No Blood Sugar Issues After 9 Months PKD-style Carnivore Diet

julcreutz

I've recently started implementing Ray Peat's ideas into my diet, as my metabolism shut down more and more on a PKD-style carnivore diet (very high fat, organs, protein limit to keep BG low).

My only source of carbs rn are well-boiled peeled white potatoes. I digest them really well, no bloating, nothing. I have no blood sugar issues, neither hypo- nor hyperglycemia symptoms. I feel really good and my temperature has increased drastically.
My hair and skin are also much smoother and less oily.

I thought a high fat diet would induce insulin resistance... can it be that I "reversed" that rather quickly? I'm only 18 years old, so maybe that would help?

I also thought that my skin would get worse in terms of breakouts, but no. My skin actually looks better. It doesn't look red anymore, so definitely less inflammation/stress.

Digestion is also great. Today I had my first ghost ***t and it was satisfying as hell. Doing Ray's carrot salad (albeit without vinegar rn) and it also digest really well.

LLight

Hi,

I'm curious about this question:
How much liquid did you drink when you were full PKD? Was it more like less than 1 liter, between 2 and 3, more than 3 liters?

The hungarian PKD doctor told in an interview that he drank about 750mL liquid a day.

I wonder if it's important, for example for endogenous deuterium depleted water production which should better not be diluted by exogenous water.

Regarding insulin resistance (I'm sure a lot of people will disagree), low carb is inducing a "glucose sparing" type of insulin resistance that reverses as soon as you eat more carbs.

OP
J

julcreutz

Hey!
I drank mostly to thirst and hydration status, but I salted my water. I found that I need extremely high amounts of salt and I could only achieve that by salting my water. At no point did it taste too salty tho.
I've experimented with water intake and found that I don't tolerate low amounts of water very well. I like being hydrated.

LLight

Going by thirst is probably the best way to do (even if I wonder whether thirst feeling can be miscalibrated for some reasons) :):

What were/are you trying to cure by going PKD?

Skin and wrecked digestion from veganism

Can you elaborate on your experiences with vegan-Dieting,what was the course and onset of illness?
Lots of people get shamed into vegan-Dieting,tricked by false Nutrition-Analysis.

OP
J

julcreutz

Well, I've tried a lot of variants of a plant-based diet. High-carb low-fat, High-fat low-carb (always 100g+ of protein), excluding certain food groups but my acne and bloating got worse and worse.

Well, I've tried a lot of variants of a plant-based diet. High-carb low-fat, High-fat low-carb (always 100g+ of protein), excluding certain food groups but my acne and bloating got worse and worse.

I see.My Foodchoices would be meat,fish,gelatine,eggs,Butter,liver,PUFA intake from all sources (Peat is of different opinion,but he is an outlier in that he says PUFA are poison and unnecessary,which worldwide Lipidologists disagree,also the often cited Mead-Acid-Researcher,Mead) LA 5g,ALA5g,LCPUFA from Fish maybe 1g,oysters,ripe fruit,Potato,D3 between 5000IU to 10000IU,Thorne 2/d,1capsule a day,
in general supplementing everything under the notion of deficiency of everything,i wrote that 3 times today already lol.

OP
J

julcreutz

Yeah, I'm undecided on the whole PUFA topic. I agree that polyunsaturated seed oils are toxic, especially when oxidized, but I don't know if that applies to natural sources, especially oily cold-water fish.
I'm starting to include more MUFA and small amounts of PUFA. I noticed that a high saturated fat diet without PUFA and MUFA makes my sebum really waxy and solid, which I never experienced prior to starting this carnivore diet.

LLight

Yeah, I'm undecided on the whole PUFA topic. I agree that polyunsaturated seed oils are toxic, especially when oxidized, but I don't know if that applies to natural sources, especially oily cold-water fish.
I'm starting to include more MUFA and small amounts of PUFA. I noticed that a high saturated fat diet without PUFA and MUFA makes my sebum really waxy and solid, which I never experienced prior to starting this carnivore diet.

Maybe you have high cholesterol.
I believe that generally, saturated fat increases and PUFA tend to decrease it.
You may be interested by the attached publication. It proposes that sebum is lipid excreted by the body.

Attachments

• the-missing-blood-lipid-excretory-system.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
OP
J

julcreutz

Wow, that sounds intriguing! I'm gonna dig into the article rn, thanks!

OP
J

julcreutz

Surprised. One of the vegan life selling points is that is makes your skin much more youthful and all that, I guess in the short term

Yep, that's why I initally started veganism. Because of all the anecdotes of people curing their acne with it. Well, didn't work for me haha

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals