Arthritis after getting sick

DankMemes

Hey guys, so about a fortnight ago I had a fever, headache, tiredness etc. We're in the middle of winter here and the cold is making it's way around so I wasn't too worried.

I started to get a respiratory infection after the fever broke which happens 90% of the time that I get sick, since then I've had REALLY sore joints. I'm otherwise in pretty good shape, I'm 22 and have never had joint pain like this, the pain is much worse in the morning and has stopped me from going to the gym. The most affected areas are my right knee, right wrist and shoulders.

Mittir suggested I up my coconut oil intake and cut starch a bit too minimise endotoxins, I think it helping with the respiratory infection but the joint pain isn't improving. I'm also doing the raw carrot, started taking my k2/d3 thorne drops again, added some eggshell calcium and took a magnesium supplement, nothing is really having an effect.

I re-read Dr P's article on Tissue destruction, I think I'm mildy hypothyroid but I've been steadily improving since fixing my diet in the past few months, it seems so strange to have a sudden setback and show arthritis symptoms that I've never had before.

I don't think I'll be able to get a course of doxycycline from my GP, the chesty cough has diminished a lot so I think he'll suggest I wait it out, maybe the joint pain will disappear too. I know I'm being impatient but this is agony and I would love to hear any suggestions, thanks

OP
D

DankMemes

My doctor ordered a blood test done to rule out rheumatic arthritis. The results are very slightly rheumatic, but this could due to me having this cough.

I've had this cough for almost three weeks now, it's not that bad but it's not really improving. I have a feeling it's a mild case of pneumonia, apparently there's a link between pneumonia and reactive arthritis.

My doc prescribed me celebrex for the joint pain, does anyone know if this is peat friendly?

tara

Have you had any improvement with this?
May not be relevant for you, but I've found the last couple of years I've had less of coughing hangover dragging on after colds etc by practicing a few simple breathing exercises (eg brief breath-holding after each cough), and taping at night. If you really have pneumonia that probably isnt going to help. But if it;'s just a heightened cough reflex, increasing CO2 levels by reducing hyperventilation may help. Coughing a lot can effectively be hyperventilation.

OP
D

DankMemes

tara said:
post 100726 Have you had any improvement with this?
May not be relevant for you, but I've found the last couple of years I've had less of coughing hangover dragging on after colds etc by practicing a few simple breathing exercises (eg brief breath-holding after each cough), and taping at night. If you really have pneumonia that probably isnt going to help. But if it;'s just a heightened cough reflex, increasing CO2 levels by reducing hyperventilation may help. Coughing a lot can effectively be hyperventilation.

Hi I've actually had a lot of improvements in the past month. My right knee is still a bit sore when I'm stuck sitting down and can't bend it(like on the train to work) but it's improving.

I had two blood tests two weeks apart and both had elevated antibodies(or something like that) for streptococcus. The 2nd test was lowers and I'm not having any more respiratory symptoms, so I guess it cleared on its own without antibiotics.

I should get into the habit of bag breathing, I also had blood bicarbonate measured in April which came back slightly higher than normal, is that a good thing? I wasn't feeling too great so I expected my CO2 to be lower than normal.

Last edited by a moderator: