White Tongue

I am 20 and I am trying for more than 2 years to get rid off my white tongue.

Any success stories? My whole tongue is white, especially the back.

Thanks in advance.

Tenacity

Perhaps a stupid question, but are you brushing your tongue? I know lots of people who don't.

Orion

Sulphur and tongue brushing hasn't done it for me. I haven't tried the -cyclines yet, that is next on the list.

Baking soda combined with canning salt as a tongue brushing paste works for the day, but comes back in 24hrs for me.

Stilgar

For me, keeping blood sugar high. I noticed the white tongue receding whenever I increased fruit calories, as well as some protein and fat in each meal, paying attention to meal frequency and triggers of low blood sugar. Lowering liquids and increasing solid food calories helped. I couldn't stabilise my blood sugar on milk because my calories were always too low. Supplements increased the white tongue generally, probably because of my blood sugar.

yerrag

Yes, as I understand it your question is not about mechanical ways of removing the white 'plaque' on your tongue, but more about how to make the white tongue disappear all by itself through a change in your lifestyle,

I'll check around. I know some TCM doctors would examine people's tongues and seeing white tongue is an indication of some deficiency or some imbalance. I'll ask around as I forgot the exact nature of it. I used to have white tongue for a long time, and didn't know it was gone until my sister checked it. But I couldn't say what I did that got rid of it, as I've made wholesale changes in my lifestyle, centered on what I eat, that I couldn't point out one specific regimen.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Yes, as I understand it your question is not about mechanical ways of removing the white 'plaque' on your tongue, but more about how to make the white tongue disappear all by itself through a change in your lifestyle,

I'll check around. I know some TCM doctors would examine people's tongues and seeing white tongue is an indication of some deficiency or some imbalance. I'll ask around as I forgot the exact nature of it. I used to have white tongue for a long time, and didn't know it was gone until my sister checked it. But I couldn't say what I did that got rid of it, as I've made wholesale changes in my lifestyle, centered on what I eat, that I couldn't point out one specific regimen.

Yeah I would consider my life style as good. But that is relative to everyone nowadays, you know?

yerrag

Yeah I would consider my life style as good. But that is relative to everyone nowadays, you know?
Yes, it is a relative thing. Before I knew about Ray Peat, I considered my lifestyle as good. Now, I realize it was so bad. Imagine all those PUFAs (previously I had called them "essential") I was gobbling down, and I was calling myself "healthy?"

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Yes, it is a relative thing. Before I knew about Ray Peat, I considered my lifestyle as good. Now, I realize it was so bad. Imagine all those PUFAs (previously I had called them "essential") I was gobbling down, and I was calling myself "healthy?"

Yeah I am definitely following a low PUFA diet and taking nutrients that are protective against it (for example Vitamin E).

beta pandemic

if you have been dealing with it for 2 years its most definitely sign of yeast infection. especially if you have raised white patches on the sides. white tounge was the first major sign for me but i had no idea what it was at the time.

caffeine
aspirin
niacinamide
vitamin A
zinc
raw onion juice

you may also ask your doctor about nystatin,fluconazole and other antifungal drugs.

InChristAlone

My white tongue clears in the 2nd half of my cycle while on progesterone. It comes back immediately upon menses. So I think estrogen can be a cause of harboring yeast/bacteria.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals