Low Body Temperatures

Dan010101

Hey guys I'm 21 years old and I have been peating the last 5 months

I recently bought a thermometer to check my temps and I'm shocked at just how low they are...

This morning I woke up and it was 95 F later after eating I tried and it was 96.6 F i have been doing it orally for 5-10 mins each time :/

I have a bit of anxiety, low sex drive, (rarely get erections) have struggled with depression in the past, and my energy is mixed but my body is lean and musclular.

my daily diet is this;

-1 litre skimmed organic milk uht w/ 100g white sugar
-1.5 L OJ
-500g potatoes with 20g butter + sprinkles of salt
-Coffee
-600g Low fat cottage cheese.

Anyone know what could be wrong? Really worried :/

tara

Hi Dan
I recently bought a thermometer to check my temps and I'm shocked at just how low they are...
Just to confirm, did you keep the thermometer well in place for at least 5 mins, preferably 10mins? Mine takes more than 5min to stabilise.

Not an expert, and I don't know what your history is, but some thoughts ...
This is not primarily from Peat, but just noting that if that has been your typical diet for a while, my rough estimate says it might be a bit low calorie for a growing young man. Needs probably vary a bit from person to person, but more than 3000 would be common, 3500 typical, and maybe more for extra active young men and sometimes during hungry patches in recovery from undereating (yours looks like less than 2500).
I also wonder whether it is a bit narrow in terms of range of foods, and therefore possibly short on some minerals?
Have you tried including any eggs, fresh or stewed fruit, cooked greens/broth, a serve of liver weekly and oysters and maybe other shellfish now and then?

Good luck.

HLP

I agree with Tara. More variety for sure. Eggs, oysters and shrimp would be good additions to your diet. Don't go too long between meals and snacks. I had similar symptoms and have found eating more sugar warmed me up substantially. Cyproheptadine has been mentioned on this forum for depression. I also have used wild lettuce to boost mood and it works. Get some sunshine too.

tara

OP
D

Dan010101

Hi Dan

Just to confirm, did you keep the thermometer well in place for at least 5 mins, preferably 10mins? Mine takes more than 5min to stabilise.

Not an expert, and I don't know what your history is, but some thoughts ...
This is not primarily from Peat, but just noting that if that has been your typical diet for a while, my rough estimate says it might be a bit low calorie for a growing young man. Needs probably vary a bit from person to person, but more than 3000 would be common, 3500 typical, and maybe more for extra active young men and sometimes during hungry patches in recovery from undereating (yours looks like less than 2500).
I also wonder whether it is a bit narrow in terms of range of foods, and therefore possibly short on some minerals?
Have you tried including any eggs, fresh or stewed fruit, cooked greens/broth, a serve of liver weekly and oysters and maybe other shellfish now and then?

Good luck.

Yeah I keep it in same place for at least 5 mins, I take zinc, magnesium, b6, taurine, niacinamide, pansterone. I ont eat any vegetables so I might add them in. Not sure how to hit 3000 with peat foods tbh I also don't feel hungry enough to want to eat 3000.

OP
D

Dan010101

Here's my new regime I might start considering some of the foods you guys have posted;

-1.5L Skimmed Milk
-1.5L OJ
-65g Oysters Fried
-600g Potato White
-2 boiled eggs
-100g Raw carrot
-2 TBSP Coconut Oil
-50g Prawns (Shrimp next time I go shopping)
-400ml coffee
-600g Cottage Cheese
-20g Butter
-120g White Sugar (with the milk)

Will possibly throw in some veggies like kale and Green Beans need to see how peat friendly they are etc.

Total of 3047 Calories @ 150g Protein/469g Carbs/57G Fat

supplements;

-1g Niacinamide
-600mg Aspirin
-2g Taurine
-1g Glycine (not sure about dosage)
-6mg Boron
-400mg Magnesium Glycinate
-30mg P5P
-8 Drops pansterone on testis (10mg of pregnenolone and DHEA)
-10k Vitamin D every 2 days

Hope this helps my temps and general energy feel free to critique if theres anything that could be improved, I will post updates

Last edited:

Constatine

As already mentioned try eating a good variety of food. Variety is very underestimated for health. Too many oral supplements can lead to increased serotonin in the gut due to digestive issues. Coffee can lower body temperature under certain conditions for some reason (if you know why please tell), so see what happens if you drop it for a week.

OP
D

Dan010101

I have come down with a nasty bug the past 2 days, temperatures such as 95/96 averages at the moment.

Yesterday I decided to have a steaming shower, I took my thermometer in and it went up to about 98F after 5-6 mins I stayed there for a couple mins then got out and wrapped up really warmly, temps dropped to 96.5 ish.

This morning I woke up with strong headaches and cold, temps were 96F.

Amazingly I have just decided to eat raw carrots, salt and coconut oil, I've just taken my temps and it went up to 98.0F !!! wtf? why is this happening? endotoxins?

EDIT - WOW 98.9F ! flu symptoms lessening

EDIT 2 - Just hit 99.6F !

Last edited:

Constatine

I have come down with a nasty bug the past 2 days, temperatures such as 95/96 averages at the moment.

Yesterday I decided to have a steaming shower, I took my thermometer in and it went up to about 98F after 5-6 mins I stayed there for a couple mins then got out and wrapped up really warmly, temps dropped to 96.5 ish.

This morning I woke up with strong headaches and cold, temps were 96F.

Amazingly I have just decided to eat raw carrots, salt and coconut oil, I've just taken my temps and it went up to 98.0F !!! wtf? why is this happening? endotoxins?

EDIT - WOW 98.9F ! flu symptoms lessening
Yeah...wow. Endotoxins are a good guess but those are some quick results. Hopefully this is reproducible. You might have just cracked the code... that or your really sick lol.

OP
D

Dan010101

Will keep updating throughout the day but I am amazed... I think my digestive system is out of wack cause I haven't had regular bowel movements past couple weeks and when I do they are broken up like rabbit droppings (sorry for graphic detail).

I don't know what's causing this cause I only eat peat friendly things like Milk, sugar, OJ, cottage cheese etc. Maybe I do need more healthy fibers like carrots?

I might try going in really hot bath and eating raw carrot salad with coconut oil and salt to see how high I can get these temps hehe. I feel much better, calmer and less flu symptoms.

I should clarify slightly, I took my temps before carrot salad - 96.6F, After carrot salad it started going up to 98F-98.6F then I took 100mg caffeine + started drinking coffee + sugar and it started going up and then hit 99F.

Last edited:

Constatine

Will keep updating throughout the day but I am amazed... I think my digestive system is out of wack cause I haven't had regular bowel movements past couple weeks and when I do they are broken up like rabbit droppings (sorry for graphic detail).

I don't know what's causing this cause I only eat peat friendly things like Milk, sugar, OJ, cottage cheese etc. Maybe I do need more healthy fibers like carrots?

I might try going in really hot bath and eating raw carrot salad with coconut oil and salt to see how high I can get these temps hehe. I feel much better, calmer and less flu symptoms.

I should clarify slightly, I took my temps before carrot salad - 96.6F, After carrot salad it started going up to 98F-98.6F then I took 100mg caffeine + started drinking coffee + sugar and it started going up and then hit 99F.
Wow 99! I've got to try this some time.
OJ is supposed to be great for digestion and for reducing endotoxins: Orange juice neutralizes the proinflammatory effect of a high-fat, high-carbohydrate meal and prevents endotoxin increase and Toll-like receptor expression but I've heard some people say they have a hard time digesting it. Some people have a hard time digesting other peaty foods so maybe try rotating what you eat and see if you can find out whats doing it. What your doing now might be enough to nullify any reaction though. Quality of the foods are important as well, a lot of orange juice is just glorified acid.

OP
D

Dan010101

Update - Seems my temps have dropped and stabilized at 97F about 1.5 Hrs after carrots+coffee

Drinking OJ now

EDIT - 19 mins later at 97F, feel a bit more flu coming again, slight headache

Last edited:
OP
D

Dan010101

Round 2 - temps at 96F before taking carrot salad with 4tsp coconut oil and salt + 300mg aspirin + 400ml coffee with sugar and 100mg caffeine tablet

EIRE24

Update - Seems my temps have dropped and stabilized at 97F about 1.5 Hrs after carrots+coffee

Drinking OJ now

EDIT - 19 mins later at 97F, feel a bit more flu coming again, slight headache
Did you just mix the coconut oil in or did you melt it sort of? Also did you take this with food or away from it?

Risingfire

Here's my new regime I might start considering some of the foods you guys have posted;

-1.5L Skimmed Milk
-1.5L OJ
-65g Oysters Fried
-600g Potato White
-2 boiled eggs
-100g Raw carrot
-2 TBSP Coconut Oil
-50g Prawns (Shrimp next time I go shopping)
-400ml coffee
-600g Cottage Cheese
-20g Butter
-120g White Sugar (with the milk)

Will possibly throw in some veggies like kale and Green Beans need to see how peat friendly they are etc.

Total of 3047 Calories @ 150g Protein/469g Carbs/57G Fat

supplements;

-1g Niacinamide
-600mg Aspirin
-2g Taurine
-1g Glycine (not sure about dosage)
-6mg Boron
-400mg Magnesium Glycinate
-30mg P5P
-8 Drops pansterone on testis (10mg of pregnenolone and DHEA)
-10k Vitamin D every 2 days

Hope this helps my temps and general energy feel free to critique if theres anything that could be improved, I will post updates

Are you eating fruit? Are you playing sports?

Fruit helped get my temp up consistently

Too many sports killed my body temperature

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals