Alcohol, White Tongue and Swollen Upper Eyelids

Kris

I drink alcohol occasionally, and I have these symptoms. White tongue is an example. I scrap my tongue every day, but that white colour is not just a residue on the top, it is deeper. It usually takes a few days of not touching alcohol to disappear so the tongue get its pink healthy colour. I wonder if this relates to liver? Same with the swollen eyelids. Can anyone explain to me the physiological reasons for the occurrence of these things? I am in planning to stop drinking, but I am still interested why this happens.

I drink alcohol occasionally, and I have these symptoms. White tongue is an example. I scrap my tongue every day, but that white colour is not just a residue on the top, it is deeper. It usually takes a few days of not touching alcohol to disappear so the tongue get its pink healthy colour. I wonder if this relates to liver? Same with the swollen eyelids. Can anyone explain to me the physiological reasons for the occurrence of these things? I am in planning to stop drinking, but I am still interested why this happens.

Sounds like you have a yeast build up to me, and drinking wine or beer would be the worst for it. The eyelids can be a histamine issue, as alcohols can raise histamines too.

OP
K

Kris

Sounds like you have a yeast build up to me, and drinking wine or beer would be the worst for it. The eyelids can be a histamine issue, as alcohols can raise histamines too.
This is possible, but would get it even when drinking Vodka. What are the best antihistamine supplements? I take recently L-Theanine.

This is possible, but would get it even when drinking Vodka. What are the best antihistamine supplements? I take recently L-Theanine.

Sugar, salt and caffeine are good antihistamines that RP recommends. When I was dealing with histamine issues I used nettle strategically, to have drinks or to go to a restaurant. Use Coke as a mixer, it is an excellent antihistamine. I would have a martini and a coke on the side.

"Nettle leaf is a natural antihistamine that naturally blocks histamine production. It can be made in to a tincture or tea, but for allergy relief, capsules made from dried nettle leaves are the most effective option."

OP
K

Kris

Sugar, salt and caffeine are good antihistamines that RP recommends. When I was dealing with histamine issues I used nettle strategically, to have drinks or to go to a restaurant. Use Coke as a mixer, it is an excellent antihistamine. I would have a martini and a coke on the side.

"Nettle leaf is a natural antihistamine that naturally blocks histamine production. It can be made in to a tincture or tea, but for allergy relief, capsules made from dried nettle leaves are the most effective option."

thank you. i just ordered some nettle leaf powder. let's see if this helps. in the forum of powder, how much dosage would you suggest for a big man?

Last edited:
thank you. i just ordered some nettle leaf powder. let's see if this helps. in the forum of powder, how much dosage would you suggest for a big man?

My bottle of nettle lead powder says two twice a day and that is what I did.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals