1. Spring Sale 10% Off @ LifeGivingStore.com Till June 10th With Coupon Code: SPRING2020
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. LifeGivingStore.com New Products List:
    Natural Dessicated Thyroid

Magnesium Hydroxide

Dismiss Notice

Cocoa Butter - Organic & Fair Trade Certified

Discussion in 'Life Giving Store' started by LifeGivingStore, Feb 28, 2018.

1. lollipop

lollipop Guest

Sure @Blossom!

SUPER easy ❤️ I used @LifeGivingStore’s products.

Ingredients:

* ~50 grams of the cocoa butter (it is in chunks. I measured it and honestly it was like 52 gm because of the chunks.

* 60 grams of cocoa powder

* ~50-60 grams of maple syrup (I had infused it with a Tahitian vanilla bean for two months - but you could use vanilla extract in place of this)

* ~large pinch of Icelandic Sea Salt

Method:

1) melt cocoa butter in glass Pyrex sitting over a small sauce pan with water at medium low heat - it boiled.

2) Once cocoa butter has melted remove bowl from pan and heat, add in cocoa powder, Sea salt and maple syrup (and vanilla extract if using that).

3) Stir and mix using whisk for a few minutes until mixed and shiny - pour into silicone molds and let cool and harden.

I sped it up by putting in fridge. Should have been for 5 min and I forgot it and took out 30 min later. I noticed it was dull not shiny any more. But still yummmmy!

2. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

Thank you so much Lisa!

3. OP
    LifeGivingStore

LifeGivingStore Member

Lisa, thank you for posting pictures and recipe! :) I bet it is delicious!

4. Ktbridge

Ktbridge Member

Thx for recepies for chocolate

5. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

IMG_0707.JPG Made these today based on @lisaferraro's recipe. I had to use honey because my maple syrup was expired but they still turned out great!

6. Ulysses

Ulysses Member

LOL

7. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

:hearteyes:

lol his belly is so big that it's almost NSFW

8. lollipop

lollipop Guest

WoW!! Look soooooo yummy. I LOVE your molds ❤️

How does the honey taste? I might try with the honey.

I also recently changed the recipe for larger quantities:

100gm cocoa butter
    100gm cocoa powder
    1/2 cup maple syrup
    pinch of sea salt

Found it easier to melt cocoa butter and add in maple syrup and using whisk stir thoroughly off heat AND then add in sea salt and cocoa powder. Seemed to mix easier.

Also thought the chocolate looks shinier.

F69CC0C3-7D2C-4BD9-B2DD-7DB8C4D39E2B.jpeg

9. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

I think it tastes better than any store bought chocolate I've ever tasted!
    I would like to try the recipe with maple syrup for comparison though. Also like you, I think I'll make a larger batch next time because my family already ate almost all of what I made today! It was such a hit that I only have one piece left. :arghh:
    My candy molds came from Bed Bath and Beyond.
    Thanks again Lisa for posting your recipe!!!

10. lollipop

lollipop Guest

LoLoL! Fantastic ❤️

11. Mossy

Mossy Member

This may sound like a question where the answer should be obvious, but I thought I'd ask: is a 50:50 mix of cocoa butter:cocoa powder 100% dark chocolate?

12. Mossy

Mossy Member

P.S. Maybe I should clarify my question. What I'm attempting to find out is, is the cocoa butter needed to make it chocolate, or is the powder technically 100% chocolate, and adding the butter is lessening the potency/percentage?

Hope this helped to clarify and not confuse (prove my stupidity :bucktooth:).

13. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

I don't know the exact percentage but wondered the same thing myself! I haven't had time to research it but I assumed the more sweetener added the lower the percentage would be. I added 3 tbsp honey and mine tasted similar to a 90% dark chocolate bar from the store. I'm going to make it a bit sweeter next time.

14. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

If you do an internet search on "How to make dark chocolate" you will get a ton of recipes. I did a quick scan and it looks like some use a 50/50 ratio, others 60/40 powder to butter. But you are pretty spot on.

15. Mossy

Mossy Member

Ok, I feel a little better, then. ;) Yeah, my thought as well--the less sugar, the more pure, I just wasn't sure about the ratio. But, looks like Charlie confirmed a 50/50 ratio could be considered 100%.

Thanks, charlie.:chaplin I appreciate you doing the search--not that I didn't want to, but I like to pick the minds of those on this forum, they usually have the best answers.

16. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

@Mossy, I made mine with 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 1/2 cup melted cocoa butter plus 3 tbsp honey and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. I don't have a scale to measure in grams but it turned out great.

17. Mossy

Mossy Member

Awesome--thanks, Blossom! And, as you say, that is probably about 90%. The vanilla is a good idea, as I see that is in most ingredients lists. I find myself out of dark chocolate quite a bit, but now I have the ingredients, and recipe, to make my own.

18. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

:hattip

19. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

I just made my third batch. This time I used 1/2 cup cocoa butter, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 c maple syrup and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
    The maple syrup as recommended by @lisaferraro is better than honey in this recipe.

20. lollipop

lollipop Guest

Yummmmy! You inspired me :): I might make a batch today.

I decided to take a break from coffee. I have been making hot chocolate using this cocoa powder, cane sugar, vanilla extract and 1% milk in the mornings. I make one cup and my husband and I share it as it is super rich. It is amazing how easy it is to make! I am sure your family would love it @Blossom ❤️

Here is the recipe:

2 tbls cocoa powder - @LifeGivingStore one (one side comment - seriously the BEST quality and tasting cocoa powder I have ever tasted)

2 tbls cane sugar - can use only 1 tbl if preferred.

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup 1%milk

Put everything in a saucepan on med-low and stir regularly until mixed and hot! Pour and serve - yummmmy.