What Is This Nighttime Temperature Pattern

Luckytype

Its not cortisol, perfect diurnal curve.
Its not adrenaline - bp would show something.
Mind is clear, and this happens whether i have walked or not, gotten sunlight or not.

Context:
Well fed, calories, nutrition macros etc.
Food is all spaced to where i feel really good, solid meals with good snacks between. I can eat any time before bed(hours to minutes, no difference)
Last meal has been experimented with, has sugar fat and salt with a little protein

Issue:
Every night about three hours before bed my temperature falls regardless of food intake regardless of artificial heating from heaters baths or lights. It Falls to less than 97.4 typically around 97.2, and stays there. it is as if a light switch is flipped and I go from struggling to hover around 98° or so to 97.5 or lower.

Once I get in bed regardless of the room temperature I experience what it feels like too much warmth in bed in the room etc. My issue is I'm sweating, where I normally don't sweat even above this temperature, and it makes it very uncomfortable to sleep. However if I don't sleep with blankets and usually in some sort of sleep pant my temperature is lower the next morning.

There is no pattern. Why am I experiencing such an uncomfortable heating sensation that keeps me but my body temperature reflects the opposite despite being warm enough to sweat?

Is this another strange hypo thing? Androgens?

Last edited:

Jennifer

Does it last all through the night or is it more like flashes of heat and sweating that comes and goes? I connect hot flashes mainly to an excess of estrogen, but if it's constant through the night, I'd say it's due to a weak thyroid and/or adrenals. Ray has said that with a weak thyroid/hypothyroidism, a person can have poor heat and cold tolerance.

Or...how is your liver? When I had stones and "sludge" detected via ultrasound, if I ate too much fat for my liver to handle, I would get overheated and sweat at night despite my temps not rising along with these symptoms. I found that sticking to lighter and easier to digest foods (in my case fruit) later in the evening prevented the overheating and allowed for restful sleep. This also helps with excessive heat and sweating that can accompany an inflamed gut. I experienced that one, too. Good times! Haha!

OP
L

Luckytype

Does it last all through the night or is it more like flashes of heat and sweating that comes and goes? I connect hot flashes mainly to an excess of estrogen, but if it's constant through the night, I'd say it's due to a weak thyroid and/or adrenals. Ray has said that with a weak thyroid/hypothyroidism, a person can have poor heat and cold tolerance.

Or...how is your liver? When I had stones and "sludge" detected via ultrasound, if I ate too much fat for my liver to handle, I would get overheated and sweat at night despite my temps not rising along with these symptoms. I found that sticking to lighter and easier to digest foods (in my case fruit) later in the evening prevented the overheating and allowed for restful sleep. This also helps with excessive heat and sweating that can accompany an inflamed gut. I experienced that one, too. Good times! Haha!

@Jennifer thanks for the reply.

Digestion and everything is good.

And no it doesnt last the night, its constant and doesnt come in waves. I justbfrt into bed, eventually get the sensation of warming up as my temp falls and i start getting uncomfortable. Eventually I fall asleep. Its so unbelievably annoying.

Just random low temp high heat sweating keeping me awake for absolutely no discernable reason whatsoever.

Jennifer

@Jennifer thanks for the reply.

Digestion and everything is good.

And no it doesnt last the night, its constant and doesnt come in waves. I justbfrt into bed, eventually get the sensation of warming up as my temp falls and i start getting uncomfortable. Eventually I fall asleep. Its so unbelievably annoying.

Just random low temp high heat sweating keeping me awake for absolutely no discernable reason whatsoever.
Hmm...well, you have me stumped, Lucky!

You clearly have a thyroid weakness going on with those temps so I'd find it surprising if your adrenals weren't having to compensate somehow, but then you say it's not due to adrenalin or cortisol.

Since I don't know your history, I'll just list all the things I can think of and you can see if anything stands out to you?

- Stress hormones rearing their ugly heads at night – Some signs include insomnia (can also be a sign of a pineal gland weakness), low blood sugars, heart palpitations, nightmares, anxiety attacks – my low grade anxiety attacks (doomed feeling) happen at night and are accompanied by night sweats.

- Adrenal weakness – You know the symptoms so no need for me to mention them. :)

- Thyroid/parathyroid weakness – Again, you know the symptoms.

- Kidney weakness – Some of the biggest indicators are too low or too high diastolic blood pressure, poor kidney filtration (lacking sediment in urine) and elevated creatinine.

- Excess estrogen – Elevated prolactin can point to this, too.

- Infections – Can even be overgrowths in the gut – restless legs often accompany this and even heart palpitations (the gut is the seat of the Autonomic Nervous System).

- Medications

I just thought of something...could you keep a cold pack with you to sort of spot treat, say, on your wrists, forehead or behind your neck, just long enough so you can fall asleep more easily while allowing you to stay covered?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Hopefully others will chime in.

YourUniverse

Ive had something similar, temperature controls all off, sometimes too hot, sometimes too cold... sometimes face boiling hot, rest of body freezing... I came to the conclusion that it was estrogen (which may or may not be correct) and took an aspirin with some milk before bed. It made my temperatures uniform and comfortable, and sleep came shortly thereafter.

I was just battling with night sweats for several months and seemed to have tamed it within the last month. I played with macros and meal timing and all of that with little success. Other things that did not help: having lots of sugar and or salt before bed, pregnenolone, aspirin, magnesium, avoiding caffeine late in day, glycine.

Things that have been helpful, ordered from most to least. Taken with dinner or before bed: Zinc, Niacinamide, Selenium, Calcium Carbonate, Thiamine.

If I had to just guess, I was probably in copper excess and needed zinc to help get my adrenals to stop freaking out over sleep stress.

Maybe your adrenals are fine, but you have a histamine issue?

OP
L

Luckytype

I have had a warm week all week, titrating up onto t3 for the switch to ndt eventually.

Im sitting here under a thin blanket, in a zipup hoodie, the room is 77, im sweating but my temp is 97.5...

This literally makes no sense, I think i sweat less when im physically warmer

Could be that your t3 wore off and you started getting hypothermic? 77 room temp is really warm for sleep, possibly you let yourself get too hot so your body defensively is trying to cool you down. I’d try sleeping with the room at 65, thats normally ideal for people.

Milena

97.5F, 36.3C is considered the perfect nighttime temperature for sleep, I think.
So, no issues. Your body is just telling you it is a little warm for sleeptime and trying to get you to the nighttime setpoint which is lower than the relatively ideal daytime setpoint of 98.6F, 37C.
Your temps should rise in the morning without the accompanying sweats.

Extract from Steve Richfield's stuff
Conditions corrected
The conditions that I have corrected include
1. Body temperature unable to reach 98.6F=37C, sometimes misdiagnosed as hypothyroidism or Wilson's Syndrome, typically resulting in a variety of “hypothyroid symptoms”, clogged arteries, immune disorders like cancer, and autoimmune disorders like COPD.

2. Body temperature stuck at 98.6F=37C, typically resulting in severe insomnia.

3. Inability to go into ketosis to metabolize fat, typically resulting in morbid obesity
With so many things to potentially go wrong, why is body temperature so frequently affected? At 97.4F=36.3C sleeping temperature, our temperature is ad hoc controlled, where systems are abruptly turned on and off to regulate temperature. For example, people whose temperature is stuck low usually have hot or cold hands, but rarely are their hands at a temperature in between extremes. However, at 98.6F=37C waking temperature, our temperature is controlled via closed-loop PID control, where everything is proportionally controlled. However, if anything affecting temperature control isn't working right and reaches an operational limit, the entire process becomes unstable, whereupon our CMCS makes the decision to drop to lower temperatures where closed-loop operation isn't attempted, so instability can't occur. There are many systems whose operation affects temperature, so people often cease to properly cycle their temperature. There are many possible culprits but a short list of usual culprits that underlie low daytime body temperature, so some diagnostic work is needed to understand each person's problems

Peater Pan

Its not cortisol, perfect diurnal curve.
Its not adrenaline - bp would show something.
Mind is clear, and this happens whether i have walked or not, gotten sunlight or not.

Context:
Well fed, calories, nutrition macros etc.
Food is all spaced to where i feel really good, solid meals with good snacks between. I can eat any time before bed(hours to minutes, no difference)
Last meal has been experimented with, has sugar fat and salt with a little protein

Issue:
Every night about three hours before bed my temperature falls regardless of food intake regardless of artificial heating from heaters baths or lights. It Falls to less than 97.4 typically around 97.2, and stays there. it is as if a light switch is flipped and I go from struggling to hover around 98° or so to 97.5 or lower.

Once I get in bed regardless of the room temperature I experience what it feels like too much warmth in bed in the room etc. My issue is I'm sweating, where I normally don't sweat even above this temperature, and it makes it very uncomfortable to sleep. However if I don't sleep with blankets and usually in some sort of sleep pant my temperature is lower the next morning.

There is no pattern. Why am I experiencing such an uncomfortable heating sensation that keeps me but my body temperature reflects the opposite despite being warm enough to sweat?

Is this another strange hypo thing? Androgens?
Did you find your answer? Mega hypo/Hashi's (TSH >150) now on 1 CP and 1/2 CM/daily and considering Richfield's full-on two week protocol. Sweat like a pig in bed when layered but am worse when I sleep cold. Ave/ 97.3-97.7 (improved from much worse) waking but struggle to get >98.3/4 most days except with HOT shower, layers, caffeine, T3 and can never stay there…tend to rebound to <98.