I Need Help With An Adrenal Tumor

OP
M

messtafarian

It also depends on your blood pressure. .1 mg is probably safe for any reason but if you have high bp it will rebound when you stop.

haidut

Forum Supporter
messtafarian said:

Just wanted to point out that one of the drugs used for Cushing syndrome (alprazolam) has activity very similar to theanine. In fact, theanine is also a GABA-a agonist and has been compared favorably to alprazolam in doses that do not seem that high. A 200mg dose of theanine seems to be comparable to a typical 1mg alprazolam used for both anxiety and Cushing. See below for more info.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25165739
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15378679
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20108732

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

messtafarian

Docs have been shooting me benzos of all kinds since my blood pressure was high and TSH was low. I am not sure they really do anything for me -- but the catecholamine test I took earlier showed high *serum doapmine* ( not in the brain) so I wonder if that is antagonizing GABA. It's good to know about the l-theanine and you actually mentioned it to me before, earlier in the year. I would say it had the same effect as a bit of xanax.

GAF

haidut said:
post 107346 So, once big pharma understand that the battle on genetics is lost, expect to see ads for a "lactate antagonist" as the next big thing in cancer treatment.

The above statement is startling and I am interested to watch the surrender unfold over what I presume will be a long period of time, or do you think it could happen anytime. Have a bunch of Scientist's staked their career on the genetics weapon? Are they going to take defeat with dignity and turn in their diplomas and go to work at Chipoltle as e-coli hunters?

haidut

Forum Supporter
GAF said:
post 107823
haidut said:
post 107346 So, once big pharma understand that the battle on genetics is lost, expect to see ads for a "lactate antagonist" as the next big thing in cancer treatment.

The above statement is startling and I am interested to watch the surrender unfold over what I presume will be a long period of time, or do you think it could happen anytime. Have a bunch of Scientist's staked their career on the genetics weapon? Are they going to take defeat with dignity and turn in their diplomas and go to work at Chipoltle as e-coli hunters?

The change in strategy in pharma industry is already under way, although it probably won't be marketed as a "defeat" of genetics. Several major news media outlets came out with articles declaring the end of the human genome project given its failure so far to produce even a single disease modifying therapy/drug. Google "human genome failure" for more info. Then google "ldh inhibitor" and you will see studies and reports on quite a few patented substances that Pfizer and Co. are working on as potential cancer treatments. Alzheimer was proclaimed to be a genetic disease for almost 50 years. Recently, it has been re-defined as diabetes type III (and as such a metabolic disease) but most people are probably not even aware of the change in definition and treatment approach. So, the industry can sell lies and poison for decades and then change 180 degrees and most people won't even notice the change. The power to define concepts is the ultimate power in modern society comprised of government-licensed experts.

katiekeen

@messtafarian - did you manage to resolve your adrenal tumour issue? I have recently been diagnosed as having a benign adrenal adenoma also and have similar symptoms to you. Thanks

goodandevil

@messtafarian - did you manage to resolve your adrenal tumour issue? I have recently been diagnosed as having a benign adrenal adenoma also and have similar symptoms to you. Thanks
I would think cyproheptadine or even salt would be good for that. Have u measured ur pituitary hormones, and aldosterone? Sodium would be good to know as well. This is all based on ray saying pituitary overactivity drives glandular cancer. I think that's what he said @haidut reducing ACTH may take pressure of the gland.

Tenacity

Back in the day it was common to call this issue simply adrenal hyperplasia, and it was understood that antagonizing the factors that promote its growth usually makes it disappear.

Do you think this approach would work for all endocrine tumors? Are these growth-factors tumor-specific, or would a generalised therapy work for all of them?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think this approach would work for all endocrine tumors? Are these growth-factors tumor-specific, or would a generalised therapy work for all of them?

Yes, and coincidentally there are case studies showing regression of MENS I and MENS II with glucocorticoid and/or serotonin antagonists. There is nothing special or unique to those tumors, they grow based on the same signals - estrogen, serotonin, cortisol, prolactin, etc. Dramatic lowering of FFA also likely causes any tumor to regress as the dependence of cancer on fat is universal across all tumors.

Last edited:

Tenacity

Yes, and coincidentally there are case studies showing regression of MENS I and MENS II with glucocorticoid and/or serotonin antagonists. There is nothing special or unique to those tumors, they grow based on the same signals - estrogen, serotonin, cortisol, prolactin, etc. Dramatic lowering of FFA also likely causes any tumor to regress as the dependence of cancer on fat is universal among all tumors.

Thank you, that's very interesting.

Luann

For some people who cannot tolerate or are willing to take beta blockers, clonidine is their major drug for lowering blood pressure and many have taken it for years with no side effects. Recently, it has also been used as a chronic drug for schizophrenia and no side effects were noted other than sleepiness.

Just wondering if you still feel this way about clonidine. Looking for something safe for my dad as beta-blocker alternatives.
:geek:
L

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just wondering if you still feel this way about clonidine. Looking for something safe for my dad as beta-blocker alternatives.
:geek:
L

I would ask a doctor for it, but I think clonidine is less risky than beta blockers.

Sherbert

Wondering why docs don’t rx clonidine in place of beta blockers more often

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals