Costco Parmiggiano Reggiano cheese ok?

G1986

Forum Supporter
Hi guys

The Parmigginao Reggiano at Costco is definitely a good deal $ per lb, vs the whole foods and trader joes price. However, I'm confused about the listed ingredients. Whole Foods and Trader Joes list only raw milk, animal rennet and salt, when Costco lists Skimmed milk (which I think it is raw) Rennet not specifying if it is animal, then "cultures" are also listed. I would assume the cheese it is still made with raw milk an animal rennet, but what about the cultures?

KatB

Forum Supporter
Hi guys

The Parmigginao Reggiano at Costco is definitely a good deal $ per lb, vs the whole foods and trader joes price. However, I'm confused about the listed ingredients. Whole Foods and Trader Joes list only raw milk, animal rennet and salt, when Costco lists Skimmed milk (which I think it is raw) Rennet not specifying if it is animal, then "cultures" are also listed. I would assume the cheese it is still made with raw milk an animal rennet, but what about the cultures?
Can't tell you about Costco but in order to be sure I'm getting organic Parmesan I buy mine at www.parmashop.com in Italy. I usually buy a year's worth in winter so it will not be affected by summer heat. They have a few different organic cheeses and in addition to Parmesan I also buy their organic Romano. These cheeses are terrific and I cut them up, wrap well and freeze and they do beautifully frozen.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
If you want to make yourself toxic with poison vitamin A, then yeh, it's a great choice.

OP
G1986

G1986

Forum Supporter
Can't tell you about Costco but in order to be sure I'm getting organic Parmesan I buy mine at www.parmashop.com in Italy. I usually buy a year's worth in winter so it will not be affected by summer heat. They have a few different organic cheeses and in addition to Parmesan I also buy their organic Romano. These cheeses are terrific and I cut them up, wrap well and freeze and they do beautifully frozen.
thanks for the link, it seems like a good deal

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals