Low Toxin Logs Charlie's Low Toxin Lifestyle (diet, supplements, etc)

purple pill

I've read that too - I've started taking DMG - dimethylglycine, similar to TMG, but one less methyl group and it seems to be helping too.

I'm thinking about adding Sam-E in too. I feel off every time I start taking a b-complex, even methylated B's.
Yeah i gave up on b-complexes, even smaller dose complexes just don't feel right. B3 all the way though w/ some methylglycine.

Sure there was a doctor that claimed that we get all our b vits from bacteria after symbiotically exchanging vitamin D with them, I do feel pretty good after hitting the sunbeds , wonder if the natural b vits from gut bacteria play in to it

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Would sodium molybdate be preferred over molybdenum glycinate chelate, as a source of molybdenum?
Sodium molybdate is the one I have found that works the best.
How much of Potassium Bicarbonate and Potassium Gluconate do you take per day.
And is it daily or couple of times a week.
Thanks Charlie.
I aim for about 2000mg a day for supplemented Potassium. The rest I get from bananas, meat, beans, etc.
For me especially, I feel like magnesium and potassium are huge but its tricky to get the balance down, so I was hoping maybe you had some advice.
It is just something each person has to figure out on their own. Once you get the magnesium and potassium figured out things really start moving in the right direction.
After just 1 year of peating at 19 years old, I got a huge spike in blood pressure as well as periods with intense pulsating intracranial head pressure. When that would happen, I would down pounds of salt as the Peat people would advice to lower blood pressure, only making everything worse. So essentially during that time, I think I made myself heavily deficient in magnesium and potassium, as well as zinc with all the calcium and copper through dairy and salt I was consuming.
I had the same exact thing happen to me, @Blossom also had a huge blood pressure spike. I had months of blood pressure so incredibly high.
I pretty much went through every form. Citrate, gluconate, chloride etc. I knew Smith said citrate can be an issue due to mouldiness. I started going heavily on potassium chloride along with topical magnesium chloride and I think after a while I gave myself a huge chloride overdose. I think Ive been going way too acidic.
Chloride overload is definitely something to look out for when supplementing the chlorides. Some people cannot handle the chlorides at all.
I know you talk about buffering now with the niacin but what form of potassium are you actually supplementing? And how much?
I use potassium bicarbonate and I will post the ratios soon as I can but to start off you can do potassium bicarbonate and nicotinic acid in a ratio of 1:1.

And lately I have been trialing magnesium carbonate and you can start with a ration of .5:1. So 50mg of magnesium carbonate to 100mg of nicotinic acid. I will post an exact ratio chart up soon.
So yeah, bascially I guess what I am asking is,can you maybe give some advice towards potassium supplementing. Forms, dosage and any tips really.
It took me quite a bit of time to get settled in. Basically some people do well on some potassiums, others do not. Each person has to figure that out on their own.
Does copper just get dumped through bile too when intake sources are reduced for long enough??
Yes. It takes quite a while though to release copper. Gotta get the big 5 minerals repleted so the balance can get in favor of expulsion of the toxins.
Also, is activated charcoal something that could help bind and remove toxins? I am wary of fiber. My experiences with it in the past have been bad. Get constipated, have acid reflux, etc. Had my best bowel movements ever as a carnivore.
Yes I am using activated charcoal, I think I forgot to mention it. Fiber causes reflux because it stimulates bile to be released. Reflux is nothing more the bile coming back up into the stomach.
Why consume magnesium hydroxide over something like magnesium glycinate?
Cause I find that works best for the purposes I am looking for, pooping.
It sounds like you think that could be liberated copper? How would you speed up that process and minimize the negative sensations?
Sounds like copper moving to me. Getting the big 5 minerals right along with nicotinic acid and pretty much the rest of the program will take care of it. Removing copper is a long drawn out process.
Could it be 100 % pure alcohol?
It needs some water to help dissolve the potassium.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
had the same exact thing happen to me, @Blossom also had a huge blood pressure spike. I had months of blood pressure so incredibly high.
True story. It was during a time (in hindsight) when my health was at it’s worst and I was swallowing frozen liver cut up in small pieces like pills because I thought it was necessary/good for me. I also had pounding in my head and electrical sensations running through my body.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
True story. It was during a time (in hindsight) when my health was at it’s worst and I was swallowing frozen liver cut up in small pieces like pills because I thought it was necessary/good for me. I also had pounding in my head and electrical sensations running through my body.
Yeh and that is also at the time my teeth were literally crumbling and I had to get several fillings but my dentist would not let me get fillings because my blood pressure was so astronomically high. The dental helper told me to go immediately to the emergency room. I refused to go on high blood pressure meds so I had to wait months to get my teeth fixed. I finally talked the dental helper into just overlooking the high blood pressure and she did. The was all during the time I was deep into the Ray Peat food suggestions. That was truly an awful time of my life and I am grateful to God he has sent the answer on how to pull out of it.

On a side note......I know Dr. Smith goes hard on "Peaters". Even though I do not agree with his delivery, he has seen the absolute destruction that the Ray Peat food suggestions can cause and has saved many "Peaters", including myself. Why do you think so many people are flocking to him from the Ray Peat community? Because this diet on a whole, is destructive. Can some handle it? Of course, they are Blessed with incredible livers. But eventually, the toxins always wins.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

J.R.K

Chloride overload is definitely something to look out for when supplementing the chlorides. Some people cannot handle the chlorides at all.
Would chlorides be less of an issue if they were used in say magnesium chloride dissolved in water then applied via the transdermal route?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Would chlorides be less of an issue if they were used in say magnesium chloride dissolved in water then applied via the transdermal route?
I am not sure. I know in the beginning I was not able to handle chlorides very well. Now that my liver function is improving I can handle it just fine. Transdermal is the absolute best way to deliver it from my experience.

J.R.K

Sounds like copper moving to me. Getting the big 5 minerals right along with nicotinic acid and pretty much the rest of the program will take care of it. Removing copper is a long drawn out process.
Do you feel there will be a point in which your diet will be able to provide adequate amounts of the big five as you have coined it. Or will supplements be a mainstay? Given of course that the soil and nutrient content has be greatly depleted.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Do you feel there will be a point in which your diet will be able to provide adequate amounts of the big five as you have coined it. Or will supplements be a mainstay? Given of course that the soil and nutrient content has be greatly depleted.
It looks like they might be needed for optimal liver function from here on out due to what you said, the soils are greatly depleted. We have too many toxins coming at us right now and not enough of the big 5 in our food.

J.R.K

I am not sure. I know in the beginning I was not able to handle chlorides very well. Now that my liver function is improving I can handle it just fine. Transdermal is the absolute best way to deliver it from my experience.
I have to concur with you on that with regards to magnesium, I just started on magnesium supplementation this week just magnesium chloride in boiled water in a glass spray bottle after a shower. Huge improvement in calmness of mind. I was pretty calm before but other minor things have improved as well. I am considering potassium but I am unsure of the best type.

J.R.K

It looks like they might be needed for optimal liver function from here on out due to what you said, the soils are greatly depleted. We have too many toxins coming at us right now and not enough of the big 5 in our food.
I am wondering on your thoughts about iron now, do you now consider it still to be a toxin, and carcinogenic. Coffee after red meat offer any benefit in your opinion, or coffee in general?

Gawdawg

Here is some info about what I am eating. I do hesitate to post it, because what works for me might not work for you. But this is how I am rolling right now and it can indeed change. Also my diet is very simple because I am not married at the moment so basically doing all the food prep myself so I keep it simple as possible

-pure white salt (jacobsons salt co) dont do the Peat suggested Mortons salt, it has one of the highest lead readings
Dr. Peat recommended pickling salt.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have to concur with you on that with regards to magnesium, I just started on magnesium supplementation this week just magnesium chloride in boiled water in a glass spray bottle after a shower. Huge improvement in calmness of mind. I was pretty calm before but other minor things have improved as well. I am considering potassium but I am unsure of the best type.
I have incredible results with the potassium chloride in the MAGA-Pot recipe. And I do very well with potassium gluconate. Potassium bicarbonate is another good one but I like to cycle that one in and out to try and keep my stomachs acids up high as possible for digestion.
I am wondering on your thoughts about iron now, do you now consider it still to be a toxin, and carcinogenic. Coffee after red meat offer any benefit in your opinion, or coffee in general?
The liver regulates iron, fix the liver and it fixes everything. Coffee to me was a liver toxin.
Dr. Peat recommended pickling salt.
Dr. Ray Peat literally recommended one of the most toxic salts there is when he suggested Mortons Pickling Salt. It's incredibly high in lead. My test came back with my lead being sky high.

J.R.K

I have incredible results with the potassium chloride in the MAGA-Pot recipe. And I do very well with potassium gluconate. Potassium bicarbonate is another good one but I like to cycle that one in and out to try and keep my stomachs acids up high as possible for digestion
The liver regulates iron, fix the liver and it fixes everything. Coffee to me was a liver toxin.
Thanks for taking the time Charlie, one last question comes to mind (but I am sure there will be more). You recommend niacin rather than niacinamide, is there a reason for this, and is it a departure from niacinamide?

Gawdawg

Dr. Ray Peat literally recommended one of the most toxic salts there is when he suggested Mortons Pickling Salt. It's incredibly high in lead. My test came back with my lead being sky high.
Have you tested Ball pickling salt?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thanks for taking the time Charlie, one last question comes to mind (but I am sure there will be more). You recommend niacin rather than niacinamide, is there a reason for this, and is it a departure from niacinamide?
Niacin opens up over 500+ detox pathways in the body. And from my observations, this is correct. It kicks my detox up several levels, so much so I have to back down because at time it can get uncomfortable. Detoxing is an art form.

Like I mentioned before, if I could only have two things I could pick to help with detox it would be Niacin and EMF mitigation.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

J.R.K

Niacin opens up over 500+ detox pathways in the body. And from my observations, this is correct. It kicks my detox up several levels, so much so I have to back down because at time it can get uncomfortable. Detoxing is an art form.

Like I mentioned before, if I could only have two things I could pick to help with detox it would be Niacin and EMF mitigation.
What do you like to for EMF mitigation. A lot of options out there and it still for me remains in the woo woo device area.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals