What Could My Friend Take For Tranquilizer Drug Withdrawal?

TreasureVibe

My friend is on a tranquilizer drug that gives her heavy withdrawal symptoms. She was prescribed it to replace a benzo she was tapering off from.

I'm not sure which tranquilizer drug or drugs she's taking (she rather not say it) but it's being taken by a needle that she squirts on a spoon, and then she takes the spoon in her mouth to take it. She was taking either 1 or 2 tranquilizer drugs if I recall correctly.

In her own words the following happens:

- She sleeps worse, probably due to her nervous system being off
- she has to drink enough water so her blood pressure doesn't drop too much from it
- then she has to get up and go to the toilet whilst drugged out
- and if she doesn't drink enough water
- then her blood pressure drops suddenly
- and she wakes up in what feels like a panic attack (sorta)
- it's her body dumping adrenaline
- to raise her blood pressure
- the adrenaline effect is not just temporary
- it has long term effects
- that is why this drug makes a person untranquilized, the opposite

I hope someone can give good advice for her to get rid of these symptoms!

Thank you.

lampofred

Progesterone and benzodiazepines have very similar effects on the nervous system.

HealingBoy

Taurine and CBD can be very helpful. CBD works either for benzo or opiate withdrawal (I used it to quit tianeptine...).
A drop or two of oregano oil in an herbal tea does wonder and has a very GABAergic feeling.

Dave Clark

I am thinking maybe low dose naltrexone, if you have already stopped using the drugs. LDN increases endorphins by about 300% from what I recall, which could help with the withdrawal. LDN is also good for immunity and many other things.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Progesterone and benzodiazepines have very similar effects on the nervous system.

Taurine and CBD can be very helpful. CBD works either for benzo or opiate withdrawal (I used it to quit tianeptine...).
A drop or two of oregano oil in an herbal tea does wonder and has a very GABAergic feeling.

I told her about these substances but she said that she's suspicious of all sedatives because the body tends to become habituated to them. Which one of these are not sedatives? Thanks!

I am thinking maybe low dose naltrexone, if you have already stopped using the drugs. LDN increases endorphins by about 300% from what I recall, which could help with the withdrawal. LDN is also good for immunity and many other things.
Unfortunately she's still on the drug now but I will keep this noted! Thanks!

lampofred

I told her about these substances but she said that she's suspicious of all sedatives because the body tends to become habituated to them. Which one of these are not sedatives? Thanks!

I think anything that is helpful for withdrawal from tranquilizers must necessarily have sedating properties. But I don't think progesterone is addictive in the sense that Xanax or Valium is. It's probably one of the safest things she could take.

Andman

I think anything that is helpful for withdrawal from tranquilizers must necessarily have sedating properties. But I don't think progesterone is addictive in the sense that Xanax or Valium is. It's probably one of the safest things she could take.

id also say progesterone, and add theanine (amino acid) and magnesium

also the usual, regular meals to keep blood sugar up etc.

Quitting opiates and similar substances is going to be quite a shitty experience no matter what though

OP
T

TreasureVibe

She says the body can habituate to progesterone too and she thinks it can downregulate GABA receptors. And that when quitting it your body gets screwed up. Plus uneven blood levels will also cause havoc.

I don't know if this is true? Thanks!
id also say progesterone, and add theanine (amino acid) and magnesium

also the usual, regular meals to keep blood sugar up etc.

Quitting opiates and similar substances is going to be quite a shitty experience no matter what though
What will the theanine do, and isn't theanine a sedative? And how will the magnesium help exactly? Thanks!

lampofred

She says the body can habituate to progesterone too and she thinks it can downregulate GABA receptors. And that when quitting it your body gets screwed up. Plus uneven blood levels will also cause havoc.

I don't know if this is true? Thanks!

What will the theanine do, and isn't theanine a sedative? And how will the magnesium help exactly? Thanks!

I personally have not had any negative experiences from stopping progesterone usage, but everyone is different, so if she doesn't want to take it, will not try to make you convince her or anything like that.

There are several other things she can do like keeping blood sugar high (lots of carbs, fat, and salt (and lower on protein) is good for removing glutamate and calming the system down), getting a lot of sleep, raising body temperature by wearing as many thick clothes as possible and keeping ambient temperature high, shining red light on skin, trying naloxone, taking epsom salt baths to raise magnesium are all things that might help.

Hi, I would just like to share that progesterone didn't alleviate my severe anxiety and panic attacks by itself but when used alongside other (non gabaenergic) anxiolytics I did feel a bit calmer and relaxed (during my protracted withdrawal).

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I personally have not had any negative experiences from stopping progesterone usage, but everyone is different, so if she doesn't want to take it, will not try to make you convince her or anything like that.

There are several other things she can do like keeping blood sugar high (lots of carbs, fat, and salt (and lower on protein) is good for removing glutamate and calming the system down), getting a lot of sleep, raising body temperature by wearing as many thick clothes as possible and keeping ambient temperature high, shining red light on skin, trying naloxone, taking epsom salt baths to raise magnesium are all things that might help.
Thank you! Why exactly would raising magnesium help? Thanks!

Hi, I would just like to share that progesterone didn't alleviate my severe anxiety and panic attacks by itself but when used alongside other (non gabaenergic) anxiolytics I did feel a bit calmer and relaxed (during my protracted withdrawal).
Thank you! What are some good non gabaenergic anxiolytics? Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals