Can Magnesium Raise Pregnenolone & Dhea Levels?

mgrabs

Curious if this would help. Since adrenals are all connected?

My pregnenolone levels came in lower AFTER supplementing 50 mgs of pregnenolone.

My levels were at 85 now at 50.

Also, I notice my vitamin D levels climb very slowly even after 10,000iu daily with K combination. So maybe my focus should be more with magnesium

youngsinatra

Pregnenolone is created in the mitochondria, and since magnesium is involved in energy metabolism, it could make an impact.

Some swear on vitamin B5 for stimulting adrenal steroidogenesis.

Hows your thyroid going?

@youngsinatra I agree with B5 and the adrenal relationship because I had a remission with 500mg causing an acute androgenic effect, it probably just put the adrenals in a calmer state. I don't know about magnesium, it is involved with ATP but at least the topical one often causes me an increase (I think) in adrenaline, accelerated heartbeat, who knows 🙄

youngsinatra

@youngsinatra I agree with B5 and the adrenal relationship because I had a remission with 500mg causing an acute androgenic effect, it probably just put the adrenals in a calmer state. I don't know about magnesium, it is involved with ATP but at least the topical one often causes me an increase (I think) in adrenaline, accelerated heartbeat, who knows
When the adrenals are struggling to keep up, magnesium is usually a bad idea, because it will lower aldosterone even further than already and increase sodium/potassium loss.

I personally don’t do well on B5, because my serum DHEA-S is on the high side aswell as serum cortisol, indicating hyperadrenalism. But I think it’s can be really helpful for those with underperforming adrenals.

Last edited:
@youngsinatra Don't you also think that topical magnesium, probably penetrating very well even on red blood cells, could trigger a hypoglycemic response or even be an antagonist of ATP on mitochondria?

OP
M

mgrabs

Pregnenolone is created in the mitochondria, and since magnesium is involved in energy metabolism, it could make an impact.

Some swear on vitamin B5 for stimulting adrenal steroidogenesis.

Hows your thyroid going?
Interesting. I wonder if i should give the dhea and pregnenolone a rest for a bit and keep up with my thyroid med.

So far things are going good. I seem to feel really good most of the morning up until lunch.

Im trying to figure out if its the thyroid or now maybe its the preg/dhea peaking and wearing off? Idk.

Gonna test out today what its like only taking thyroid.

Something feels like it wears off…its 5:30 am where i am right now EST. I popped
My grain of thyroid. Usually once i head to work around 7 i take my 50mg preg and 25mg dhea. But today im gonna skip that… see what happens

Im looking to have a balance mood throughout the day cause i actually feel great when waking! Its not until a few hours something starts to feel “ eh” irs hard to explain. Im definitely improving though..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals