I Needed Surgery, Not Diet Tweaks Or Supplements

zztr

BLUF: Maybe you feel bad because you need surgery on your lower gut.

I started not feeling so great about four years ago and that's the only reason I know of Ray Peat and similar web health stuff. I started having lousy skin and low energy and poor mood. I could work hard at my job, but then I'd have little left in the tank for social pursuits or hobbies. I wasted a ton of money and time reading about supplements and drugs and diet. I tried many dietary changes and supplements to no effect.

Well I finally started sh***ing some rather obvious scabs. Easily visible on the stool. This lead to getting a scope up my **** from a surgeon. There was an abscess up there. He subsequently fixed it in surgery. And literally the next day it was as if the fog lifted. I'm 100% fixed. I felt bad because there was bloody ***t chronically getting in my blood for years.

No clever point to this post other than relating the personal experience. It definitely squares up with the peat stuff about the criticality of gut health.

Damn, did you use to eat lots of fiber or little fiber?

tara

Sorry you needed it, but really glad you got it sorted.

I think you point to something important - some things can't be resolved with diet and lifestyle changes alone, the medical establishment can be a lifesaver in some situations, and there's a case for getting serious problems checked out by the system, in case it's one they are best placed to help with.

I'm eager to see what can be solved with food and other non-invasive means, but I could by now have lost several of my people over the years if it weren't for local hospitals.

OP
Z

zztr

I would like to retrospectively add that I think the whole disaster happened on account of chronic under-eating alongside long hours job stress. I don't think it was just bad luck. I think dumb ideas about skipping meals under stress lead to it.

Now I keep a rice cooker and a bag of rice and oats at the office.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals