What Hormones/vitamines To Test?

GermanIsildur

Hey, i plan on doing a bloodtest in a few days and i want to know what i should include in the test. Is there like a general list of things peat recommends? Or is it more depending on my problems?

My mainproblem is low energy(especially the first half of the day), hairloss, anxiety issues and a candida infection that doesnt seem to go away even tho i tried everything(tested positive for candida albican after doc took a swipe from my white coated tongue and that hasnt changed ever since). Everytime i tested before cortisol was too high and estrogen abit too high, rest always was fine, figured i ll mention that.

About myself, im 25, sleeping during day, working at night, eating fairly healthy and going to the gym regularly, no problems with overweight at all, actually having problems gaining weight, but am in pretty good shape physically.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Here is part of a response from forum member Mittir about labs.

RP recommends measuring temperature and pulse 1 hour
after breakfast and other time of the day to get an idea about
over all thyroid status.

These are the tests RP recommends for metabolism, thyroid and health.

"Blood tests for cholesterol, albumin, glucose, sodium, lactate, total thyroxine and total T3 are useful to know, because they help to evaluate the present thyroid status, and sometimes they can suggest ways to correct the problem.

Less common blood or urine tests (adrenaline, cortisol, ammonium, free fatty acids), if they are available, can help to understand compensatory reactions to hypothyroidism"- Ray Peat

In other places he also mentioned CRP, estrogen ( estradiol) , SHBG,progesterone, pregnenolone, prolactin, total serotonin, reverse T3, co2, vitamin D3, PTH, calcium, Phosphate, DHEA, DHT. He recommends total T3 and T4, not free T3 , T4 tests.

ETA: Iron saturation index, Ferritin, Hemoglobin. Iron storage test is very
important as iron storage increases with age, especially in male.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals