Best Diet For Baby Boy

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Maybe vitamin d for exclusively breastfed babies.

Why for exclusively breastfed babies? Because baby food is always enriched with vitamin d?

What about k2 for infants? Do you think this would be helpful or harmful?

tara

Where I am, they tend to use a vit K injections routinely for newborns. I think this is intended to prevent dangerous excessive bleeding. My hunch (not qualified medical advice) would be to prefer transdermal to injection, to reduce trauma to the young one. Beyond that, I don't know. But I'd be surprised if they 'd need much. I'd be thinking about eating a nourishing diet yourself so that your milk is good. I think Peat's said that there are significant amounts of vit-K in liver.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Where I am, they tend to use a vit K injections routinely for newborns. I think this is intended to prevent dangerous excessive bleeding. My hunch (not qualified medical advice) would be to prefer transdermal to injection, to reduce trauma to the young one.

Seems crazy to think a newborn would need to get injected with vitamin K upon birth. On second thought, it seems unlikely they would need any additional vitamins if the diet is good. Vitamin D is propably the only thing they need if they aren't getting enough sunlight.

tara

Vitamin D is propably the only thing they need if they aren't getting enough sunlight.
This is not something I know about specifically, but I wonder why one would not focus on mum's nutrition, rather than supplementing baby? Does vit D not come with the breast milk?
Getting some sun on baby's skin seems like a good idea (without getting sunburned). Failing that, maybe some supplemental light? That's hard to get from the milk.

saene

Why for exclusively breastfed babies? Because baby food is always enriched with vitamin d?

What about k2 for infants? Do you think this would be helpful or harmful?

I remember some data that breastfed babies were more likely to be low in vitamin d and have negative sequela like rickets, but that maternal supplementation of vitamin d i think around 5-6,000 ius diminished that finding. Formula is routinely fortified with d.

If mother and or baby is getting grass fed dairy and meat i think they should be sufficiency in k barring aspirin consumption. I think reason for the injection is on the off chance that baby has a bleeding disorder or something - should look into that more though...

Waynish

Just heard this claim about botulism today... And how processing doesn't destroy it... I was told not to give honey & tea to a sick 2 year old because it could kill him! Sounds totally bogus.

My 18 month old son has a mild allergy to egg yolks. He gets a small rash on his cheek. He will likely grow out of the allergy so we do give him small amounts of egg yolk to build up his tolerance. Otherwise he drinks lots of whole milk. I give him and his sister homemade gummy bears that are made from apple juice and gelatin. They both eat whole milk yogurt which I know isn't considered very Peat-y but they love it and it has a good mix of fat/protein/carbs. They are both very hit or miss when it comes to carrots so they will not always eat them. I put coconut oil in their white rice when cooking up batches for the week. My son likes cheese so I will give him some with lunch. They both like shrimp which works out nicely and I do give them chances to try beef and lamb. He's typically a better eater than his sister.
I think that’s a very nice diet for a young child

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals