White tongue caused by histamine?

natedawggh

So I've had the dreaded white tongue forever. To be clear, it is not thrush, as thrush is an actual infection if mouth tissues by candida. This is just a particularly thick coating of bacteria or fungi that I have to brush off every morning. Not fun.

That is until I got the flu last month and started taking Mucinex cough syrup, which has a potent antihistamine in it. I was SHOCKED to find my tongue absolutely clear about two or three days in. As my flu lasted for two and a half weeks, I took the cough syrup every night and continually woke up with an entirely clear tongue. After I got well last week I switched to Benedryl, and it stayed mostly clear until I didn't take it last night, and by this evening there was a growing coat of the white stuff on the back of my tongue. That, and my insomnia has returned.

Does anyone know of any histamine correlation here? It's suspicious especially since the stuff in cough syrup is a stronger antihistamine. I know Peat says that histamine suppresses the immune system and that would be enough to convince me, but I know Peating hasn't yet fixed my histamine reactions, though I'm trying to eat for that. And yes, I do the carrot.

Ben

If anti-histamines improve symptoms that much, then you definitely have a problem with histamine in particular. People with high histamine and basophils very often have poor immunity and a history of headaches and stomach aches. Mental illnesses are sometimes caused by high histamine, and they are they are treated by methyl donors because methyl groups attach themselves to histamine and it's excreted. However, I wouldn't recommend methyl donors because they imprint genes, and restricting them increases life span.

The protocols of RP, which include increasing the metabolic rate, generally increase CO2. CO2 reduces both serotonin and histamine, and DNA methylation. So continuing in that direction will definitely cease symptoms over time.

I encourage you take an anti-histamine as well. See, correcting the histamine problem helps people even if it's accomplished with methyl groups. You should try cyproheptadine, sold as periaction. It can be bought from a Mexican pharmacy website without a prescription.

honeybee

Inadequate digestion can cause a white tongue also.

tomisonbottom

Ben said:
If anti-histamines improve symptoms that much, then you definitely have a problem with histamine in particular. People with high histamine and basophils very often have poor immunity and a history of headaches and stomach aches. Mental illnesses are sometimes caused by high histamine, and they are they are treated by methyl donors because methyl groups attach themselves to histamine and it's excreted. However, I wouldn't recommend methyl donors because they imprint genes, and restricting them increases life span.

The protocols of RP, which include increasing the metabolic rate, generally increase CO2. CO2 reduces both serotonin and histamine, and DNA methylation. So continuing in that direction will definitely cease symptoms over time.

I encourage you take an anti-histamine as well. See, correcting the histamine problem helps people even if it's accomplished with methyl groups. You should try cyproheptadine, sold as periaction. It can be bought from a Mexican pharmacy website without a prescription.

I have a white tongue too......how do you know if it's caused by histamine? Is Cyproheptadine safe to take to see if it helps? I know I had histamine reactions as a child. I wasn't able to drink milk when I was young because of it.

Mittir

tomisonbottom said:
I have a white tongue too......how do you know if it's caused by histamine? Is Cyproheptadine safe to take to see if it helps? I know I had histamine reactions as a child. I wasn't able to drink milk when I was young because of it.
I think there is a misunderstanding here about mucinex being antihistamine.
I did a google search and it seems like Guaifenesin (Mucinex) does not act as
antihistamine. I know that Mucinex DX has Dextromethorphan in it and according
to wikipedia it causes histamine release. I know someone who was having
itchy skin and could not figure out what was causing the problem as he
takes tons of medicine. It took me few days to
figure out that Dextromethrophan was causing the problem and he was fine after stopping
that med. Some products add anti-histamine with Guaifensen. Unless there was
antihistamine in that Mucinex then it is difficult to connect white tongue with
histamine. Mucinex probably does something else to make that happen.
My experience is that white tongue is totally connected to starch and hard to digest foods.
I think It is worth trying Cyproheptadine even if you do not have histamine issue.
I am getting major benefits from using half a mg of Cyproheptadine daily.
It lowers serotonin,which is a major trigger for other of stress hormones.

While googling for Histamine and Guaifensen i have founds this article on
Guaifensen's and Fibromyalga. It is probably a good read.
http://web.mit.edu/london/www/guai.html

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Mittir said:
tomisonbottom said:
antihistamine.

No misunderstanding, that's why it was stated above as Mucinex with an antihistamine, Mucinex by itself is only an expectorant.

Mittir

@natedawggh

I misunderstood that part. Excess histamine can cause Diarrhea, antihistamine should
have a role in our digestion. I am wondering if all type of histamine help with white
tongue or if there is something special in Benadryl and the antihisamine in Mucinex.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

@Mittir

After reading that article you posted I realized it wasn't the antihistamine (I've been taking them off and on since February' and still had the white tongue), but it WAS the guaifenesin. I went and got plain Mucinex, without other medications in it (cough suppressant sounds bad for health), and by this evening the entire white coating came off my tongue. As well, I feel the relaxation effects and my sinuses, ear, and throat stuffiness/blockage has all cleared up. Reading that article, I wouldn't be surprised if guaifenesin somehow dissolved biofilm, allowing the breakup of the bacterial colonies that cause chronic infection. It sounds too like to works through a lot f peat approved channels, such as increasing glycine. My temp is also currently running at 98.9 at 12:00 am, which has been impossible to achieve previously (usually at 98 or high 97 this time of night).

Do you know any more about guaifenesin? It's something Ray has never mentioned that I know of. One thing that concerns me is that the metabolite of it is a lactic acid. Should that be of concern even though it's excreted?

Mittir

@natedawggh

I never heard RP mentioning Guaifenesin in any of his articles or interviews.
I did not read the whole article i posted about Fibromyalgia, just had a quick
glance. Another interesting point mentioned there is that main mechanism of
Guaifenesin in treating Fibromyalgia is by removing phosphate and calcium
from the cells. Which totally goes with RP's view that calcium inside cell
causing the aging and all sorts of health issues. RP also mentioned in
an interview that it is not the uric acid crystal that causes joint pain
but the phosphate crystals. I think it is worth asking RP about this.
We will need definitive studies that shows that Guaifenesin removes
phosphate and calcium from cells.

tomisonbottom

Mittir said:
tomisonbottom said:
antihistamine. I know that Mucinex DX has Dextromethorphan in it and according
to wikipedia it causes histamine release. I know someone who was having
itchy skin and could not figure out what was causing the problem as he
takes tons of medicine. It took me few days to
figure out that Dextromethrophan was causing the problem and he was fine after stopping
that med. Some products add anti-histamine with Guaifensen. Unless there was
antihistamine in that Mucinex then it is difficult to connect white tongue with
histamine. Mucinex probably does something else to make that happen.
My experience is that white tongue is totally connected to starch and hard to digest foods.
I think It is worth trying Cyproheptadine even if you do not have histamine issue.

I am getting major benefits from using half a mg of Cyproheptadine daily.
It lowers serotonin,which is a major trigger for other of stress hormones.

While googling for Histamine and Guaifensen i have founds this article on
Guaifensen's and Fibromyalga. It is probably a good read.
http://web.mit.edu/london/www/guai.html

Where do you get your cyproheptadine from?

Mittir

@tomisonbottom

I get it from my pharmacy. I believe there are others here who buy it on line and
in some countries it is sold over the counter. You probably have to convince your
doctor to prescribe it for allergy or you can try on line pharmacies.
I hope someone else can share a reliable on line source.

khan

Mittir said:
@natedawggh

RP also mentioned in

In which he mentioned about joint pain due to phosphate crystals. I am having gout and searching for the answer that whether its due to uric acid. Last whole year I was taking niacinamide and aspirin, which are know to increase uric acid but haven't got any gout attach. I left niacinamide and aspirin due to elevated liver enzymes.

tara

khan said:
Mittir said:
@natedawggh

RP also mentioned in

In which he mentioned about joint pain due to phosphate crystals. I am having gout and searching for the answer that whether its due to uric acid. Last whole year I was taking niacinamide and aspirin, which are know to increase uric acid but haven't got any gout attach. I left niacinamide and aspirin due to elevated liver enzymes.

If you were using aspirin regulrly, were you also taking vit-K2? Apparently it helps counteract aspirin downsides, and helps liver.

In this interviw Peat mentions gout in relation to endotoxin:
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=5151&p=60394&hilit=gout#p60394

khan

tara said:
khan said:
Mittir said:
@natedawggh

RP also mentioned in

If you were using aspirin regulrly, were you also taking vit-K2? Apparently it helps counteract aspirin downsides, and helps liver.

In this interviw Peat mentions gout in relation to endotoxin:
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=5151&p=60394&hilit=gout#p60394

Thanks for the reply. Yes I was taking vitamin k2( mk4) about 800 mcg everyday. In medical books, aspirin increases the incidence of gout. Whats your take on this issue

tara

khan said:
Thanks for the reply. Yes I was taking vitamin k2( mk4) about 800 mcg everyday. In medical books, aspirin increases the incidence of gout. Whats your take on this issue?
Sorry, I haven't got my head around gout yet. I do remember hearing or reading something more from Peat on it a while back, but can't remember details or source now. I just have the impression that there is more to it than just uric acid being the problem and lowering uric acid being the solution. Do uric acid or phosphate chrystals precipitate out differently depending on general intercellular pH? Do cold feet get it worse than warm ones? What is your body temperature like? Peat has said that cold feet can produce some unhelpful chemicals. It's worth doing whatever you can to keep them really warm, until you can get your metabolism and body temp up enough to maintain them warm.
That link I posted says that endotoxin worsens gout. So measures to keep bowels moving could improve that.
Good luck, I've heard that gout can be vicious, so I hope you can keep it at bay.

khan

tara said:
khan said:
Thanks for the reply. Yes I was taking vitamin k2( mk4) about 800 mcg everyday. In medical books, aspirin increases the incidence of gout. Whats your take on this issue?
Sorry, I haven't got my head around gout yet. I do remember hearing or reading something more from Peat on it a while back, but can't remember details or source now. I just have the impression that there is more to it than just uric acid being the problem and lowering uric acid being the solution. Do uric acid or phosphate chrystals precipitate out differently depending on general intercellular pH? Do cold feet get it worse than warm ones? What is your body temperature like? Peat has said that cold feet can produce some unhelpful chemicals. It's worth doing whatever you can to keep them really warm, until you can get your metabolism and body temp up enough to maintain them warm.
That link I posted says that endotoxin worsens gout. So measures to keep bowels moving could improve that.
Good luck, I've heard that gout can be vicious, so I hope you can keep it at bay.

I started to take vitamin B1 300 mg , a bit of ceylon cinnamon occasionally and my gout is gone completely. I think lactic acid is some how related?

Parsifal

In my experience white tongue is associated with excessive mucus secretion in other parts of the body (eyes, ears, nose...). May be due to gut irritation (starches, too much serotonin/inflammation, endotoxins) so anti-histaminic may not be useful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals