Best Diet For Baby Boy

cyclops

Going to be breastfeeding exclusively for one year. After that, what do you think would be the best diet for a 1 year old baby and beyond? Wondering if their should be any differences then what Peat normally recommends for adults. I'm thinking that young growing children will do better with more tryptophan, so more meat is ok. Anything else?

milk

I'm interested in this topic.

Would adding coconut oil to a baby's diet be a good idea? Certainly it could only do good?

schultz

Egg yolk is a good start. Ray has even mentioned it for babies. Oysters, liver, fruit juice, custard.

SOUND ENGINEER: And would a longer duration of breast-feeding, say, beyond two years, lead to more active immunities?

RAY PEAT: Yeah. They probably should supplement some iron because usually a baby is born with an overload of iron. The heavier the overload, I think the higher the risk of diseases in the newborn baby. But by the time a baby is about two years old, it has grown into that excess of iron. And around that time, it might be needing some food containing iron such as eggs...

omnivoracious

My 18 month old son has a mild allergy to egg yolks. He gets a small rash on his cheek. He will likely grow out of the allergy so we do give him small amounts of egg yolk to build up his tolerance. Otherwise he drinks lots of whole milk. I give him and his sister homemade gummy bears that are made from apple juice and gelatin. They both eat whole milk yogurt which I know isn't considered very Peat-y but they love it and it has a good mix of fat/protein/carbs. They are both very hit or miss when it comes to carrots so they will not always eat them. I put coconut oil in their white rice when cooking up batches for the week. My son likes cheese so I will give him some with lunch. They both like shrimp which works out nicely and I do give them chances to try beef and lamb. He's typically a better eater than his sister.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Egg yolk is a good start. Ray has even mentioned it for babies. Oysters, liver, fruit juice, custard.

SOUND ENGINEER: And would a longer duration of breast-feeding, say, beyond two years, lead to more active immunities?

RAY PEAT: Yeah. They probably should supplement some iron because usually a baby is born with an overload of iron. The heavier the overload, I think the higher the risk of diseases in the newborn baby. But by the time a baby is about two years old, it has grown into that excess of iron. And around that time, it might be needing some food containing iron such as eggs...

Cool. Does anyone have an opinion on the best amount of time to exclusively breastfeed a baby before introducing other food? Also how long to breastfeed alongside food?

Ideonaut

Going to be breastfeeding exclusively for one year. After that, what do you think would be the best diet for a 1 year old baby and beyond? Wondering if their should be any differences then what Peat normally recommends for adults. I'm thinking that young growing children will do better with more tryptophan, so more meat is ok. Anything else?
Peat said somewhere that's important for toddlers to get gelatin.

Repas du soir

My mother fed me cooked potatoes, carrots, pork liver (leverpostei), and butter all mashed up when I first started eating because she didn't trust baby food.

saene

Cool. Does anyone have an opinion on the best amount of time to exclusively breastfeed a baby before introducing other food? Also how long to breastfeed alongside food?

I think it depends on the baby. My little one was very interested in food by around 8 months so we started some egg yolk and cooked fruit which he devoured. At 18 months he is eating a lot of food but still nurses a few times/day but others have had very different experiences with when baby wants food and how long they want to nurse for. Hope that helps!

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I think it depends on the baby. My little one was very interested in food by around 8 months so we started some egg yolk and cooked fruit which he devoured. At 18 months he is eating a lot of food but still nurses a few times/day but others have had very different experiences with when baby wants food and how long they want to nurse for. Hope that helps!

It does help, thanks!

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Would anyone recommend any vitamins, minerals, or other supplements for a baby/toddler?

catan

I exclusively breastfed my two children until 6 months old, but they weren’t that interested in solid food until closer to 18 months old. From 6 months onwards they would just sort of play or gum food.

My older one nursed until her first tooth fell off at age 6. The nursing tapered off at age 4, when it became twice a day for a few minutes, mainly for comfort. Prior to 4, she nursed a few times a day. She refused to drink milk until she weaned. She wasn’t a good eater until age 4 or 5 but didn’t want to wean because her little sister was still nursing.

ratstrain

The milk can be safely and sufficiently enriched in vitamin D (Bruce W. Hollis et al., 2015).

OP
cyclops

cyclops

What about raw honey? What age do you think it is safe to consume?

ratstrain

Raw honey and pasteurized honey, as pasteurization doesn't destroy the botulism spores and toxins.

Reportedly, infant botulism has been diagnosed in infants up to one year old.

Other risk factors would include immunodeficiency, dysbiosis, and thiamine deficiency because Clostridium botulinum can produce thiaminase.

Last edited:

tara

Congratulations.
Is it your first?
This would be my take.

I reckon there's a strong case for exclusive breastfeeding for at least 4 months, probably 6 months for many. (I did a good 6 months with each of mine.) Then there are some signs they make with their mouths to indicate they are ready to start experimenting with small amounts of foods, along with mainly breast milk. The exact timing depends on the baby. Beyond that point, I think the only reason to persist with exclusive breastfeeding is if there are serious difficulties getting safe clean food.

Then ideally keep breast feeding as much as baby wants as long as it is OK for you along with increasing amounts of other foods till they are at least 12 months, but 2+ years if it suits you both. (Both mine got more than one year, less than two. One of them was ready to be weaned off night time feeds by the time he was 12 mths, the other took a little longer. Some babies sleep through the night easily from a young age themselves.)

Whatever else food-wise, the most important thing is to keep them from trying whole peanuts and other things of similar size etc till they are old enough to handle the choking hazards.

Puree or stew everything to mush to begin with - fruits, cooked veges, a little gelatinous meat, ...

Good luck!

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Congratulations.
Is it your first?
This would be my take.

I reckon there's a strong case for exclusive breastfeeding for at least 4 months, probably 6 months for many. (I did a good 6 months with each of mine.) Then there are some signs they make with their mouths to indicate they are ready to start experimenting with small amounts of foods, along with mainly breast milk. The exact timing depends on the baby. Beyond that point, I think the only reason to persist with exclusive breastfeeding is if there are serious difficulties getting safe clean food.

Then ideally keep breast feeding as much as baby wants as long as it is OK for you along with increasing amounts of other foods till they are at least 12 months, but 2+ years if it suits you both. (Both mine got more than one year, less than two. One of them was ready to be weaned off night time feeds by the time he was 12 mths, the other took a little longer. Some babies sleep through the night easily from a young age themselves.)

Whatever else food-wise, the most important thing is to keep them from trying whole peanuts and other things of similar size etc till they are old enough to handle the choking hazards.

Puree or stew everything to mush to begin with - fruits, cooked veges, a little gelatinous meat, ...

Good luck!

Yes, it is, thank you! Thanks for the advice!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals