Low Carb Induced Severe Insulin Resistance?

Discussion in 'Macros & Micros' started by MightyFall, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Mittir

Mittir Member

RP recommends against cortisol supplement. His dietary recommendations are aimed at
    lowering stress hormones like cortisol. I think the breathing problem you are having is a result of
    fall in stress hormones with breakfast. Measure your temperature and pulse before breakfast and 1 hour after breakfast and this will give you an idea about your thyroid status. What was your TSH?
    Did they test your total T3?

2. Swandattur

Swandattur Member

Just to mention, Mightyfall, what you describe sounds pretty much how I felt when I tried eating starch again. It wasn't good. Well, I also have an unfortunate problem with dairy.

3. OP
    MightyFall

MightyFall Member

Interesting. I experimented with a significantly lower fat intake (combined with intermittent fasting - intervals of 18 hours some days!). I still suffer with this low energy, lethargy and fatigue, as well as post-meal 'hypoglycemia'.

I now eat a high protein, low GI breakfast. I find that this helps avoiding any unpredictable dips throughout the day. I can't say my energy levels, attention span or motivation are any better.

What eating pattern would you recommend? Small, frequent meals or large, carb-dense meals? Carb timing? High protein, low carb for breakfast?

I can't live my life like this any more. Sorry to bump this.

4. Swandattur

Swandattur Member

Maybe you should try the frequent intake of saturated fat Dewitt mentions. I just went back on Adderall, myself, because of depression. It seems to boost the effect of the Wellbutrin I'm on. It seems to work better on my high non starchy carb fairly Peat diet. It really helps on the energy and hunger issues. It's like I now have brain fuel. I can think so much better and feel so much better on Adderall, though, but the Peat sort of diet seems to be key in helping it work better. Now I can contemplate the possibility of trying a medication with t3.
    Dewitt didn't say he thought fasting was good in that quote. Nor does Peat think fasting is good. Peat says fasting is not a good thing for metabolism at all. Or that is what I have understood. I might try the whole milk snacking.