Low Body Temperatures

OP
D

Dan010101

temps curently at 94F not feeling great just ate dominoes pizza and coke

Lecarpetron

tried carrot + coconut + salt again, temps didnt go up :/ wtf

I've found my body gets conditioned to things that would shock it into higher temps the first few times. This includes espresso/aspirin/niacinamide combo, high doses of T3, red light, high sugar/salt snacks. Just when I'd think I solved everything, I'd plummet back to 97.0 and NOTHING would work (or if it did, it would come with the side effect of stress reaction).

For some people, the shock/reset strategy works, but it didn't for me. Now I'm trying the slow and steady approach w/ low doses of thyroid and frequent progest-e. I only hit 98.6 once after breakfast and once after lunch, otherwise slide down to ~97.8. But with the relative stability I find I can "sense" my temp accurately in a way I couldn't when it was bouncing all over the place. I'm hoping slowly it will take longer and longer to drop to <98, then eventually not drop until bedtime.

Hope this helps :( I know the "wtf temps" feeling well.

OP
D

Dan010101

I've found my body gets conditioned to things that would shock it into higher temps the first few times. This includes espresso/aspirin/niacinamide combo, high doses of T3, red light, high sugar/salt snacks. Just when I'd think I solved everything, I'd plummet back to 97.0 and NOTHING would work (or if it did, it would come with the side effect of stress reaction).

For some people, the shock/reset strategy works, but it didn't for me. Now I'm trying the slow and steady approach w/ low doses of thyroid and frequent progest-e. I only hit 98.6 once after breakfast and once after lunch, otherwise slide down to ~97.8. But with the relative stability I find I can "sense" my temp accurately in a way I couldn't when it was bouncing all over the place. I'm hoping slowly it will take longer and longer to drop to <98, then eventually not drop until bedtime.

Hope this helps :( I know the "wtf temps" feeling well.

Thanks, that's helpful to know, I think I'll get some thyroid and try the slow approach, really need this problem sorted.

WestCoaster

It's an insulin resistance thing. Insulin directly if it can do what it wants to do with little problems (insulin sensitivity) raises body temp by driving nutrients into cells. Insulin resistance however now allowing insulin to do what it does means there is an energy disruption so to speak, so the body temperature falls. Sugar however rapidly increases body temperature (it's actually used to treat hypothermic patients), but it doesn't solve the problem because sugar (fructose combined with glucose) causes insulin problems in itself due to that combo. You'd probably be better off with straight glucose because fructose in and itself doesn't stimulate Leptin which can cause appetite issues. Avoid the fructose if you can (unless your eating some berries), and stick to mainly starches for the time being otherwise you run the risk of making the situation worse down the road.

The goal is to repair the damage, not put a band-aid on it. Instead of eating say Pizza and coke, grab a couple of sweet potatoes and mash them up and liberally put salt on them, see how you feel, I guarantee that will warm you up. If you're still hungry, eat more potatoes. In fact, spend an entire day eating to satiety on things like potatoes, sweet potatoes, white rice, and squash. Try to avoid fat as much as possible while eating these starches, but if you like some butter on your potatoes, that's fine, just don't over saturate it. Carrots can be good because they are starchy, and you could probably even get away with oatmeal if you like it. Last resort would be things like pasta, but it should still be chosen oven anything with sugar in it.

It also probably would help to ditch the coffee for the time being or at least lower the consumption to maybe a cup a day and start looking more at electrolytes. Things like drinking chicken broth is great for this.

OP
D

Dan010101

It's an insulin resistance thing. Insulin directly if it can do what it wants to do with little problems (insulin sensitivity) raises body temp by driving nutrients into cells. Insulin resistance however now allowing insulin to do what it does means there is an energy disruption so to speak, so the body temperature falls. Sugar however rapidly increases body temperature (it's actually used to treat hypothermic patients), but it doesn't solve the problem because sugar (fructose combined with glucose) causes insulin problems in itself due to that combo. You'd probably be better off with straight glucose because fructose in and itself doesn't stimulate Leptin which can cause appetite issues. Avoid the fructose if you can (unless your eating some berries), and stick to mainly starches for the time being otherwise you run the risk of making the situation worse down the road.

The goal is to repair the damage, not put a band-aid on it. Instead of eating say Pizza and coke, grab a couple of sweet potatoes and mash them up and liberally put salt on them, see how you feel, I guarantee that will warm you up. If you're still hungry, eat more potatoes. In fact, spend an entire day eating to satiety on things like potatoes, sweet potatoes, white rice, and squash. Try to avoid fat as much as possible while eating these starches, but if you like some butter on your potatoes, that's fine, just don't over saturate it. Carrots can be good because they are starchy, and you could probably even get away with oatmeal if you like it. Last resort would be things like pasta, but it should still be chosen oven anything with sugar in it.

It also probably would help to ditch the coffee for the time being or at least lower the consumption to maybe a cup a day and start looking more at electrolytes. Things like drinking chicken broth is great for this.

Hmm yes could well be insulin related, I've had a hunch it could be for a while. how long should I cook sweet potatoes? I'll try eating potatoes and a little bit of butter all day and see what my temps are like.

OP
D

Dan010101

Temps before sweet potato 96.1F, temps after eating 400g sweet potato with plently of salt and slither of butter - 96.2F

OP
D

Dan010101

Interesting I definately have the jaundice look at times and other people notice too, where I just get a yellowish tinge to my skin, I might need to lower the carrots/sweet potato a bit.
Not sure what to eat, contradictory advice lol. Will need to get thryoid sorted though I'm fairly sure im a bit hypo. Where do I get thyroid from?

Just checked temps/pulse 20 mins after eating potato It's weird even though my thermometer says i am hovering around 96-97F I don't feel cold, I feel slightly warm and my pulse is 103 BPM after eating the potato. Hasn't gone up to 99F like the other day though, I felt really good when I hit 99F i felt deeply warm and calm.

OP
D

Dan010101

Notice when I eat roast dinners I get slow digestion and toxic feeling in face, itchiness and irritability my temps and pulse drop too.

OP
D

Dan010101

Probably going to go to see a doctor soon, I have just bought a pharmacy grade thermometer and getting temps like 95.4F even though I feel warm and have eaten and cycled around etc. not good.

OP
D

Dan010101

yeah tried OJ at room temps, tried coconut oil, doesnt help really. My temp right now is 97.3F it's currently 18:36 here sitting inside my temps fluctuate so much

OP
D

Dan010101

I've bought some more coconut oil and honey will try that now for next week everyday

Just had a strange development I tried taking my rectal temperature and found that it was 98.6F did it a few times and got same result. Maybe I have normal temps? So why do I feel so sluggish and tired? infuriating

OP
D

Dan010101

Seems my main issue is my body temperature drops alot whilst asleep and thats why I wake up in the morning totally unable to eat anything because I am cold. Drinking fluids in the morning forcefully makes this worse, what can I do to stop myself getting so cold at night? I have wrapped up and worn layers of clothes at night but woken with sweat hmm :/

theLaw

Seems my main issue is my body temperature drops alot whilst asleep and thats why I wake up in the morning totally unable to eat anything because I am cold. Drinking fluids in the morning forcefully makes this worse, what can I do to stop myself getting so cold at night? I have wrapped up and worn layers of clothes at night but woken with sweat hmm :/

After reading through your thread, here are my suggestions:

1. Use fruit juice (the fresher the better) instead of sugar/honey/fructose powder to stabilize blood sugar. Literally sip it throughout the day, and you can also add mineral water + gelatin to create a hydrating drink.

2. Activated charcoal (1-4T every other day with some juice - might be easier to take before bed, but be aware that it might lower blood sugar, so take with plenty of juice) This will clean out your gut and remove bacteria.

3. Cut out all of the starch. You can replace it with fat (ice cream) at first, but then move to cheese if possible and lower the fat.

4. Be sure to get your micros from liver and oysters

5. Cyproheptadine can be used in a pinch if your symptoms continue

Then of course, there are the big 3:

+ Clean the Liver

Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

High Protein Diet Prevents & Reverses Fatty Liver Disease (steatosis)

+ Fix Digestive Issues

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Ray Peat Potato Protein Soup (RPPPS)

Cyproheptadine - A Wonder Drug?

+ Reduce PUFA in Tissues down to almost nothing

PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days!

Haidut's Summary Of PUFA

VoS uncoupling thread

I'm willing to bet that your issues are caused by either harmful gut bacteria and/or pufa build-up in your tissues. Lowering your fat intake to <10% while taking Niacinamide/Aspirin/Thiamine/Caffeine/K2 is probably your best bet to resolve these issues quickly.

Cheers!:cool:

OP
D

Dan010101

After reading through your thread, here are my suggestions:

1. Use fruit juice (the fresher the better) instead of sugar/honey/fructose powder to stabilize blood sugar. Literally sip it throughout the day, and you can also add mineral water + gelatin to create a hydrating drink.

2. Activated charcoal (1-4T every other day with some juice - might be easier to take before bed, but be aware that it might lower blood sugar, so take with plenty of juice) This will clean out your gut and remove bacteria.

3. Cut out all of the starch. You can replace it with fat (ice cream) at first, but then move to cheese if possible and lower the fat.

4. Be sure to get your micros from liver and oysters

5. Cyproheptadine can be used in a pinch if your symptoms continue

Then of course, there are the big 3:

+ Clean the Liver

Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

High Protein Diet Prevents & Reverses Fatty Liver Disease (steatosis)

+ Fix Digestive Issues

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Ray Peat Potato Protein Soup (RPPPS)

Cyproheptadine - A Wonder Drug?

+ Reduce PUFA in Tissues down to almost nothing

PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days!

Haidut's Summary Of PUFA

VoS uncoupling thread

I'm willing to bet that your issues are caused by either harmful gut bacteria and/or pufa build-up in your tissues. Lowering your fat intake to <10% while taking Niacinamide/Aspirin/Thiamine/Caffeine/K2 is probably your best bet to resolve these issues quickly.

Cheers!:cool:

Thanks thelaw, I'll give those suggestions a go, what doses for Niacinamide/caffeine/aspirin/K2?

theLaw

Thanks thelaw, I'll give those suggestions a go, what doses for Niacinamide/caffeine/aspirin/K2?

They vary widely from person to person. I would check out Haidut's threads for each to get the range.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals