After Blunting Stress Hormones, How To Raise Metabolism Without Thyroid Hormone?

Makrosky

Dear colleagues,

It looks like I'm finally being able to blunt down my stress hormones. I'm currently doing so via lowering serotonin (I guess!). It's because the best things for that I tried so far it's cyproheptadine and L-Lysine. I also take taurine, glycine, cal+mag. I'm currently trialing them in rounds to see which one suits me better. Cypro is very potent and effective but have some side effects I yet have to determine if they're transient or not. The mentioned aminos feel much more gentle and natural on the body but they're less effective. No suprises here since pharma drugs are in almost all cases much more potent than natural supplements. They target the receptors with more precision. I'm planning to write a decent review of my experiences with both once I have tested them more thorougly.

So I'm feeling much less stressed but kind of not energetic at all. I think we've discussed this in the forum many times : If you are used to run on stress hormones, once you bring them down, you have no energy.

So, what would a good thing to start to up my thyroid good metabolism now that the stress is coming down ? I don't want to use T3/T4 or NDT at all. I would prefer to use, as haidut calls them, surrogates. I think my liver doesn't store much glycogen so I want to go slow trying simple things. Which of these ones would you try ?

I could try and see one by one but I don't want to throw my body out of whack now that I'm feeling better. Or maybe metabolism will raise on it's own giving it enough time ?

I have at hand :
- L-Tyrosine
- Niacinamide
- Aspirin
- Coffee
- Estroban
- Iodine (I know this is not ray peat friendly but some users here use it and I've used it successfully before)
- Bottled Orange Juice

Any simple advice would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your time.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Parsifal I am very bad following a so-called "Peat diet", it stresses me so much, and also dynamites my social life, and also because I never know if I'm doing it right or not. I try to focus on good starches like potatoes and white rice, coconuit oil, good ripe seedless fruits, some fish, some meat, eggs, the good root vegetables, kamut bread, and some pizza which I love. I removed 90% from my diet legumes, beans, bad vegetables, gluten(except the pizza and kamut), PUFA and the like. I think I still ingest a decent amount of PUFA because I'm not strict and eat outside many times. I also have a hard time digesting dairy. When I take cypro it improves a lot but still I don't feel like eating too much of it. This is my diet mainly. But If one day I want to eat whatever, I do it without hesitating. I think Peat never intended to give a strict diet or someting like that. It's just general recommendations. I don't aim to perfection.

Tarmander

MB seems to raise my metabolism quite a bit. I am kind of in the same boat as you in that I do not use thyroid hormone, yet I focus on bringing down stress hormones. I think the concoction of pregnenolone to bring down cortisol, and MB to raise oxidation. At least that is what I am experimenting with at the moment.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Tarmander said:
post 100143 MB seems to raise my metabolism quite a bit. I am kind of in the same boat as you in that I do not use thyroid hormone, yet I focus on bringing down stress hormones. I think the concoction of pregnenolone to bring down cortisol, and MB to raise oxidation. At least that is what I am experimenting with at the moment.

Thanks for the tips Tarmander.

Hmmm... How much pregnenolone do you take and which time of the day ?

I use it sporadically (MRM, 50mg) and paradoxycally it does me good ONLY in the days I don't feel stress. If I take it on stressful days it helps to cope with the stress but it doesn't remove the stress like cypro or lysine. And worst : I think some of it gets converted to bad hormones. Could that be possible ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarmander

Makrosky said:
post 100146
Tarmander said:
post 100143 MB seems to raise my metabolism quite a bit. I am kind of in the same boat as you in that I do not use thyroid hormone, yet I focus on bringing down stress hormones. I think the concoction of pregnenolone to bring down cortisol, and MB to raise oxidation. At least that is what I am experimenting with at the moment.

Thanks for the tips Tarmander.

Hmmm... How much pregnenolone do you take and which time of the day ?

I use it sporadically (MRM, 50mg) and paradoxycally it does me good ONLY in the days I don't feel stress. If I take it on stressful days it helps to cope with the stress but it doesn't remove the stress like cypro or lysine. And worst : I think some of it gets converted to bad hormones. Could that be possible ?

Well yeah I suppose it is possible. I think there are like 150 different steroids it can turn into. On the whole I think it is beneficial.

I have tried 300mg once per week on my days off, that seems to work decently. I have also been toying around with 100mg in the afternoon after working. That is super relaxing, but I have noticed some grogginess the next morning if I do not take some type of metabolic booster like caffeine or MB.

Joocy_J

why won't you take thyroid?

Also if you can't stick to a diet I would say don't even try to raise metabolism as depleting pufa is the main factor in long term results

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Joocy_J said:

Also if you can't stick to a diet I would say don't even try to raise metabolism as depleting pufa is the main factor in long term results

How many hundreds of milions of people don't give a ***t about PUFA and have good, or at least decent, metabolism?

Joocy_J

Makrosky said:
post 100181
Joocy_J said:

How many hundreds of milions of people don't give a s*** about PUFA and have good, or at least decent, metabolism?

Not very many, most develop a belly/chronic health problems by their thirties or forties....

TubZy

Thyroid surrogates at the same time while supplementing things that help glucose. Use them together so it helps your body get back to leveraging glucose as energy instead of stress hormones. Keep in mind taking some of these supps without the surrogates can cause a stress response if glycogen storage is not good, I had this issue for the longest time. Plenty of sugar, OJ, soda etc.

Surrogates:

Caffeine (best if used in the morning IMO)
Aspirin
MB (before bed seems the best for this one since it is not too stimulating- to prevent you from going hypo thru the night)
K2
Nicotine (possibly)

Vitamins:
Thiamine
Niacinamide
Riboflavin
Biotin (I think this would be the best for glycogen while improving insulin sensitivity at the same time)
Magnesium
Gelatin/glycine

Glycogen Storage Improvement:
Taurine
Famotidine (works the best IMO, but after continued use can mess up digestion slightly and cause minor gas- its not super bad but noticeable)
Biotin
K2/caffeine (although this can empty glycogen quicker in the beginning until the liver is lean)

Other option for overall improvement would be pregnenolone too.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals