Benzo Withdrawal - Tips And Advice

I'm going to cut 5 mg per 10 days as I don't have another choice using 10mg pills as the only available source. I can't get liquid Valium compounded.

What about the neuronal death with cold turkey/rapid taper causes nervous sensitivity, does it have anything to do with deterioration of the myelin sheath?

That seems too fast. Maybe grind the tablets finely and eyeball the dosage. Just breaking them is not working, except it is expressed in writing, that the tablet can be broken in equal halves. Receptors are renewed constantly, your differing response is epigenetic and would last mere weeks, or up to 3 months maximum. You need to normalise your metabolic function.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

That seems too fast. Maybe grind the tablets finely and eyeball the dosage. Just breaking them is not working, except it is expressed in writing, that the tablet can be broken in equal halves. Receptors are renewed constantly, your differing response is epigenetic and would last mere weeks, or up to 3 months maximum. You need to normalise your metabolic function.
It's been about 2 months and it's still the same thing.

I read that quitting barbiturates cold turkey can cause permanent damage that is hard to reverse maybe it's the same for benzos?

Last edited:
It's been about 2 months and it's still the same thing.

I read that quitting barbiturates cold turkey can cause permanent damage that is hard to reverse maybe it's the same for benzos?

Are you in the USA? Can you take supplements?

I'm in the Netherlands but I can take supplements. Which one do you recommend?

That is more complicated then. What i can tell you is that the Multi from Thorne Research "2/day" or "2/d" is the only good one, and you cannot import to Europe for reasons of packaging. You can try to get it maybe from an Amazon Seller located in USA. You should try itthough, maybe it is indeed possible. There is an European Version of it, but it is way inferior. More importantly, take a look at the forms and dosages of 2/d and buy separate supplements so that you reach the forms and dosages of this supplement, use it as a template so to speak. Also, there is good data for Anxiety, Psychoses, Depression etc and usage of Fishoil.

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

That is more complicated then. What i can tell you is that the Multi from Thorne Research "2/day" or "2/d" is the only good one, and you cannot import to Europe for reasons of packaging. You can try to get it maybe from an Amazon Seller located in USA. You should try itthough, maybe it is indeed possible. There is an European Version of it, but it is way inferior. More importantly, take a look at the forms and dosages of 2/d and buy separate supplements so that you reach the forms and dosages of this supplement, use it as a template so to speak. Also, there is good data for Anxiety, Psychoses, Depression etc and usage of Fishoil.
Will this help decrease the tolerance?

Will this help decrease the tolerance?

It will help with health in general, and likely with tolerance/need also. Magnesium and Calcium should be taken additionally, they are too high volume and underdosed. Magnesium as citrate, dissolved in Water acts very Anxiolytic and Anti - Excitotoxic. Maybe 500 - 1000mg Mg in total from a supplement, 300mg/3xday

OP
T

TreasureVibe

It will help with health in general, and likely with tolerance/need also. Magnesium and Calcium should be taken additionally, they are too high volume and underdosed. Magnesium as citrate, dissolved in Water acts very Anxiolytic and Anti - Excitotoxic. Maybe 500 - 1000mg Mg in total from a supplement, 300mg/3xday
I can't get my hands on with the 2 per day Thorne Research it's out of stock at iherb. But the ingredients that are in there were in this other multivitamin I took as well and it revved me up so... Are you sure it's okay to take?

Also, what is the mechanism behind the neurological injury that is caused by the cold turkey that causes the benzos to work less effectively?

I can't get my hands on with the 2 per day Thorne Research it's out of stock at iherb. But the ingredients that are in there were in this other multivitamin I took as well and it revved me up so... Are you sure it's okay to take?

Also, what is the mechanism behind the neurological injury that is caused by the cold turkey that causes the benzos to work less effectively?

I am not sure. I am rather sure that supplementation with EFA like Fishoil, Flaxseed Oil and Linoleic Acid has rather positive reporting on CNS - Health, RP is of differing opinion. Maybe with the fat, the multi becomes better in tolerability. What about the other stuff, Magnesium.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals