Creaky Joints & Pain After VitK2 + D3

inbrugge

Hello,

Last month, I used a supplement because my blood test showed I had a VitD insufficiency.

I heard VitK2 helps the body utilize VitD3 properly so I picked a supplement from Jarrow that had K1, K2 (mk-4 & mkg7), and D3 in it.

VitaminD3 2000IU 250% DV
VitaminK1 500mcg 420% DV
VitaminK2 MK4 1500mcg 1250% DV
VitaminK2 MK7 180mcg 150% DV

At the time, I wasn't aware the dosage was 12 times the daily amount.

I took it for a week and noticed my joints had started popping a lot more. Including my neck, my shoulders, my spine, hips, knees. This wasn't like a random pop here and there.

During this time, I also developed various pains. My neck and shoulder would get tired out much quickly if I'm working on the laptop as if the muscles would tire out from supporting my position. I also noticed a decreased threshold to wrist and hand arm pains similar to Carpet Tunnel. Also, I would get pain from sitting down on the couch in my rear end, side hips, or lower back as if the couch or seat I'm sitting was digging into my bones. At times, it feels like my shoulder and my neck is gonna pop out from its socket. My knees feel like they're gonna turn outwards while I'm walking.

Prior to that, I've been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and have sexual symptoms from earlier finasteride usage.

Is there any experience here about creaking joints and hypermobility induced from excessive K2 usage?

Is there anything I can do to get back to how I was before using the Vitamins? It's been a month since I ceased using the Vitamins and I still show no sign of improvement. In fact, I feel I'm getting worse.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Maybe you need to add magnesium to your diet. Calcium promotes muscle tension, magnesium relaxes muscles. If your muscles become hypertonic, they cause stress on the joints and ligaments. You can test this: while sitting relaxed, test how tight your thigh muscles are. Mine are very soft, I take to tablets, 266 mg, magnesium glycinate during the day and one before bed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals