Adrenal Insufficeny? Is There Any Validity To The Pupil Test?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

I went low carb for about 8 months and rocked my adrenals/thyroid. I had a similar crash to the one @haidut described in Danny Roddy podcasts. With the freighting neurological symptoms and everything. I was on the couch for over a week. Had the same sinus issues as haidut also.

Now I have been on Ray peat diet for over a month and am feeling better. However my sleep schedule is being greatly disrupted. I am only able to fall asleep at 2-3 am and wake feeling not too good. I am than in a huge sludge the first half of the day, where caffeine provides lil-no relief. I wonder if my cortisol is starting to turn back on, after being fatigued for months prior to peat.

Excersise Knocks me out for for 3 days minimum. And I am only 21.
1) I have Light MPB, small horseshoe shape. My dad has it much worse.

2)After my low carb crash, I did see my doctor and got my thyroid checked because my brain fog/neurological symptoms were horrific. Everything was within range, I can provide the test, just need to find them.

3) 8 months before the crash I got my Basic blood panel. Had slightly high LDL, slightly Low HDL, High cholesterol. Which is why I went low carb.

4) I have Pretty bad tongue Thrush and dark circles under the eyes

It's just sad, considering at age 17-18 I could workout for hours during football, sleep a few hours and do it all over again, such rapid deterioration at this age. I am still in great shape with muscle and lowish BF. Just feel like crap and falling behind in studies/exercise/internships..etc.

I am taking pregnenolone
I also use nicotine quit habitually, which I am sure has an effect.

If anyone could provide any advice or help it would be greatly appreciated.

I believe I suffer from Low cortisol/Aldestrone deficeny.

Has anyone heard of the pupil mirror test. Where you shine a light on the pupil in a dark bathroom and if the pupil flucuates or fails to constrict you suffer from aldesterone deficeny( to much potassium, not enough salt). I have been doing this test over the last few months and continue to fail it. Is this test valid?

Thanks for any help,

Last edited by a moderator:

sele

Could be something your taking late in the day (food,supplement,hormone) that's disrupting your sleep and that is making you tired the next day.
Low cortisol usually means low thyroid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals