Fingers Became Weak. One Is Puffyish-painful

minni

Hi, all. If there's anyone here who knows someone who shares/shared my experiences as per below, I'd appreciate any helpful feedback, though I may need to keep responses brief due to my finger situation. I'm in despair because I live alone and in difficult circumstances with nobody to help me. Not much money either, so that rules out assisted-living. Frankly, the best hope for me would be a quick easy death, rather than to slowly rot away in severe pain. But I don't foresee my wish being granted anytime soon.

I'm age 55, and recently my fingers became very weak, and my left ring-finger became puffier and more painful than the right ring-finger. I went to a rheumatologist who took xrays, and she claims my fingers have osteoarthritis, and also that my knees and hips have intact cartilage despite their painfulness. I'm not so sure. I think it may be neuritis or neuropathy, since I've had fibromyalgia since age 11 (albeit diagnosed with FM in 1990)....so I've had plenty of years for my body-wide nerves to become shot.

I.E. i suffer severe pain everywhere and am also electrosensitive. By now I also have slight scoliosis, according to the rheumy, as well as ultrasensitive eyes due to a combo of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction plus Bowmans Layer Dystrophy. I especially have had pain in my legs and feet for decades. Been to many podiatrists and orthopedists. They offered no common consensus as to whether I have Tarsal-Tunnel Syndrome, or Tendinitis, or Plantar Fasciitis, or combo's thereof. Several referred me for an EMG, but upon reading online horror testimonials, there's no way I want to risk EMG, since I've already experienced my own horror story in 1990 from acupuncture. I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, and people such as us can be hypersensitive to needles and to pressure such as massage.

Ironically, the rheumy picked up a "benign" tumor in the right ringer finger, which she's worried can turn into a fracture, thus referred me to a hand surgeon. (That's the finger which is not as yet puffy.) Go figure. Basically the medical system consists of curveballs full of "hot-air" with barely any substance.

There's way more I'm dealing with, but enough for now, because the above is depressing enough for one sitting. Thanks, and here's hoping for some relevant feedback!
(I'm especially interested if anyone with weak fingers was helped by either TENS or even an Infrared device.
....BTW, FYI, i'm already on Cal/Mag/D3/C/K2Mk7/boron/zinc/copper/B-complex/multi-vit/Celadrin/flaxoil/A&D/lutein-zeaxanthin/tartCherry...

Last edited:

HLP

Ouch. I encourage you to follow the dietary guideline found under the resources section above. You have some major healing to do. Have you had thyroid function tested? In my experience with Plantar Faciitis, correcting pH was huge. Lower body discomfort was a case of being too alkaline in my case. Once I corrected that, the pain disappeared completely. Get a brooder lamp and 200 watt clear infrared bulb to expose yourself too. By the sounds of things, you are in a crisis situation for sure. You haven't provided much about how you got to this state. It might help to untangle things.

OP
M

minni

I see. I'm mostly interested for now in hearing peoples' experiences re: fingers, and if TENS helped them or perhaps infrared.
My thyroid is OK. It was tested on countless blood tests throughout the years.
My entire body became this way due to a severely stressful life, which trap I didn't manage to get out of, despite many efforts over the years.

HLP

IMO you need to fix the body from the inside out for the most part. I don't have any experience with TENS. Do you sleep well?

OP
M

minni

yes, but lately it's a few hrs. only & not restorative.
Look, if anyone out there has some input based on what I asked, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

HLP

A few hours doesn't translate in to good sleep at all. Only a solid 8 hours is acceptable to me. Unfortunately I don't think advice on using Tens is the only solution you need. I wish you success.

OP
M

minni

Perhaps a moderator can move this to a forum where there are people experienced in Infrared...

mujuro

Forum Supporter
A few years ago I had an acute onset of swollen, puffy, painful fingers on one hand when I woke up. Turned out to be thoracic outlet syndrome, exacerbated by awful circulation from low thyroid. I fixed it with an agonizing pec minor massage.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals