Chronic health problem (Dehydration) - Faint hope somebody here might have some ideas

OP
C

Callmestar

You have told us on the previous page that you don't have diabetes insupidus. Also, you never did all the things I mentioned above AT ONCE. You haven't tried some of them at all.

If you want to complain about your (nonexistent) diabetes insupidus, about your "mystery condition", how poor your ability to concentrate urine is, keep self-sabotaging your health by extreme diets and therapies and feeling sorry for yourself, then go on.

But if you ever want to feel better, start working on your PTSD, your depression and anxiety. The fact that the only thing that ever helped you was Phenibut should be a huge clue.

Wish you the best of luck and hope you will feel better soon ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

My point is, we currently don't know what the condition is. If I go by my 2 water deprevation test results. I DO have diabetes insipidus. I do not concentrate urine normal for whatever reason, that's why very low intakes of fluid could be dangerous. My more recent hypertonic saline test indicates I am producing vasopressin normally but my low urine concentration remains consistent with diabetes insipidus levels. That's why this is so baffling.

Phenibut did absolutely **** all for anxiety. I took it for nights out on a few occasions and it make me feel like crap, the days after my anxiety was increased, not reduced. But for some reason the days afterwards resulted in better urine retention. Which you're assuming was down to reduced anxiety. It wasn't.

I've spent the past 10 years of my life working on the PTSD and this is the best I've been in terms of anxiety/depression. It's not the solution to the current dehydration health problem. I don't have the energy or capacity to go down that path again.

Thanks for your input.

LLight

I didn't read the whole thread but have you tried supplementing with osmolytes (taurine, inositol, betaine)? That may not solve the root cause but might improve your symptoms.
I guess that can not hurt if you are constantly dehydrated.

Only recently has it been fully recognized that some mammalian tissues follow this widespread evolutionary pattern, in particular the kidney. As a consequence of the urine-concentrating mechanism, cells of the renal inner medulla may be exposed to extracellular urea and NaC1 at well over 1000 mosm/kg. In the mid-1980s (Balaban and Knepper 1983; Finely 1984; Bagnasco et al. 1986), it was found that the inner kidney can contain high levels of the polyols sorbitol and (myo)-inositol, and the methylamines betaine and glycerophosphorylcholine (GPC; first detected by Ullrich 1959). These appear to be intracellular (since they are not found in urine or blood), and it was proposed that these compounds serve as osmolytes in renal cell volume maintenance (Fig. 1)

Last edited:

Belsazar

Updates: Feeling worse if anything. Unbelievably dry and depleted, especially in the mornings. I feel weak and lifeless. I barely have the energy to write this. Hanging on to my job by the skin of my teeth due to being able to work from home and managing about 2 hours work when I should be doing 8.

I've just been doing morning temperatures and they've been on average around 95.5 - 96F.

Supplements i'm taking:
Nutri Advanced nutrigest, Lamberts betaine hcl, Biotics research glucobalance, Biotics research cytozyme KD 1 1 Kidney support, Thiamine, Hydrolysed Collagen & Vit C powder, Pharma nord Vitamin D5000iu, Allergy research NT factor lipids, B-100, Boron.

I've been taking these supplements for about 2 months now. WIth the B100 and Boron added a couple of weeks ago based on some advice on this forum. I feel no better, I actually feel worse.

If you do not have a very good reasoning behind taking all those supplements and if you do not monitor their effects based on blood test, well being or temperature, i think it would be better to stop them altogether. It would be even hard/impossible to separate their effects.

95.5 - 96F. So thats 35.5°C which is quite low. How is your protein intake?

You might want to include PTH in your next blood test, to see where your calcium is coming from.

OP
C

Callmestar

If you do not have a very good reasoning behind taking all those supplements and if you do not monitor their effects based on blood test, well being or temperature, i think it would be better to stop them altogether. It would be even hard/impossible to separate their effects.

95.5 - 96F. So thats 35.5°C which is quite low. How is your protein intake?

You might want to include PTH in your next blood test, to see where your calcium is coming from.

The supplements are taken on the advice of a functional medicine doctor based on recent blood tests and my symptoms. Supposedly for Kidney support, Thyroid support, Cell membrane support, balancing blood sugar/adrenal support, increasing stomach acid/improving digestion. Although I have no confidence in what I'm taking, I'm at least giving them a chance and taking them to the end of the program or whenever they run out. Unless I've seen any improvements, then I'd continue with them.

My protein intake is around 100g a day.

What is the reference to Calcium? I can ask for PTH on next blood test but my calcium level on the blood test is in normal range?

Belsazar

Remember, your calcium was at the upper end of the range. Your Vitamin D seems to be sufficient. Either Calcium is coming from diet or from your bones. By measuring parathyroid hormone (PTH) (and/or Prolactin PRL) you could get an idea if calcium is recruited from your bones.

Just some ideas about oral dryness related to PTH and salivary Calcium from a quick google search, maybe you can read around those articles including their references.

OP
C

Callmestar

I didn't read the whole thread but have you tried supplementing with osmolytes (taurine, inositol, betaine)? That may not solve the root cause but might improve your symptoms.
I guess that can not hurt if you are constantly dehydrated.

Thank you. I haven't tried supplementing with those, I will take look.

OP
C

Callmestar

Saw my endocrinologist today. He would like to try me on a low dose / 0.1mg of Fludrocortisone for possible low adrenal/aldosterone. What do you guys think?

I need some relief and aldosterone is the only other hormone that could cause an obvious problem with fluid balance. Obviously, there is the general improvement of other hormones and nutrition outside of this which I hope to achieve but for now Fludrocortisone seems worth a try.

I'm awaiting Cortisol & Aldosterone/Renin tests in the mean time but he seems willing to try me on the Fludrocortisone straight away.

Korven

Hey!

A morning temperature of 95.5 - 96F is definitely hypothyroid territory. Should be around 98 F rising to 98.6-99 during the day. During hypothyroidism your cells aren't producing enough ATP and CO2 which means you won't hold onto any potassium, magnesium etc, you will pee it all out. Hypothyroidism can also cause adrenal issues and low aldosterone.

This video gives a good explanation of why you need robust thyroid function/oxidative metabolism for retaining water and electrolytes:

Also you might want to check out @Velve921 posts about going from peeing 50x per day to normal frequency, using Peat principles.

OP
C

Callmestar

Hey!

A morning temperature of 95.5 - 96F is definitely hypothyroid territory. Should be around 98 F rising to 98.6-99 during the day. During hypothyroidism your cells aren't producing enough ATP and CO2 which means you won't hold onto any potassium, magnesium etc, you will pee it all out. Hypothyroidism can also cause adrenal issues and low aldosterone.

This video gives a good explanation of why you need robust thyroid function/oxidative metabolism for retaining water and electrolytes:

Also you might want to check out @Velve921 posts about going from peeing 50x per day to normal frequency, using Peat principles.

Thank you. I will watch that video tonight and check out Velve921's posts.

I'm stuck between deciding on, going straight into supplementing T3, based on the opinions here of hypothyroid. Or trying to increase my thyroid naturally? Despite my bloods being relatively normal thyroid wise. Also will taking the Fludrocortisone to try and get some relief from the dehydration impact me trying to get the thyroid functioning optimally?

To add to the updates on my current situation, my urination has been worse since eating more Peat style and the only thing I can put it down to is the dairy. Unfortunately, I think I will have to cut it out. I don't get any major digestive symptoms with dairy but it gives me brain fog and going by recent weeks, seems to make the frequent urination and thirst worse. Very frustrating.

Korven

Thank you. I will watch that video tonight and check out Velve921's posts.

I'm stuck between deciding on, going straight into supplementing T3, based on the opinions here of hypothyroid. Or trying to increase my thyroid naturally? Despite my bloods being relatively normal thyroid wise. Also will taking the Fludrocortisone to try and get some relief from the dehydration impact me trying to get the thyroid functioning optimally?

To add to the updates on my current situation, my urination has been worse since eating more Peat style and the only thing I can put it down to is the dairy. Unfortunately, I think I will have to cut it out. I don't get any major digestive symptoms with dairy but it gives me brain fog and going by recent weeks, seems to make the frequent urination and thirst worse. Very frustrating.

I spun my wheels for years trying to fix my health issues naturally. My temperature and pulse rate never improved and I was very miserable. IMO untreated lifelong hypothyroidism won't respond much to changing diet, supplements, other treatments and hormone therapies. The only thing that really works to get out of "hibernation mode" and reignite oxidative metabolism is thyroid treatment. It's not dangerous if you do it correctly.

Danny Roddy has a very good guide on how to start thyroid here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/demystifying-14839477. Low and slow for months.

With that said you also want to make sure everything else -- good diet, lifestyle, sunshine, emotional/spritual health -- is also taken care of. These factors support thyroid function. Sometimes taking thyroid doesn't magically fix all issues, you might need to address gut health, SIBO etc. Tweaking things until you find what works for you.

I don't know much about Fludrocortisone so don't have an opinion on it, sorry.

Velve921

My typical diet is gluten free due to what I suspect is an intolerance. I generally eat 2 large meals a day, late breakfast and early dinner. Breakfast usually consists of 2 eggs on 2 x gluten-free bread, a bowl of porridge oats with some fruit. Dinner: 2 x Chicken breast, rice and veg or similar meat, potato and veg.

Activities, currently quite sedentary. Working from home, sitting most of the day. I go for a short 10 min walk at some point on most days. Some light exercise maybe once a week currently. Previously up until around a year ago, I was far more active, weight training 3 x a week, sports/running 2 x a week. I've just come to the point now where I feel too drained, weak, and depleted to continue with exercise.

@Velve921 here.

First off my friend... hang in there. As you read this message, I want you to start finding confidence that you are making very good progress by surrounding yourself with very knowledgable and altruistic people.

As you may have heard or read about my story, 7 years ago I was sleeping in a bath tub because I could not stop peeing (70x a day). However, there came a day where I started listening to some Peat concepts and it was a game changer. But, my method was very absolutely extreme.

The first thing I did was increase my sucrose intake dramatically. The first day I drank 1 gallon of OJ because my body could not get enough of it. Coincidentally, my urination started going down immensely. With that said, I won't say my way is the right way, but a way that worked for me. In looking at your diet, it may make sense why you are having issues.

For example,

Eggs with starch can drop blood sugar and increase the stress response
porridge can do the same
chicken + rice + potatoes + veggies can do the same.

I know this because I use to do something similar.

Chicken and meat are full of tryptophan and phosphate
rice and bread are high in starch and phosphate

Some simple things to think about are:

Replace starch with sucrose foods - fruit and ice cream have been instrumental for me
Replace meat with Glycine and Calcium rich proteins - Gelatin, Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese work great for me
Replace water with nutrient rich liquids - OJ, Grassfed milk, Mineral Water
Make Your pre bedtime meal the largest meal of the day - I do gelatin + dark chocolate + ice cream + grassfed milk + salt
1 insoluble fiber per day can start cleaning up the digestive tract which can be a reason why you can't digest milk, or you've tried bad milk - the raw carrot salad is simple to make

***One thing that Peat talked about right at the beginning is that most people can't digest milk because the lining of their gut has been destroyed by other processed foods. Slowly introducing can let your body heal and digest again. Or, they haven't tried a good source. I couldn't digest milk until I tried Kalona Milk. I can drink 1 gallon per day and feel great.

*****Parmigiano reggiano cheese supposedly lacks lactose so most people can digest it well. I eat everyday and it's amazing.

Don't be overwhelmed by all of this. It may seem like a lot, but based on the diet you presented to us, if I were to be blunt, you have some work to do based on my 7 years of experience.

One more note, I would recommend ceasing all exercise until you get this right. Hyperventilating exercise can be one of the leading causes of excessive urination for many people.

Do your best to get excited my friend. You have now surrounded yourself with some special people in this group. If you stay hot on the trail, you will find answers.

OP
C

Callmestar

I spun my wheels for years trying to fix my health issues naturally. My temperature and pulse rate never improved and I was very miserable. IMO untreated lifelong hypothyroidism won't respond much to changing diet, supplements, other treatments and hormone therapies. The only thing that really works to get out of "hibernation mode" and reignite oxidative metabolism is thyroid treatment. It's not dangerous if you do it correctly.

Danny Roddy has a very good guide on how to start thyroid here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/demystifying-14839477. Low and slow for months.

With that said you also want to make sure everything else -- good diet, lifestyle, sunshine, emotional/spritual health -- is also taken care of. These factors support thyroid function. Sometimes taking thyroid doesn't magically fix all issues, you might need to address gut health, SIBO etc. Tweaking things until you find what works for you.

I don't know much about Fludrocortisone so don't have an opinion on it, sorry.

Thanks. Yes I've ordered some T3 and am considering taking it for a consistent period of time to see how I feel and if there is any improvement in my symptoms. The only sticking point is, do I definitely know this is a thyroid problem, no. Could it be something unrelated that can be rebalanced and lead to the resolution of my symptoms. I hope so and I think I need to cover all basis with that before running down the thyroid route and shutting off my own thyroid hormone when thyroid may not even be the cause of my symptoms. I know thyroid is linked to so many processes but is it the main culprit causing my dehydration, I'm not sure.

If I were to begin taking T3 / Thyroid, how long would I need to be on it in order to notice a change in how I'm feeling and would I be able to do this without shutting off my own naturally produced thyroid? I've taken 8mcg of tyrenone/t3 for a few days in a row a week or so ago as a short experiment to see if I'd feel any change but I felt nothing. I know things take time to work, this was just short experiment in order to assess if there is a major issue with T3 and therefore I thought taking it for a few days may have an impact on my symptoms without me shutting off my own T3. But unfortunately I didn't feel anything.

Last edited:
OP
C

Callmestar

@Velve921 here.

First off my friend... hang in there. As you read this message, I want you to start finding confidence that you are making very good progress by surrounding yourself with very knowledgable and altruistic people.

As you may have heard or read about my story, 7 years ago I was sleeping in a bath tub because I could not stop peeing (70x a day). However, there came a day where I started listening to some Peat concepts and it was a game changer. But, my method was very absolutely extreme.

The first thing I did was increase my sucrose intake dramatically. The first day I drank 1 gallon of OJ because my body could not get enough of it. Coincidentally, my urination started going down immensely. With that said, I won't say my way is the right way, but a way that worked for me. In looking at your diet, it may make sense why you are having issues.

For example,

Eggs with starch can drop blood sugar and increase the stress response
porridge can do the same
chicken + rice + potatoes + veggies can do the same.

I know this because I use to do something similar.

Chicken and meat are full of tryptophan and phosphate
rice and bread are high in starch and phosphate

Some simple things to think about are:

Replace starch with sucrose foods - fruit and ice cream have been instrumental for me
Replace meat with Glycine and Calcium rich proteins - Gelatin, Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese work great for me
Replace water with nutrient rich liquids - OJ, Grassfed milk, Mineral Water
Make Your pre bedtime meal the largest meal of the day - I do gelatin + dark chocolate + ice cream + grassfed milk + salt
1 insoluble fiber per day can start cleaning up the digestive tract which can be a reason why you can't digest milk, or you've tried bad milk - the raw carrot salad is simple to make

***One thing that Peat talked about right at the beginning is that most people can't digest milk because the lining of their gut has been destroyed by other processed foods. Slowly introducing can let your body heal and digest again. Or, they haven't tried a good source. I couldn't digest milk until I tried Kalona Milk. I can drink 1 gallon per day and feel great.

*****Parmigiano reggiano cheese supposedly lacks lactose so most people can digest it well. I eat everyday and it's amazing.

Don't be overwhelmed by all of this. It may seem like a lot, but based on the diet you presented to us, if I were to be blunt, you have some work to do based on my 7 years of experience.

One more note, I would recommend ceasing all exercise until you get this right. Hyperventilating exercise can be one of the leading causes of excessive urination for many people.

Do your best to get excited my friend. You have now surrounded yourself with some special people in this group. If you stay hot on the trail, you will find answers.

Thank you. I appreciate the input and had been reading some of your old posts.

I have definitely increased my sucrose since finding the forum. Eating much more fruit and plenty of OJ. Dairy seems to be a bit of a problem, I have increased it massively recently with lots of cheese, milk, butter, ice cream etc. But my dehydration, frequent urination and thirst have got even worse over the past couple of weeks and that's the only thing I can really put it down to as the major change. So I think, unfortunately I may have to cut this out for now. I will see if I can find something along the lines of Kalona milk but I've tried lot's of different types of mile, from standard supermarket pasteurized milk to grass fed raw whole milk. I don't have any major digestive symptoms from it but rather it gives me a foggy head and it appears to be making the urination worse currently.

Can I ask, with your frequent urination, was it clear urine or was in concentrated? Did you have problems with dry mouth/thirst? Were you drinking a great deal seeing as you were peeing 70x per day?

Regarding ceasing the exercise, I'm currently not really doing any other than walking and some stretching here and there as I don't have any energy, but, vigorous exercise for me usually has the opposite effect to causing excessive urination is you say. It is one of the few things that can often trigger my urine into becoming more concentrated and reducing the frequent urination. If I get very hot, or exercise vigorously and sweat, my urine gets some colour, as if the sweating or heat in the body triggers an increase in vasopressin or allows the kidneys to concentrate urine more efficiently. Outside of this my urine is completely clear and passing straight through me constantly like a leaky tap.

Eating, being very warm, sweating - help to reduce the dehydration and increase urine concentration slightly. Being cold, laying down, mornings - Make the dehydration worse, non stop, full bladder of clear urine every 30-40 mins.

Dry mouth is pretty much constant, which is another problem when it comes to eating fruit as there's a lack of saliva to protect the teeth.

Last edited:
OP
C

Callmestar

Recent bloods:

eGFR using creatinine (CKD-EPI) per 1.73 square metres > 90 mL/min
eGFR has been calculated using the CKD-EPI creatinine
equation.

Plasma fasting glucose level 4.5 mmol/L [3.4 - 6.0]

Bone profile
Serum total protein level 74 g/L [60.0 - 80.0]
Serum albumin level 45 g/L [35.0 - 50.0]
Serum calcium level 2.51 mmol/L [2.2 - 2.63]
Serum adjusted calcium concentration 2.45 mmol/L [2.2 - 2.63]
Serum alkaline phosphatase level 59 u/L [30.0 - 130.0]

Serum cholesterol level 6.2 mmol/L
Serum HDL cholesterol level 1.2 mmol/L
Serum cholesterol/HDL ratio 5.2
Serum LDL cholesterol level 4.3 mmol/L
Serum triglyceride levels 1.6 mmol/L [0.6 - 1.9]
Serum non high density lipoprotein cholesterol level 5.0 mmol/L

Urea and electrolytes
Serum sodium level 140 mmol/L [133.0 - 146.0]
Serum potassium level 4.5 mmol/L [3.5 - 5.3]
Serum creatinine level 95 umol/L [59.0 - 104.0]

Serum testosterone level 14 nmol/L [8.0 - 31.0]

Erythrocyte sedimentation rate 2 mm/h [1.0 - 7.0]

Serum TSH level 3.1 miu/L [0.2 - 5.5]
Serum free T4 level 16.4 pmol/L [10.0 - 24.5]
Serum thyroid peroxidase antibody concentration < 25 iu/mL [0.0 - 25.0]

Serum 25-Hydroxy vitamin D3 level 124.0 nmol/L
Serum 25(OH)D >50 nmol/L is SUFFICIENT for almost the whole
population.

OP
C

Callmestar

Besides implementing some of Peat's diet ideas, my current train of thought is to investigate any problems with Aldosterone, Renin or Angiotensin. Which besides Vasopressin which I appear to produce normally, are the other components that impact fluid balance directly.

I'm awaiting bloods on Aldosterone and Renin and a Synacthen test on my adrenals. My endo is also open on to trying me on Fludrocortisone for possible lack of aldosterone, low blood volume. He is ready to do this before us even testing Aldosterone?

Velve921

Thank you. I appreciate the input and had been reading some of your old posts.

I have definitely increased my sucrose since finding the forum. Eating much more fruit and plenty of OJ. Dairy seems to be a bit of a problem, I have increased it massively recently with lots of cheese, milk, butter, ice cream etc. But my dehydration, frequent urination and thirst have got even worse over the past couple of weeks and that's the only thing I can really put it down to as the major change. So I think, unfortunately I may have to cut this out for now. I will see if I can find something along the lines of Kalona milk but I've tried lot's of different types of mile, from standard supermarket pasteurized milk to grass fed raw whole milk. I don't have any major digestive symptoms from it but rather it gives me a foggy head and it appears to be making the urination worse currently.

Can I ask, with your frequent urination, was it clear urine or was in concentrated? Did you have problems with dry mouth/thirst? Were you drinking a great deal seeing as you were peeing 70x per day?

Regarding ceasing the exercise, I'm currently not really doing any other than walking and some stretching here and there as I don't have any energy, but, vigorous exercise for me usually has the opposite effect to causing excessive urination is you say. It is one of the few things that can often trigger my urine into becoming more concentrated and reducing the frequent urination. If I get very hot, or exercise vigorously and sweat, my urine gets some colour, as if the sweating or heat in the body triggers an increase in vasopressin or allows the kidneys to concentrate urine more efficiently. Outside of this my urine is completely clear and passing straight through me constantly like a leaky tap.

Eating, being very warm, sweating - help to reduce the dehydration and increase urine concentration slightly. Being cold, laying down, mornings - Make the dehydration worse, non stop, full bladder of clear urine every 30-40 mins.

Dry mouth is pretty much constant, which is another problem when it comes to eating fruit as there's a lack of saliva to protect the teeth.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Based on your feedback, I’ll be honest, I can’t relate to your symptoms.

I would say be relentless with seeking advice from all people on this forum.

to answer your question, when I was at 70x per day I was not drinking near as much as I do now. But I was drinking lots of straight water back then. Now I do tons of OJ, milk, coffee, and mineral water.

My urination was clear when drinking straight water. Now it’s concentrated the majority of the time.

OP
C

Callmestar

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Based on your feedback, I’ll be honest, I can’t relate to your symptoms.

I would say be relentless with seeking advice from all people on this forum.

to answer your question, when I was at 70x per day I was not drinking near as much as I do now. But I was drinking lots of straight water back then. Now I do tons of OJ, milk, coffee, and mineral water.

My urination was clear when drinking straight water. Now it’s concentrated the majority of the time.

Fair enough. Does sound a bit different yes. If you were urinating 70x a day it sounds more of a bladder/prostate issue, rather than dehydration. Not even people with total diabetes insipidus with a complete inability to concentrate urine, go to the toilet that many times in a day.

OP
C

Callmestar

Started back on some T3/Tyronene today. Took 8mcg sublingually around 1pm, didn't feel or notice anything. Took another 8mcg around 6pm. I felt a subtle lift in mood, I also felt very relaxed, suddenly became hungry. Resting pulse increased from my typical 50-55bpm up to 70bpm. Strange, my pulse was increased but I felt calm and as though I wanted to rest/go to sleep?

I supposed in general these are positive signs from the T3. I will keep at roughly this dose and see if there is any improvement in my symptoms over the next few days.

Last edited:

Korven

Thanks. Yes I've ordered some T3 and am considering taking it for a consistent period of time to see how I feel and if there is any improvement in my symptoms. The only sticking point is, do I definitely know this is a thyroid problem, no. Could it be something unrelated that can be rebalanced and lead to the resolution of my symptoms. I hope so and I think I need to cover all basis with that before running down the thyroid route and shutting off my own thyroid hormone when thyroid may not even be the cause of my symptoms. I know thyroid is linked to so many processes but is it the main culprit causing my dehydration, I'm not sure.

If I were to begin taking T3 / Thyroid, how long would I need to be on it in order to notice a change in how I'm feeling and would I be able to do this without shutting off my own naturally produced thyroid? I've taken 8mcg of tyrenone/t3 for a few days in a row a week or so ago as a short experiment to see if I'd feel any change but I felt nothing. I know things take time to work, this was just short experiment in order to assess if there is a major issue with T3 and therefore I thought taking it for a few days may have an impact on my symptoms without me shutting off my own T3. But unfortunately I didn't feel anything.

I get what you're saying about fixing other underlying issues that are causing the dehydration and/or thyroid issues. Perhaps it is some other hiccup in the system, mineral imbalances, nutrient deficiencies, latent infection, pituitary problems and lack of vasopressin etc. You would definitely want to investigate other causes besides hypothyroidism. I also had the same concerns about potentially shutting down endogenous thyroid production and just screwing things up even more. Since getting on thyroid though I've seen so many of my symptoms getting better it's pretty crazy. Zero side effects, only benefits.

Still I think a legitimate long-term experiment with thyroid to get your temps and heart rate up to 98.6-99 F and 85-90 BPM would be worth a shot. Reading this makes me think that your hypothyroidism at least partly could be the culprit here:

"If I get very hot, or exercise vigorously and sweat, my urine gets some colour, as if the sweating or heat in the body triggers an increase in vasopressin or allows the kidneys to concentrate urine more efficiently".

It can take a couple months to get your temperature and pulse up to euthyroid levels. Especially with untreated (possibly lifelong) hypothyroidism. It doesn't just happen from taking some T3 for a few days, at least not in my experience. The Broda Barnes/Ray Peat way is to go low and slow, gradually increasing the dose over months so that your body can adjust to higher metabolism without getting unpleasant stress reactions/adrenaline type symptoms. When thyroid improves so will liver function, adrenals, intestinal function, etc,etc -- everything works better.

Started back on some T3/Tyronene today. Took 8mcg sublingually around 1pm, didn't feel or notice anything. Took another 8mcg around 6pm. I felt a subtle lift in mood, I also felt very relaxed, suddenly became hungry. Resting pulse increased from my typical 50-55bpm up to 70bpm. Strange, my pulse was increased but I felt calm and as though I wanted to rest/go to sleep?

I supposed in general these are positive signs from the T3. I will keep at roughly this dose and see if there is any improvement in my symptoms over the next few days.

Those are good signs! Feeling warmer, relaxed and even tired/sleepy means its working. The end goal is to get back to consistent euthyroid levels - 98.6-99 F and 85-90 BPM - and that might take some time and experimentation. For instance if there's any sort of chronic infection, or low cholesterol, or low vitamin D, it will prevent you from responding properly to thyroid. Other pro-thyroid substances can be used together with T3 such as progesterone, caffeine, fructose, calcium, sodium, and so on.

A huge one for me has been just to keep temperature up during winter with warm clothes and blasting my body with heat from a wood stove (this kind of thing):
1357534.jpeg

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals