Plant Based Diet Was Best For Me. Is Ray Peat A Bunch Of Bs?

ursidae

*cheese/eggs/oysters is not allowed for type a. they're supposed to have a fully vegan grain based diet that excludes potatoes, a variety of fruits and coconut- basically live off spinach, soy, Pufa and carrots
Plant based diet kept my skin clear while I was always tired and my hair fell out. The peat diet was really good to my hair but skin suffered

lvysaur

i crave meat cheese milk etc since my youngest ages and I’m A
honestly sounds like it could be a craving for fat than for animal protein itself. I never really have cravings for cheese, to me it's just an inferior substitute for actual animal flesh. Never craved milk in my life (though I drink it for the health benefits)

I notice a lot of so-called meat lovers will salivate over things like bacon, and ham and salami and eggs, but not really nuggets of chicken breast or anything like that. This makes me think they don't actually crave the protein so much, but rather enjoy the taste, almost as a condiment.

For me, the craving is not about taste, it is physiological. It's a deep, deep hunger that cannot be satisfied by eggs or milk or even cheese really. I always balked at the people who complained about boiled pork and chicken because when I'm meat-hungry I'd much rather have a big nugget of bland boiled chicken than some mac n' cheese with bacon pancetta bits on top (which everyone seems to love so much).

The popularity of a breakfast of eggs and a couple strips of bacon make me think that most type As really don't actually crave meat. That breakfast to me, is not satisfying and I'd rather just have a hunk of bland chicken.

That's not to say you necessarily weren't craving meat due to being type A. After all looks like puberty age so people should have some craving like that, but for me this craving is lifelong, I remember it since I was 4. I see the same eating patterns in my parents, with my dad being type O and being the meat-eater, my sister type B and can take it or leave it.

lvysaur

Animal protein/iron/zinc/B12 deficiency is no joke, look at how deranged Vegan Gains has become.
I have noticed this too, if I don't have a big hunk of flesh in my belly my thinking becomes very fast, my behavior is unbound, my movements unrestricted.

I think that if you are type O, you MUST eat animal flesh. I think type As probably have varying levels of tolerance, but overall with a lower tolerance for flesh, not necessarily vegan (although they will tolerate a vegetarian diet better than an O). There's a reason that type O is so common in Native Americans, and in all the peripheral parts of Eurasia (IE: where agriculture and pastoralism was more recent)

rei

SOMEONE, PLEASE LINK ME A CASE WHERE AN ADULT PLANT BASED DIETER HAD ISSUES WITH THEIR BRAIN DUE TO B12 AND OMEGA 3s?!?!

Interesting you seem to know children get seriously ill without B12 and yet think adults can survive without. Newsflash: There are stores, and there are tissue to catabolize for years before one dies. But does this sound healthy?

CDT

Interesting you seem to know children get seriously ill without B12 and yet think adults can survive without. Newsflash: There are stores, and there are tissue to catabolize for years before one dies. But does this sound healthy?
Years? Stores? Jesus, its all people think about these days for christ's sake. If my B12 "stores" last for 20 years and I drink some fermented beverage and replensh it for another twenty years, I think I'll be fine.
Kids who suffer from B12 deficiencies aren't all vegans. They have issues metabolizing B12 and in their fundamental metabolic activities within the gut that prevent them from properly assimilating this vitamin.

CDT

Vegan is an abomination for most people. Maybe plant-based (having steak a few times per week) could work for people that are already healthy/don't have a history of being sick.

Animal protein/iron/zinc/B12 deficiency is no joke, look at how deranged Vegan Gains has become. High copper diet makes you crazy https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/...er-toxicity-common-cause-psychiatric-symptoms
Vegan gains is deranged just like any other youtuber out there, because he has a job that doesn't have any purpose and lives off of drama and pointless critique of other people. Dont claim the diet is bad because of one person. Hell, if Ray Peat doesn't live forever does that mean the Peat diet is shite then? Jesus, gods, almighty. These people.

CDT

Yeah I can't really say I follow Ray Peat verbatim, that could lead you down a possibly dangerous road of orthorexia. I'm sure there's people out there trying to sustain themselves on nothing but skim milk, orange juice, and gelatin. I don't think that's something 99% of the forum users would advocate, or Peat. I tolerate legumes fairly well when they've been soaked first. I do the Weston Price acid soak, water + lemon juice. Chickpeas, black bean soup, and lentils are some of my favorites. Homemade bread is a decent choice for me too. I also like potatoes, but I don't tolerate them no where near as good as the soaked legumes. Potato fiber gives me a huge serotonin surge, and I can't eat them without taking some cyproheptadine. Most of my carbs are sugar though, predominantly fruit based with juice and coke as secondaries. I don't eat much meat either, about 3 or 4 servings a week, usually something gelatinous like skimmed oxtail soup. I don't obsess about removing fiber, refined stuff like flour and pasta I tolerate really well. Well cooked veggies (mostly leafy greens) I tolerate well. I think the carrot salad really helps me. The saturated fat thing is something people just have to experiment with. I've seen some people say they do great on a high saturated fat diet. After much experimentation I do best on a diet that's around 15% of fat, mostly saturated. High fat diets of any kind don't fare well with me. Coconut oil also seems to be best, as it doesn't put weight on me. Protein sources for me, besides the aforementioned meat, is lowfat cottage cheese, 1% milk, lowfat string cheese, 1 egg per day, liver once weekly, and various shellfish (oysters, mussels, scallops, shrimp) quite often. So I don't really follow any predetermined dietary plan. Best way to describe my diet would be pseudo-pescetarian, that eats gelatin frequently and liver weekly.
Are you not at all concerned about the toxicity levels in shellfish and sea-bottom crustaceans? I dont think I could eat those because I keep thinking of all the muck they collect over their lifespans...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals