Getting rid of thick tongue plaque

Hey guys. Before I was 18 I never had tongue plaque build up, but some time after that I started to develop it when my health started to decline rapidly. I'm 23 now and still haven't got rid of it. It seems to come from the very back of my throat at a point that I can't brush, and i sometimes brush far back enough that I gag. If I brush frequently with baking soda I can keep it under control, but I really wish I could just get rid of it for good. The worst offenders are acid and sugar. The combination of sugar and acidity creates a really nasty thick plaque that covers my entire tongue and it takes on the color of what ever I ate and will stay that way for hours. This is one of the main reasons I can't get myself to drink coffee very often. After only a couple cups of sweetened coffee my teeth and tongue become heavily plaqued and it drives me crazy. I've never seen anyone in person that has had a layer on their tongue like I frequently get. I once tried rubbing flowers of sulfur on my tongue but it didn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

answersfound

Vitamin A with Vitamin E is what worked for me.

Ben

Try activated charcoal. Baking soda just reduces acidity, but AC can absorb the junk back there.

What you should focus on, however, is eliminating the cause. Your health started getting worse around the time you developed that probably because you started getting bacterial overgrowth in your small intestine around that time. Try "the carrot" (grated carrot with coconut oil, salt, and vinegar), a natural antibiotic. and report back after a week with results.

answersfound

InterrogaOmnia said:
lookingforanswers said:

What sort of dosages did you use?

25000 IU A
400 IU E

I would also take 5000 IU of D and some vitamin K with these to balance them out, prevent toxicity.

OP
InterrogaOmnia
lookingforanswers said:
InterrogaOmnia said:
lookingforanswers said:

25000 IU A
400 IU E

I would also take 5000 IU of D and some vitamin K with these to balance them out, prevent toxicity.

I also have acne and dandruff. I wonder if the A would help. I've never tried supplementing it in a large dose.

4peatssake

You could also try pau d'arco.
I started drinking a decoction and it cleared my tongue.
Charlie started around the same time with a tincture and his tonque cleared up as well.

answersfound

InterrogaOmnia said:
lookingforanswers said:
InterrogaOmnia said:
lookingforanswers said:

25000 IU A
400 IU E

I also have acne and dandruff. I wonder if the A would help. I've never tried supplementing it in a large dose.

My dandruff vanished when i started vitamin A. I would go to the barber and it was pretty embarrassing. Now it is nonexistent. if you drink a lot of milk, you definitely need the vit. A

Dayman

I have had a white tongue get better after a course of augmentin and using chlorhexidine mouth wash. But I don't want to use the chlorhexidine too much because it stains teeth, which then has to be scraped off.

Other antibiotic might work, or it could of just been the chlorhexidine.

ilovethesea

I think coated tongue is connected to endotoxin. For me I noticed I would get it whenever I was having food sensitivities (allergies). Now that I eliminated starch and other problem foods, tongue is pink. Activated charcoal helped a bit but it was more important to eliminate the source from the beginning.

aniciete

I still don’t understand why but when I eat sugar coming from fruit, honey, or cane sugar I develop a white tongue with lots of plaque all over my teeth. If I replace those carbs with potatoes, my teeth stay super smooth and my tongue will stay clear even with lots of milk.

LadyRae

Coated tongue is a poor digestion/overburdened liver issue. One has to experiment with different food choices, it's a systemic issue. Everyone will react differently, it's frustrating.

Common offenders are dairy, too much sugar and alcohol, and grains.

akgrrrl

Seriously, nobody on this thread uses a tongue scraper? I get offered a free one every 6 months at a dental check up. Been using one for 40years, see them in health food stores for decades. What the.

aniciete

Seriously, nobody on this thread uses a tongue scraper? I get offered a free one every 6 months at a dental check up. Been using one for 40years, see them in health food stores for decades. What the.
It helps but doesn’t fix the root cause

akgrrrl

Brushing your teeth helps too but doesnt stop plaque from forming and you will not stop brushing...
If ppl were discerning about WHICH milk, WHICH "oj", WHICH meat we might not have this thread.
Really, you think milk mass produced by tortured cows that barely live 4yrs that never see grass instead of 25 yrs, innoculated with antibiotics because confined to a 3ft stall standing in a lifetime of piss and poop where the product is homogenized, pasteurized with thickeners and whiteners is anywhere near the organic, grassfed no hormones cowmilk in most major stores?

aniciete

Brushing your teeth helps too but doesnt stop plaque from forming and you will not stop brushing...
If ppl were discerning about WHICH milk, WHICH "oj", WHICH meat we might not have this thread.
Really, you think milk mass produced by tortured cows that barely live 4yrs that never see grass instead of 25 yrs, innoculated with antibiotics because confined to a 3ft stall standing in a lifetime of piss and poop where the product is homogenized, pasteurized with thickeners and whiteners is anywhere near the organic, grassfed no hormones cowmilk in most major stores?
Speak for yourself

LadyRae

A

And yet clearly I was not addressing you specifically.
Yeah I agree. I'm one of "those people" that avoids dairy like the plague. When I first quit eating it in my early twenties, I quit getting sinus infections and lost about 10 lb of inflammation and mucus.

If I accidentally get into some dairy in a baked good or some dessert somewhere I will immediately have a coated white tongue the next morning.

Some people do really well with it though, like 1 of my daughters... I'm not judging, just saying it's not healthy for all bodies.

Michael Mohn

I have a white coated tongue since peating too. I feel dairy is a big factor. Camposal from Idealabs helped quickly but only as long as I used it. Gut(bugs) & liver problems are the root cause probably. During my years of raw food/fruiterian diet my mouth was super clean.

akgrrrl

Yeah I agree. I'm one of "those people" that avoids dairy like the plague. When I first quit eating it in my early twenties, I quit getting sinus infections and lost about 10 lb of inflammation and mucus.

If I accidentally get into some dairy in a baked good or some dessert somewhere I will immediately have a coated white tongue the next morning.

Some people do really well with it though, like 1 of my daughters... I'm not judging, just saying it's not healthy for all bodies.
Isnt it interesting? I tried giving an almond milk hot choc recipe(don't laugh, yes some people need a recipe for a simple drink) to a person just desperate for a creamy winter beverage after stating how allergic she was.
She bought and used oat milk, had a reaction and now complains.
Sigh.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals