Best Way To Eliminate Coated Tongue?

Gone Peating

Have had coated tongue with some nasty breath the past few days. Anyone have any success stories for getting rid of this?

Kartoffel

Have had coated tongue with some nasty breath the past few days. Anyone have any success stories for getting rid of this?

I get that when I eat too much starch like rice and potatoes, or milk that hasn't been subjected to UHT. Curiously my tongue is often completly free of any coating and perfectly red after eating a large amount of wheat.

Simba1992

Oil pulling every morning and scraping the tounge with an Auyerveda iron. Very effective I use olive and coconut oil. Swash around in mouth after washing teeth for 20min.

olive

Mine disappeared once I stopped dairy. Whether the cause was diary or the fix was more fruit (what I replaced most of the dairy calories with) I’m not sure.

Literally

>> why does oil kill bacteria?

I don't know the why, but am certain I have read that basically all oils have antimicrobial properties, and some -- like castor oil -- are particularly known for it.

Dobbler

Coated tongue can reflect your gut or liver health.

If you want to try oil pulling then i think MCT oil or Caprylic acid (C8) are best for it, because these oils are 100% saturated making them extremely safe, and also the most antibacterial oils available by far. Coconut oil is perfect option aswell. I don't recommend ever using PUFAs or even MUFAs, because these can easily absorb through mouth, and if you use full tablespoon, that can be 20g which is alot.

Constatine

As dobbler said a coated tongue is a sign of poor digestion. Getting rid of a coated tongue by using antimicrobials will improve the gut microbiome to a degree but it by itself probably won't fix your digestion. Taking measures to ensure frequent bowel movements is a good method to improve the microbiome.

Broken man

I think MCT oil, apple cider vinegar (acetic acid) , artemisinin, colostrum, pineapple (bromelain), l threonine, lactobacillus strains all could help.

OP
G

Gone Peating

As dobbler said a coated tongue is a sign of poor digestion. Getting rid of a coated tongue by using antimicrobials will improve the gut microbiome to a degree but it by itself probably won't fix your digestion. Taking measures to ensure frequent bowel movements is a good method to improve the microbiome.

I go about 2 or 3 times a day so I think my digestion is solid

I think my problem may be what Olive referred to about dairy. I cut out cheese and it seems to be going away slowly, still drinking milk tho

Anyway I'm about to try the Orthodox Christian fasting schedule of two days a week Wednesday and Friday refraining from any meat or dairy and will update on the results

D

danishispsychic

How would one use the borax i got mules borax is it safe
i take Natures Made Boron caps, dump one cap in my am coffee. There are lot of you tube videos on using Borax in water. I would start slow....

gaze

a single mini carrot will take care of it if you chew it thoroughly. I eat eat one before i go out with friends. Its bacteria, and the antibiotic properties of the carrot will make your tongue pink.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals