Coffee May Have Been Lowering My Temperatures

I read somewhere here, not to have coffee first thing in the morning. And I thought, maybe I'll try that.

So this morning I had my OJ, and then I had a few eggs. And I took my temperatures a little later, and they're about 98.2. And they've stayed up during the day so far.

I was having trouble getting to a temperature of 95 in the morning. I think the coffee triggers an adrenaline reaction, that lowers my temperature. It's not coffee per se it's the quantity of coffee taken first thing in the morning I think. I've been drinking coffee today, but a little less coffee, more often, and only a few hours after I first got up and ate.

So this way will have to see if this continues. And eventually am hoping to get up to near 99°, but this seems like a great start. I'll keep you posted.

Some time ago I wrote Ray about this. And he said that temperatures can be lower, in the morning. But the real key is that they go up to physiologically normal temperatures by the afternoon.

Peata

Yeah, I can't have coffee first thing or risk adrenaline. Eat breakfast first.

marteagal

Some time ago I wrote Ray about this. And he said that temperatures can be lower, in the morning. But the real key is that they go up to physiologically normal temperatures by the afternoon.

Yes, I was just reading this a couple of minutes ago while going through the thyroid-related aspects of the Peatarian Email Exchange:
Ray Peat: "It's helpful to use the resting pulse rate, and the 24 hour temperature curve, along with other signs, such as mood, appearance of veins on the hands, etc. The peak temperature should be in the afternoon."

Ahanu

Yes, I was just reading this a couple of minutes ago while going through the thyroid-related aspects of the Peatarian Email Exchange:

What about the veins? Never heard about it!

InChristAlone

He is referring to bulging veins. Women particularly have this if there is not enough progesterone, he says they will bulge. I have this issues majorly, the veins in my hands/wrist bulge so much I think they are going to pop right out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals