Has anybody HEALED their thyroid/metabolism? How did you do it?

jay123

High protein, high starch, moderate fat. I constantly crave meat and starch. I like ghee, eggs and fatty meats like pork.

I’ve never had a issue with weight gain on this kind of diet. I had the most weight gain on a diet of mostly dairy.
Thanks. Yes. Dairy. I don't have a problem digesting it but it makes me pack on weight easily. I puff up from dairy. It doesn't matter if it's skim or whole or raw milk. Speaking of starch....I do like a baked potato with butter and salt. The reason I asked about the amount of fat is I read so many "theories" and experiences, which say that the if the body prefers glucose first then the fat will be stored on the body if you are eating too much fat with the starch. It seems like what you have experienced is that not happening.

yoyo123

Does anyone else have a low metabolism and get dull aches/spasms in the liver area and notice that doing things to increase bile flow seems to increase metabolism/thyroid? Like taking TUDCA, beetroots, lemons, caffeine etc.

At the same time, doing things to increase metabolic rate such as taking caffeine/thyroid seems to fix liver issues? I wonder why that is, does increasing metabolism fix bile flow issues or is it involved in a liver detoxification pathway..

I noticed this after taking Vitamin A (deficient due to bile flow issues) and noticing an increase in metabolism and then noticing that I started getting occasional dull aches from the liver again, as if things started moving again.

Peater503

There is no Ray Peat diet.
Therefore, fruits can't belong to a Ray Peat diet.
:pensive:

On top of this I just read about what he said on apples/pears (my two favorites) and how the pectin irrates the intestine/increases serotonin. It's over.

Last edited:

Jennifer

:pensive:

On top of this I just read about what he said on apples/pears (my two favorites) and how the pectin irrates the intestine/increases serotonin. It's over.

One of the food groups that Ray routinely recommended was fruit. He drank upwards of 4 liters of orange and grape juice the last year of his life. If you enjoy apples and pears and tolerate them well, I personally would trust your experience. If you do find the pectin irritating, even when well cooked, you can always juice them. Apple and pear cider with some Ceylon cinnamon and vanilla bean is on another level, IMHO. :)

Peater503

One of the food groups that Ray routinely recommended was fruit. He drank upwards of 4 liters of orange and grape juice the last year of his life. If you enjoy apples and pears and tolerate them well, I personally would trust your experience. If you do find the pectin irritating, even when well cooked, you can always juice them. Apple and pear cider with some Ceylon cinnamon and vanilla bean is on another level, IMHO. :)
I think you're right. I might be following RP's suggestions too strictly without relying on my own experience at all. I really like and can tolerate apples and pears, and I could die for pear juice (apple juice is a tad too sweet for me :):).

I've never heard of this cider and cinnamon/vanilla combo though, it sounds delightful to say the least :eyes: Do you make it yourself or buy it somewhere?

Jennifer

I think you're right. I might be following RP's suggestions too strictly without relying on my own experience at all. I really like and can tolerate apples and pears, and I could die for pear juice (apple juice is a tad too sweet for me :):).

I've never heard of this cider and cinnamon/vanilla combo though, it sounds delightful to say the least :eyes: Do you make it yourself or buy it somewhere?

Me too! Pear juice is wonderful. I make the cider and cinnamon/vanilla combo myself. It’s so good heated up when it’s cold out. :)

OP
Kocky777

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Dear WE THE PEOPLE of raypeatforum, has anybody COMPLETELY HEALED their thyroid/metabolism successfully?

How exactly did you it?

I've tried many things and certainly made some progress but I still have to fight the good fight:

-more calories
-thyroid (NDT)
-pregnenon
-dhea
-progesteron
-aspirine
-Methylene Blue
-iodine
-iodide

Thank you so much, all you wonderful people!!!
Bump!

OP
Kocky777

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Hi, what are you trying to improve?
Hi, sorry, If that was not clear in my Initial post.
I'm struggling to achieve good temperatures (98,6 degrees Fahrenheit or 37 degrees Celsius), right now I only hit 36,7 occasionally, very often my body temp is only 36,3.

I'm trying all these things:

more calories
-thyroid (NDT)
-pregnenon
-dhea
-progesteron
-aspirine
-Methylene Blue
-iodine
-iodide

Thank you and have a merry Christmas! :)

Truth

Hi, sorry, If that was not clear in my Initial post.
I'm struggling to achieve good temperatures (98,6 degrees Fahrenheit or 37 degrees Celsius), right now I only hit 36,7 occasionally, very often my body temp is only 36,3.

I'm trying all these things:

more calories
-thyroid (NDT)
-pregnenon
-dhea
-progesteron
-aspirine
-Methylene Blue
-iodine
-iodide

Thank you and have a merry Christmas! :)
Hi, would you have specified in one of your comments what you currently eat, the potential supplements you take, and some of your lifestyle factors such as weight training?

One of the general suggestions, which the majority of people to whom I suggest it experience excellent positive effects, is to put on as many layers of clothing as necessary to feel as warm as possible, as long as it's comfortable, including the head and feet

You too, have fun

Jonk

pulse is usually 75-80

gut pain, severe coldness, anxiety, etc. honey is actually one of the worst offenders so I figured fructose is the culprit.

thanks for sharing. ive been meaning to experiment with real sourdough but its so hard to find where i am.
You can make it from scratch, just mix flour and water and let it ferment. There should be plenty of resources online if you're interested. Otherwise check with your local bakery they can probably spare some

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals