake. Progesterone for post menopause women maybe. I consider thyroid more as a food because humans always ate the whole animal and only a few generations ago governments started to outlaw the sale of thyroid glands. Eating liver once a week gives me enough extra thyroid I guess.
Thanks alot, man! Much appreciated information!

peter88

Thanks for the reply. I have known some people that have had that kind of reaction with honey. So would you say that your diet is mostly starch, moderate to low protein? And what about fats? What kinds have been good to you ? And how much? A lot of data from people say adding fat to starch has been a heavy weight gain for them.
High protein, high starch, moderate fat. I constantly crave meat and starch. I like ghee, eggs and fatty meats like pork.

I’ve never had a issue with weight gain on this kind of diet. I had the most weight gain on a diet of mostly dairy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals