Cacao Butter: Strong Anti-cortisol, Anti-anxiety Effects

Travis

The shorter chained ones will metabolize quicker, and don't need carnitine transport. I'd read a study where they'd given ¹⁴C radio-labeled fatty acids to people and then had measured the rate of ¹⁴CO₂ liberation from their breath. It sounds almost unbelievable, but the authors had actually said that for every two carbon elongation metabolism oxidation was slowed 10²-fold. Since there is only a 20% increase in carbon length between lauric and capric acids, the difference must lie diffusion kinetics, solubility, membrane permeability, and other factors. Perhaps the short chained fatty acids would be better for breakfast, saving the stearic acid foods for the p.m. [?]

I can attest to the fact that you can burn through 3000+ Calories per day as coconut, fruit, and coffee. I think longer chains would slow the metabolism a bit, perhaps leading to a slower metabolism (which could be good depending on the circumstance).

Travis

Coffee ain't got no calories!
Only a few, but since it increases the rate of oxidation I thought I'd better mention it.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

True story. Just search for any fatty acid study which analyzes the fatty acids individually and you'll see that only stearic acid is protective against cancer: not myristic, not palmitic, and not caproic, only stearic is long enough to inhibit cell division. The same studies will no doubt show that linoleic acid is the most carcinogenic one.
What about Caprylic? I've read haiduts threads about how it's anti cancer.

And is oleic and palmitic particularly bad?

Travis

What about Caprylic? I've read haiduts threads about how it's anti cancer.

And is oleic and palmitic particularly bad?
The shorter ones cannot occupy the sn-2 position of the phospholipid, and hence will not displace arachidonic acid without prior elongation. While it's true that palmitic acid is a membrane lipid, it is found exclusively in the sn-1 position. These positions aren't interchangeable, as the enzymes which act on them have specificity which is position-dependent. Phospholipase A₂, for example, is induced by cytokines such as interferon-γ and cleaves membrane phospholipids exclusively from the sn-2 position. Since this position is enriched in arachidonic acid—in most Americans—the release of interferon-γ after immunogenic stimulation (i.e. infection, gluten pep-
tide) leads to prostaglandin formation, a product ensured by the concomitant induction of cyclooxygenase-2 by cytokines which generally accompany the interferon-γ. There is nothing wrong with myristic and palmitic acids, yet they simply aren't found consistently 'protective' nearly to the extent that stearic acid is. I think this could best be explained by its lone ability to occupy the phospholipid sn-2 position among the common saturated fatty acids (the mysterious
C∶20 lipid is rare, yet does exist.)

Last edited:

Ras

The shorter ones cannot occupy the sn-2 position of the phospholipid, and hence will not displace arachidonic acid without prior elongation. While it's true that palmitic acid is a membrane lipid, it is found exclusively in the sn-1 position. These positions aren't interchangeable, as the enzymes which act on them have specificity which is position-dependent. Phospholipase A₂, for example, is induced by cytokines such as interferon-γ and cleaves membrane phospholipids exclusively from the sn-2 position. Since this position is enriched in arachidonic acid—in most Americans—the release of interferon-γ after immunogenic stimulation (i.e. infection, gluten pep-
tide) leads to prostaglandin formation, a product ensured by the concomitant induction of cyclooxygenase-2 by cytokines which generally accompany the interferon-γ. There is nothing wrong with myristic and palmitic acids, yet they simply aren't found consistently 'protective' nearly to the extent that stearic acid is. I think this could best be explained by its lone ability to occupy the phospholipid sn-2 position among the common saturated fatty acids (the mysterious
What do you think would happen, were one to consume daily a large amount of arachidic acid at the expense of other fats?

schultz

I'd say its cortisol lowering effect is even more noticable than Pregnenolone, which used to be my go-to during panic attacks.

Ray has said: But having some of these people test their cortisol, we saw that very many of these so-called diabetics just had very high cortisol and sugar happens to be the best thing for lowering cortisol to normal.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

i cant wait for my stearic acid to arrive!

Tarmander

Dang this stuff gives crazy dreams. Only did a waffer of it around 2pm and my dreams were really vivid...I also checked the bottom of the bag and apparently my bag expired in June of last year...soo getting some newer stuff.

Travis

What do you think would happen, were one to consume daily a large amount of arachidic acid at the expense of other fats?
As far as I can tell, this has never been done. This fatty acid is so uncommon that it's never studied. The closest are probably the medium sized fruit-eating wild primates, the ones who eat durian in large amounts. As a twenty carbon fatty acid (C∶20), it's easy to see how it could occupy the sn-2 position of phospholipids and displace arachidonic acid (20∶4). But on the equator in linoleate free regions this wouldn't exist to begin with, only tending to displace Mead acid (20∶3·ω−9) and eicosa-
pentaenoic acid (20∶5)—the precursor for the 3-series prostaglandins made from α-linolenic acid. Mead acid will not even make a prostaglandin. When Mead
acid is acted-upon by cyclooxygenase: the product is just a straight-chain, leukotriene-like eicosanoid. In such equatorial durian-eating primates, I think the
word 'inflammation' would have to be redefined. Hair loss,
Candida albicans infections, and cancer would have very low incidence—perhaps being zero.

Last edited:

Vinero

Some of the effects could be due to the protein in cocoa. Peat said it is uniquely anabolic, which usually means anti-catabolic - i.e. anti-cortisol.
Anyways, glad you get good results from it so please keep us posted.
Cocoa butter doesn't contain protein.
Oil, vegetable, cocoa butter Nutrition Facts & Calories
The benefits he experiences come from the fatty acids then.
I know Cocoa contains protein, which Ray has said "have an odd anabolic action"
He also says that cocoa is high in leucine, which can lower blood sugar.

Last edited:
OP
ddjd

ddjd

Cocoa butter doesn't contain protein.
Oil, vegetable, cocoa butter Nutrition Facts & Calories
The benefits he experiences come from the fatty acids then.
I know Cocoa contains protein, which Ray has said "have an odd anabolic action"
He also says that cocoa is high in leucine, which can lower blood sugar.
yeah i was also confused about what haidut meant here. are there proteins in cacao butter? surely not...

Ras

yeah i was also confused about what haidut meant here. are there proteins in cacao butter? surely not...
He said cocoa. Cocoa comprises cocoa butter; cocoa butter constitutes cocoa. Cocoa has protein.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

He said cocoa. Cocoa comprises cocoa butter; cocoa butter constitutes cocoa. Cocoa has protein.
If you look again he's quoted and is responding to my original post which is only about cacao butter, not cacao, saying "some of the effects could be...".

Wagner83

The shorter chained ones will metabolize quicker, and don't need carnitine transport. I'd read a study where they'd given ¹⁴C radio-labeled fatty acids to people and then had measured the rate of ¹⁴CO₂ liberation from their breath. It sounds almost unbelievable, but the authors had actually said that for every two carbon elongation metabolism oxidation was slowed 10²-fold. Since there is only a 20% increase in carbon length between lauric and capric acids, the difference must lie diffusion kinetics, solubility, membrane permeability, and other factors. Perhaps the short chained fatty acids would be better for breakfast, saving the stearic acid foods for the p.m. [?]

I can attest to the fact that you can burn through 3000+ Calories per day as coconut, fruit, and coffee. I think longer chains would slow the metabolism a bit, perhaps leading to a slower metabolism (which could be good depending on the circumstance).
I have recently swtiched to coconut fat and mct oil, it helps a lot with processing carbs during the day I think (and not get food coma or crave food too quickly). However with it I'm a lot more stressed during the night, I don't sleep enough and so the next day I may feel like crap. Using butter (page 12) and some beef at night seems to help.
What do you think about the different effects on glucose oxidation between oleic acid and saturated fats?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I have recently swtiched to coconut fat and mct oil, it helps a lot with processing carbs during the day I think (and not get food coma or crave food too quickly). However with it I'm a lot more stressed during the night, I don't sleep enough and so the next day I may feel like crap. Using butter (page 12) and some beef at night seems to help.
What do you think about the different effects on glucose oxidation between oleic acid and saturated fats?
Try cacao butter before bed. Amazing. Caprylic is much better than MCT.

Wagner83

Try cacao butter before bed. Amazing. Caprylic is much better than MCT.
You mean stearic acid I guess. I use butter at night no mct. I'll try to find cocoa butter in the store, but I never felt particularly good from Lindt 70-90% chocolate. I'll see how it helps before bed and report back.

Xisca

Too much sugar? You must be new here.
This sounds depreciative, too much sugar is individual. Maybe you are too new to know that 1 member got diabetis type 1 from deciding here to turn to sugar? I am also transitioning back to my previous Peat diet, and it is not easy now. So please no insinuation but acceptance to ones own preferences!
Yeah only 4 years
Nice funny answer!
I take Cocoa butter and melt it on a stove then put it on trans dermally. @Travis states that less will covert to oleic acid if used trans dermally. I also have Cocoa powder which I put in my coffee.

I used to put even more in my coffee! cacao yes, and coconut oil or cacao butter, and an egg yolk... eventual cardamome and cinamon!

I go tlazy with cacao butter, it is so hard to cut! And you have to think about melting it, and I wonder whats the effect of multiple heating, with time... ok it is a stable fat but... I will try to find this one, as mine comes in 1 big block!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals