kaydeegee

This one's for the girls!

Since August, I've noticed cyclical pain around my collarbone(s) during my ovulatory phase. The discomfort comes and goes in short spurts across a day or two, right around when my temperature rises to confirm ovulation. It's not sharp -- it's almost like muscle pain. It runs underneath my collarbone, sometimes going out towards my shoulder, and sometimes wrapping around to my upper back / lower neck. I mostly experience it on my right side, but sometimes on my left too. The entire area feels tight, like it needs a good stretch or a deep massage. Aside from it occurring during my ovulation, there's no clear trigger for the pain. From what I can feel, I don't have any swollen lymph nodes in the area. Without fail, the pain goes away in a day or two and doesn't return until my next ovulation.

I'm wondering if this could be referred pain from my ovaries? An increase in "gas" during this time of month, radiating up to my shoulder area? Diaphragmatic / Thoracic endometriosis? This started several months after transitioning to a more Peaty diet, after years of classic "clean" eating (greens, black coffee, morning fasts, the works). I've never experienced it before this past summer.

If anyone has thoughts on how I may be able to address this discomfort, I'd be grateful!

TIA :~)

Last edited:

BonbonUK

I'm wondering if it could be referred pain from your ovaries? I've experienced refered pain in my shoulder after two abdominal surgeries (appendix and gallbladder), so it seems plausible that pain from an ovary could end up in the shoulder nerves somehow. Maybe worth getting checked for ovary cysts? Hope you find a way to resolve it :)

OP
K

kaydeegee

I'm wondering if it could be referred pain from your ovaries? I've experienced refered pain in my shoulder after two abdominal surgeries (appendix and gallbladder), so it seems plausible that pain from an ovary could end up in the shoulder nerves somehow. Maybe worth getting checked for ovary cysts? Hope you find a way to resolve it :)

I suspected this might be the case! Thank you for affirming you've had a similar pain pattern -- I'll investigate the potential for cysts.

teds

Forum Supporter
Hello- I know this is old but the pain post abdominal surgery (usually laparoscopy) is normally from trapped CO2 up against the diaphragm and the irritation it causes the phrenic nerve. Just thought I’d pop it here for others looking in the future.
The case of original poster sound intriguing! Did they ever work it out?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom