1. SALE EXTENDED!!! Thanksgiving Sale 10% Off LifeGivingStore.com Till Monday December 9th @ Midnight With Coupon Code: THANKS2019
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Carbs - Amount And Type

Discussion in 'Macros & Micros' started by TNT, May 2, 2019.

1. olive

olive Member

Occasionally but I prefer the taste of the white flesh, purple potato. I don’t think there is much difference however.

2. jet9

jet9 Member

what are your carb/protein/fat ratios ?

3. olive

olive Member

Right now approx.
    ~750 carb
    ~125 protein
    ~30 fat

4. yoshiesque

yoshiesque Member

" snack on fruits (mostly pineapple/tomatoes) and juice (usually cranberry juice/coconut water)"

Can I ask why you snack on pineapple/tomatoes and drink cranberry?

I am assuming the coconut water is for the potassium?

5. olive

olive Member

Cranberry juice is high in vitamin e and low in PUFA - a rare combination.
    Pineapple contains bromelain, is high in vitamin c and tastes good.
    Tomatoes are high in vitamin e and low in PUFA, as well as a good potassium source.
    Coconut water is high in potassium and adds a nice sweetness to coffee without the need for sugar.

6. Ron J

Ron J Member

@olive
    I have a few questions, if you don't mind:
    -Are you worried about the anti-androgenic effects of lycopene from tomatoes?
    -Have you tried other diets? If so, what were the macro ratios, calories and foods? I assume they didn't work out, or were inferior in some way.

7. jet9

jet9 Member

Interesting that you are protein back loading kind of (i assume that 8pm meal is your largest in terms of protein) and front loading carbs.
    Did you try eating more protein in the AM and more carbs in PM ?

8. olive

olive Member

I’m not too worried about it. I’m plenty androgenic; widows peak, hairy torso, thick facial hair, insatiable libido, deep voice.. I’m running out of androgenic traits, I think the only one I lack is acne/oily skin which cleared up after I quit dairy.

I’ve tried other diets. I did the chicken, rice, brocolli, protein powder bodybuilder diet for a while. Then typical peat; red meat, fruit juice, broth, dairy diet for a while. Both left me feeling bad for different reasons. I felt stronger on Peat but the subsequent weight gain, insulin resistance and laboured breathing quickly became an issue. Also, all the diary caused acne as I described above.

My skin, hair, mood, bowel movements and digestion are far better now then ever before on any other diet.

Insulin sensitivity is highest in the AM. We should eat according the the circadian rhythm, so carbs in the AM is preferable.

9. ShotTrue

ShotTrue Member

Intesting olive, might have to try that sometime, though I don't have a problem with dairy

10. Cirion

Cirion Member

@olive

How much fructose do you get a day?

11. lampofred

lampofred Member

RP in an interview a few days ago said he gets over half his daily calories from fruit, which is about 1500-1600 calories from sucrose.

12. ShotTrue

ShotTrue Member

@olive what is the reason for making your carbs from potatoes rather than fruit? Blood sugar?

13. lampofred

lampofred Member

I tried introducing potatoes into my diet but I got endotoxin problems within just a few days, so looks like I'm going to have to stick to getting the majority of my carbs from OJ.

14. Cirion

Cirion Member

That would be about 400 gram of sugar or 200 gram fructose and 200 gram glucose. That puts you just under the threshold from DNL from sugar, so that's probably fine. But I got myself into trouble by having 300-400 gram fructose, which is where DNL starts to really happen in earnest. I don't think 750 gram all from sugar is sustainable or healthy (clearly it's not though, as he has potatoes). Hence my question to olive.

15. olive

olive Member

Fruits are expensive and less micronutrient dense as potatoes calorie:calorie.
    I like fruit but I think it’s best snacked on throughout the day. Fructose can be a burden on the liver if liver glycogen is already full, so I like to strategically time fructose consumption upon waking (when liver glycogen is low) and post exercise. Outside of those windows fructose is best snacked on in small quantities as to not over stress the liver - in my opinion.
    Dried apricots, dried figs and medjool dates have been my breakfast choices of late. Occasionally the odd papaya.
    I’ve also been doing kiwi fruit and pineapple to aid digestion after large meals.

Tomato is also technically a fruit and I eat the equivalent of ~1kg of it per day between raw/purée/juice/paste. And I drink 1L of coconut water per day which is also fructose heavy.

16. olive

olive Member

Try the sweet kind, peel carefully, cook thoroughly and salt heavily.

17. Cirion

Cirion Member

I think you're right man. The best day I ever had in tracking was on a day with 440 gram sugar total. Fructose seems to be very apt for DNL when you get to around the 500 gram mark, both from studies and my own experiences. Since I am metabolically dysfunctional, I have to be extra careful not to burden my liver. But, my carbohydrate needs are very high precisely because I'm still not well, so it's a catch 22 so I opt to have the max fructose I can, without running into problems, which seems to be no more than 200-250 gram fructose a day for me.

Most people don't eat really really high carbs like you or I, so most people don't run into this fructose limit, but when I eat 1,000 gram of carb in a day, it's super easy to hit this limit.

18. Amarsh213

Amarsh213 Member

This is very intresting, I started eating Pea-Protein and seen a significant weightloss.

I believe it has to do with amminos, milk/eggs/meat are for growth. Gelatin/Plant protein for loss.

I also know seafood is superior in regards to glycine/taurine, which further adds to this.