This experiment proves that cacao butter(stearic acid) really is reducing PUFA?

ddjd

So I came across this study, which if I understand correctly, means that the flushing effect of regular b3 niacin is dependant on arachidonic acid (PUFA). This in and of itself is pretty interesting because surely that means the intensity of your niacin flush reaction might be a good way to gauge your PUFA levels???

Anyway, it all came about because I've been experimenting again with cacao butter after returning to my popular cacao butter thread a few years ago;
And I noticed that I wasn't getting the flush reaction when taking cacao butter alongside the niacin (for the record I generally prefer niacinamide but occasionally use regular b3 for the vasodilation effect).

@haidut has written previously about studies that suggest stearic acid does definitely reduce tissue PUFA levels but this seems like further concrete proof that stearic acid/Cacao butter really is reducing PUFA!

Serge

And I noticed that I wasn't getting the flush reaction when taking cacao butter alongside the niacin (for the record I generally prefer niacinamide but occasionally use regular b3 for the vasodilation effect).
A side question, I know little about the vitamin, are niacine and niacineamide interchangeable for the lipolisis blocking effect, at least to some extent?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

A side question, I know little about the vitamin, are niacine and niacineamide interchangeable for the lipolisis blocking effect, at least to some extent?
Niacin causes a “Rebound Lipolysis” first described when studied in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia – this vitamin first tries to prevent lipolysis (for about 2 hours) and then it rebounds and leads to massive fat cell release of triglycerides and at the same time release of heavy metals from fat cells. This is the reason why its good to combine the protocol with an infrared sauna and sweating to expel the neurotoxins.

Serge

Niacin causes a “Rebound Lipolysis” first described when studied in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia – this vitamin first tries to prevent lipolysis (for about 2 hours) and then it rebounds and leads to massive fat cell release of triglycerides and at the same time release of heavy metals from fat cells. This is the reason why its good to combine the protocol with an infrared sauna and sweating to expel the neurotoxins.
Thanks! Interesting, did some reading. As a diabetic I should probably stay away from it, they say it may make insulin resistance worse.

Hidden49

Well I cut out PUFAs 3-4 weeks ago and started eating crazy amounts of Milk chocolate mainly (like 340g-510g a day) which is high in stearic acid then I also started craving massive doses of Niacin and I’m feeling completely different to before like very high T, strong thyroid. When before I was some estrogenic beta male.

Now I don’t feel cold in sub zero temperatures like before even when wearing minimal clothing when before I was cold in a big jacket.

I did try the lower fat RP approach too but I don’t get the same effects as I’m getting with my with the milk chocolate. So there’s no doubt in my mind it helps deplete PUFA. Also even when I was eating PUFA milk chocolate didn’t give me these kind of effects.

Jam

Well I cut out PUFAs 3-4 weeks ago and started eating crazy amounts of Milk chocolate mainly (like 340g-510g a day) which is high in stearic acid then I also started craving massive doses of Niacin and I’m feeling completely different to before like very high T, strong thyroid. When before I was some estrogenic beta male.

Now I don’t feel cold in sub zero temperatures like before even when wearing minimal clothing when before I was cold in a big jacket.

I did try the lower fat RP approach too but I don’t get the same effects as I’m getting with my with the milk chocolate. So there’s no doubt in my mind it helps deplete PUFA. Also even when I was eating PUFA milk chocolate didn’t give me these kind of effects.
What exactly does "eating PUFA" mean? How much omega-3/6 were you eating previously?

Hidden49

What exactly does "eating PUFA" mean? How much omega-3/6 were you eating previously?
Sorry my bad, I meant when I was eating high PUFA. In October last year I started eating 1-2 jars of organic smooth almond butter a day (until end of Dec) and one jar is 170 grams. Very occasionally would have 3 jars when I really overdid it. There’s 13 grams of PUFA per 100g of almond butter. I thought the vitamin E and high MUFA content of almonds would make it ok but I wasn’t aware how bad PUFAs were back then. Almond butter is nearly all omega 6. I also didn’t know that when someone is eating a mix of all the types of fats the PUFA just get stored in the liver.

Then sometimes I was also eating stuff like Oats, chicken, beans etc . EG pufa overdose.

Then maybe a year or two ago I had periods where I ate 1-2 170g packets of tortilla chips with sunflower oil a day.

*Edited typos

CSH

Forum Supporter

What brand(s) of chocolate do you consume. The latest findings in many is high loads of cadmium 🫣

Hidden49

What brand(s) of chocolate do you consume. The latest findings in many is high loads of cadmium 🫣
I consume Tony’s milk chocolate, I always consume milk chocolate, dark chocolate is much higher in heavy metals eg aluminium, lead cadmium and copper, every time I’ve tried dark chocolate it’s given me autistic symptoms and bad neurotransmitter symptoms as I’m quite sensitive to foods. It’s also higher in fiber which means more gets into enterohepatic circulation which is bad when it’s high copper.

Milk chocolate is much lower in copper, heavy metals and fiber, fast digesting and also has more calcium. While dark chocolate is always said to be healthier I disagree. You need to try different brands for milk chocolate, some I do well with some i react badly to, some are also rancid/oxidised I can tell this from the smell, taste and increased pulse if it’s rancid.

The Tony’s milk chocolate I eat also has soya lecithin but surprisingly I feel no estrogenic effect from it only androgenic, so probably the lecithin helps in some way by increasing lipid absorption of the saturated fat.

CSH

Forum Supporter
I consume Tony’s milk chocolate, I always consume milk chocolate, dark chocolate is much higher in heavy metals eg aluminium, lead cadmium and copper, every time I’ve tried dark chocolate it’s given me autistic symptoms and bad neurotransmitter symptoms as I’m quite sensitive to foods. It’s also higher in fiber which means more gets into enterohepatic circulation which is bad when it’s high copper.

Milk chocolate is much lower in copper, heavy metals and fiber, fast digesting and also has more calcium. While dark chocolate is always said to be healthier I disagree. You need to try different brands for milk chocolate, some I do well with some i react badly to, some are also rancid/oxidised I can tell this from the smell, taste and increased pulse if it’s rancid.

The Tony’s milk chocolate I eat also has soya lecithin but surprisingly I feel no estrogenic effect from it only androgenic, so probably the lecithin helps in some way by increasing lipid absorption of the saturated fat.

A.R

This is amazing. Are there any other changes you made in terms of any supplements you have been taking?

Hidden49

This is amazing. Are there any other changes you made in terms of any supplements you have been taking?
I haven’t really made any changes but the most important supplements for me are probably Niacinamide non flush (some days I need 2000-3000mg), low dose methylene blue, magnesium malate, Pectasol, low dose Vit E, selenium

Then sometimes I will use phosphatidyl choline, thiamine hcl, b2, Sam E, zinc, EGCG low dose, coq10, glycine, Epsom salt cream, methyl and adeno b12, methyl folate or Folinic acid, tmg, yasko all in one multi vit and coffee enemas sometimes.

I am planning to get mitolipin to replace my PC as the version I have right now is the Thorne PUFA one.

Jamsey

So I came across this study, which if I understand correctly, means that the flushing effect of regular b3 niacin is dependant on arachidonic acid (PUFA). This in and of itself is pretty interesting because surely that means the intensity of your niacin flush reaction might be a good way to gauge your PUFA levels???

Anyway, it all came about because I've been experimenting again with cacao butter after returning to my popular cacao butter thread a few years ago;

@haidut has written previously about studies that suggest stearic acid does definitely reduce tissue PUFA levels but this seems like further concrete proof that stearic acid/Cacao butter really is reducing PUFA!
Saturated fat also inhibits lipolysis. If pufa was truly depleted, it seems likely that the flush wouldn’t happen with or without cacao butter at the same time.

Vinero

Have you tried white chocolate? I find it very easy to digest, it has no fiber. Milk chocolate contains enough fiber and oxalates that it gives me some digestive upset and irritability.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals