Carnivore/Zerocarb Subreddit Idiocy

OP
A

animalcule

I'm surprised they're pro-vaxx over there, considering how the 1% who want everyone vaxxed are also planning to take away their meat, I'd think that would raise suspicions. They're also generally outside the box (to an extent) thinkers too, I mean who really goes on an all meat diet expect for someone willing to question things. I do think that over time such a diet can lead to the opposite though, being closed minded.

I used the sub a few times when I was experimenting with ZC and they actually seemed quite helpful, it was rife with confirmation bias upvoting but in all honesty that's what I was there for too. When I had issues I had people trying to help but I guess I was already in the circle so they couldn't just ignore me. I deleted every post I made in the sub once I quit, lest any of my posts encourage anyone to go down that route.

I used the sub a few times when I was experimenting with ZC and they actually seemed quite helpful, it was rife with confirmation bias upvoting but in all honesty that's what I was there for too. When I had issues I had people trying to help but I guess I was already in the circle so they couldn't just ignore me. I deleted every post I made in the sub once I quit, lest any of my posts encourage anyone to go down that route.

There’s no coherence when it comes to what they are “open minded” to and what they are critical of. Eating fruit could be contributing to your chronic autoimmune illness! Stop eating it! But oh, that cocktail of chemicals you had injected into your bloodstream specifically designed to provoke an immune response? Hmm... nah, don’t even for a second consider that it may have played *any role whatsoever* in altering your immune function.

But again: I wasn’t even directing them to anti vaccination articles. The author of the article had had anti vaccination sentiments, which I honestly was not aware of because he didn’t mention that in those articles, and the website that hosted the articles I was reading is home to many other articles critical of the effects of many pharmaceuticals, including vaccines. Maybe I just don’t notice this stuff anymore bc I really don’t care if someone is anti vaccine. I care if their theory, when applied to my own life, works and improves my health. And it did.

skuabird

And it’s fascinating how one can develop anemia on an diet of nothing but meat.

Yeah, more of a b-vitamin deficient anemia than iron I believe...maybe caused by an infection.

The paradox of anemia with high meat intake: a review of the multifactorial etiology of anemia in the Inuit of North America​

qwazy

The carnivore diet can be a great tool but it has some issues. In particular people often wont get rid of serious infections but think they are still adapting. The other thing is that it can really throw off your hormones. It is low in minerals and overeating protein can give you pretty bad clostridia dysbiosis.

Sadly most people on the carnivore reddit are mentally challenged. The worst are the mods. There is one mod that is first to reply to every thread with "eat more" as if that is the only variable in life.

T

TheBeard

Here's my analysis of the success/failure cycle of the carnivore diet:

people feel great on it at first. They don't know why, but the main reason is because they are avoiding fiber, starches, and oxalates.

Then comes the phase where most glycogen-depleted livers can't adapt.
Today's livers are sick, and very few will adapt to a ketogenic diet, if at all.

Then comes the phase when nutritional deficiencies start to show up.

The key is to remove starch, fiber and oxalates from the diet, not "everything but meat".

T

TheBeard

But what is left to eat with those restrictions if intolerant to dairy/eggs?

Are you intolerant to dairy/eggs in the context of low fiber?

Most people haven't tried.

For me as well, dairy was problematic when I had a "varied healthy diet".

Quit the fiber and I digest dairy perfectly with no issue.
Ideally your dairy has to be raw.

skuabird

@ursidae
I was dairy intolerant for a long time, at least a decade. It seemed like caesin and whey flared up my arthritis and cutting it helped a lot initially. It was actually some of the carnivore youtubers bringing on Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride to talk about GAPs that got me to re-assess.

I think @TheBeard is right- low fiber, healthy gut (diet with lots of glycine) and raw a2 dairy worked for me...I can tolerate any store-bought dairy now too to my complete surprise.

ursidae

Are you intolerant to dairy/eggs in the context of low fiber?

Most people haven't tried.

For me as well, dairy was problematic when I had a "varied healthy diet".

Quit the fiber and I digest dairy perfectly with no issue.
Ideally your dairy has to be raw.
are you having any fiberless plant matter on your diet? Like low oxalate fruit juice?

Tim Lundeen

Lonsdale says that almost all medical drugs damage mitochondria. He doesn't like vaccines because he's seen lots of injury and tried to heal it with thiamine. But he doesn't like most all drugs :):

OP
A

animalcule

Lonsdale says that almost all medical drugs damage mitochondria. He doesn't like vaccines because he's seen lots of injury and tried to heal it with thiamine. But he doesn't like most all drugs :):
Seems like a valid position to me.

Tabrid

Here's my analysis of the success/failure cycle of the carnivore diet:

people feel great on it at first. They don't know why, but the main reason is because they are avoiding fiber, starches, and oxalates.

Then comes the phase where most glycogen-depleted livers can't adapt.
Today's livers are sick, and very few will adapt to a ketogenic diet, if at all.

Then comes the phase when nutritional deficiencies start to show up.

The key is to remove starch, fiber and oxalates from the diet, not "everything but meat".
What do you think about fruit fiber? I am doing a diet similiar to what you've described but If I juice and strain the fiber I don't get satiated. Chewing the fruits satiates me.

Nicole Carter

Well, just an update on what happened with the whole back and forth with the mods:

I stopped responding to them after one of them bravely boasted that he wasn't going to be "intimidated" by my "needlessly long messages" and that I wasn't going to stop him from "the important work [he has] to do" for the zerocarb community... It was at this point I seriously wondered whether I'd been talking to children or writing into a void. Who in their right mind would consider a handful of paragraphs explaining and defending someone's position to be a "long message" designed to "intimidate"???

Another couple piped up that they didn't even read anything I wrote because it was clearly "spam." So. These are the people moderating r/zerocarb. One of them considers long messages to be threatening (but don't worry, he's not intimidated!), and others don't even bother to read sincere defenses/explanations because anything that violates their dogma must be trolling.

Yea, it was a waste of time. Lesson learned.
I was carnivore 2.5 years and never bothered with those, it became very cult like and if you add anything back to your diet you are considered a defector, lol!
eat meat drink water... worst advice ever!

Einklang

subreddits are a breeding ground for idiocy. when a community works itself on a collective ideology, "down-voting" and therefore discarding information deemed wrong, those previously held opinions will continue. anything different than the norm will be suppressed. take nothing said in such a place to heart.

Reddit is an authoritarian cesspool. The net experience of visiting that site has turned negative many years ago.

T

TheBeard

I was carnivore 2.5 years and never bothered with those, it became very cult like and if you add anything back to your diet you are considered a defector, lol!
eat meat drink water... worst advice ever!

What didn't work for you on the carnivore diet?
How did you feel?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals