Capsaicin increases Testosterone by 2,5 fold

Mauritio

In this study Capsicin had a huge effect on testosterone in mice. When given to pubertal mice for 40 days it increased T about 1,5 fold , but the real magic happened in the adult animals that got the pepper for 70 days: they increased their T by 2,5 fold!
I'm not sure how the dosage correlates to HED but the researchers called it a low dose (0.02%) , but I think that is a relativeley high dose. But lower doses might still be effective, they just didn't look for it.

I remember @Lokzo posted a study on a very androgenic pepper , maybe it was realted to its capsaicin content.
@cs3000 you'll want to see this.
Screenshot 2023-09-12 17.11.31.png

- Effects of capsaicin on testis ghrelin expression in mice - PubMed

Ras

In this study Capsicin had a huge effect on testosterone in mice. When given to pubertal mice for 40 days it increased T about 1,5 fold , but the real magic happened in the adult animals that got the pepper for 70 days: they increased their T by 2,5 fold!
I'm not sure how the dosage correlates to HED but the researchers called it a low dose (0.02%) , but I think that is a relativeley high dose. But lower doses might still be effective, they just didn't look for it.

I remember @Lokzo posted a study on a very androgenic pepper , maybe it was realted to its capsaicin content.
@cs3000 you'll want to see this.
View attachment 55455
- Effects of capsaicin on testis ghrelin expression in mice - PubMed
That study is reviewed here: On a diet? Capsaicin keeps your testosterone level up

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

cs3000

damn wild result. yeh dose would be damaging to gut cells

this one showed the opposite on low dose for some reason? without toxicity , 7 days
1mg/kg subcutaneously their test went down -50% (think subcutaneous & oral bioavailability is similar for capsaicin) , but only applied to the younger groups
So is the difference:
- inverse effect with low dose? or
- only lowers test during youth in development and raises when older? (no, 1st study saw test increase in both ages) or
- something else like does the VR1 (aka TRPV1) receptor get rekt when taken for long enough for opposite effect on testosterone? the older mice who had less vr1/TRPV1 got a test increase. that study was 7 days , wonder how long the 1st was for. test downregulates TRPV1 expression if that plays into it somehow

[their bodyweights went up & in the 1st study it raised ghrelin
so could be useful substance for restoring appetite , thanks]

but here Some like it hot: Testosterone predicts laboratory eating behavior of spicy food
spicy food preference correlates with test in men

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

damn wild result. yeh dose would be damaging to gut cells

this one showed the opposite on low dose for some reason? without toxicity , 7 days
1mg/kg subcutaneously their test went down -50% (think subcutaneous & oral bioavailability is similar for capsaicin) , but only applied to the younger groups
So is the difference:
- inverse effect with low dose? or
- only lowers test during youth in development and raises when older? (no, 1st study saw test increase in both ages) or
- something else like does the VR1 (aka TRPV1) receptor get rekt when taken for long enough for opposite effect on testosterone? the older mice who had less vr1/TRPV1 got a test increase. that study was 7 days , wonder how long the 1st was for. test downregulates TRPV1 expression if that plays into it somehow

[their bodyweights went up & in the 1st study it raised ghrelin
so could be useful substance for restoring appetite , thanks]

but here Some like it hot: Testosterone predicts laboratory eating behavior of spicy food
spicy food preference correlates with test in men
One might try capsaicin on the penis or scrotum dissolved in mct, if they are brave lol, penis is probably safer . But that would enable you to get around damaging the gut and it would also have less of an systemic NO increase.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Recently I has to dive a bit deeper into natural agent that increase testosterone. What I noticed was that the results in animals typically are far greater than in humans.
The typical range if increased T in humans with medicinal plants us 15%-20% (with those that work)

A-Tim

One might try capsaicin on the penis or scrotum dissolved in mct, if they are brave lol, penis is probably safer . But that would enable you to get around damaging the gut and it would also have less of an systemic NO increase.
Not all heroes wear capes

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

cs3000

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals