Did A Cold Turkey From Benzos Now Reinstated And Drugs Are Less Effective Please Help

Terma

I don't know why because I didn't do benzo withdrawal but someone else has written that before. My biggest mistake was always withdrawing from things without a substitute for the worst days, but which used desperately means you trade dependency. Again if you go on the web some people had success with things like pregabalin/gabapentin at least enough to get a wikipedia mention Benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome - Wikipedia ( the fq thing hit so hard I thought my brain was melting). Someone I knew used phenibut as tianeptine withdrawal tool despite phenibut being extremely fast dependency forming (for us the tia withdrawal was much worse), others used kratom, and one of the dudes on longecity withdrew from phenibut with a benzo(?). This is why I keep fasoracetam around as alternative anti-anxiety though I'm sure there are other undocumented and these days I'd actually use THC+anti-anxiety maybe with lithium, then lately I used lithium to get rid of small THC dependency. Surely other things work like maybe ketamine, GHB/sodium oxybate, etc. But drugs I withdrew from didn't have that property so for a benzo CT it's twice as important to consult resources for benzo withdrawal like they said and these withdrawals are hard to understand for people who haven't gone through them. Or just email Ray Peat, whatever, good luck, it sucks terribly, just don't make any important decisions right now, your real self will be back.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I'm surviving right now with 300 mg of n acetyl cysteine, the Ativan withdrawal symptoms don't show up at 1 pm as we speak.

Terma

That's a small dose but it has dose-dependent effects, ymmv on the effect needed, only high worked here. There's allopreg precursor if no one mentioned but only the immediate precursor at days-apart high doses was useful enough for my needs and daily use is more tolerance Neurosteroid Coadministration Prevents Development of Tolerance and Augments Recovery From Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Anxiety and Hyperactivity in Mice - PubMed. Since I'd been looking at activated charcoal worth mentioning because anxiety can be exacerbated by intestine.

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

That's a small dose but it has dose-dependent effects, ymmv on the effect needed, only high worked here. There's allopreg precursor if no one mentioned but only the immediate precursor at days-apart high doses was useful enough for my needs and daily use is more tolerance Neurosteroid Coadministration Prevents Development of Tolerance and Augments Recovery From Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Anxiety and Hyperactivity in Mice - PubMed. Since I'd been looking at activated charcoal worth mentioning because anxiety can be exacerbated by intestine.
What about fasoracetam? And what about this study showing a probiotic lactobacillus rhamnosus increasing gaba levels and also increasing gaba receptors:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201206/do-probiotics-help-anxiety

Terma

Yeah both possible but my experience with probiotics in the several billions (iirc included OTC rhamnosus with awful additives, can't remember, years ago) gave me only one obvious positive effect which I assume was immune-related pain reduction, but they're random elements with (occasionally serious unpredictable) side effects, I prefer other options, and that's mainly my opinion not borrowed so there's somewhat a chorus. Some people had great results, your choice.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Yeah both possible but my experience with probiotics in the several billions (iirc included OTC rhamnosus with awful additives, can't remember, years ago) gave me only one obvious positive effect which I assume was immune-related pain reduction, but they're random elements with (occasionally serious unpredictable) side effects, I prefer other options, and that's mainly my opinion not borrowed so there's somewhat a chorus. Some people had great results, your choice.
How about taking gaba as a supplement? I sent Ray Peat an email asking for his advice.

Texon

I have recently come across multiple accounts of niacinamide rescuing people from very long-standing anxiety and panic attack states plus years of treatment with multiple medications Dosage was from 1500-2500 mgs per day.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I don't know why because I didn't do benzo withdrawal but someone else has written that before. My biggest mistake was always withdrawing from things without a substitute for the worst days, but which used desperately means you trade dependency. Again if you go on the web some people had success with things like pregabalin/gabapentin at least enough to get a wikipedia mention Benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome - Wikipedia ( the fq thing hit so hard I thought my brain was melting). Someone I knew used phenibut as tianeptine withdrawal tool despite phenibut being extremely fast dependency forming (for us the tia withdrawal was much worse), others used kratom, and one of the dudes on longecity withdrew from phenibut with a benzo(?). This is why I keep fasoracetam around as alternative anti-anxiety though I'm sure there are other undocumented and these days I'd actually use THC+anti-anxiety maybe with lithium, then lately I used lithium to get rid of small THC dependency. Surely other things work like maybe ketamine, GHB/sodium oxybate, etc. But drugs I withdrew from didn't have that property so for a benzo CT it's twice as important to consult resources for benzo withdrawal like they said and these withdrawals are hard to understand for people who haven't gone through them. Or just email Ray Peat, whatever, good luck, it sucks terribly, just don't make any important decisions right now, your real self will be back.
I emailed Ray Peat, this is what he said:

Me:
"Dear Dr. Peat,

Currently I am on 1 mg of Ativan and 7 mg of valium. I stupidly did a cold turkey of these drugs for 4 days and now I've developed tolerance to these drugs, making their effects less effective. I take 1 mg of Ativan at 9 am and normally I could make it to 5 pm without any problems, but now after the cold turkey I get heavy withdrawal symptoms around 1 pm. Taking 300 mg of n acetyl cysteine after my Ativan dose allows me to make it till 3 pm without symptoms, but then anxiety starts to hit me. The Valium also feels less effective in its sedating effect and the Ativan as well, whereas the Ativan normally made me sleepy, now it doesn't.

Is there any way of reversing the cold turkey's tolerance to these benzodiazepines that has developed?

I hope you can help me,

With best regards,

name here"

Ray Peat:
"Have you had blood tests, including vitamin D, TSH, cortisol and other hormones?"

Me:
"I didn't have blood tests, my vitamin D might be low and my cortisol might be high, but how do these correlate to the tolerance I have developed? Is there anything specific I can do to combat the tolerance to these drugs?
Best regards"

Ray Peat:
"Yes, correcting tolerance implies correcting the underlying problem, and a problem with cortisol and/or vitamin D is always problematic."

What does Dr. Peat mean? What is he getting at?

Terma

I dunno man, I've never e-mailed him.

But yes chronic cortisol sucks

CoconutEffect

I emailed Ray Peat, this is what he said:

Me:
"Dear Dr. Peat,

Currently I am on 1 mg of Ativan and 7 mg of valium. I stupidly did a cold turkey of these drugs for 4 days and now I've developed tolerance to these drugs, making their effects less effective. I take 1 mg of Ativan at 9 am and normally I could make it to 5 pm without any problems, but now after the cold turkey I get heavy withdrawal symptoms around 1 pm. Taking 300 mg of n acetyl cysteine after my Ativan dose allows me to make it till 3 pm without symptoms, but then anxiety starts to hit me. The Valium also feels less effective in its sedating effect and the Ativan as well, whereas the Ativan normally made me sleepy, now it doesn't.

Is there any way of reversing the cold turkey's tolerance to these benzodiazepines that has developed?

I hope you can help me,

With best regards,

name here"

Ray Peat:
"Have you had blood tests, including vitamin D, TSH, cortisol and other hormones?"

Me:
"I didn't have blood tests, my vitamin D might be low and my cortisol might be high, but how do these correlate to the tolerance I have developed? Is there anything specific I can do to combat the tolerance to these drugs?
Best regards"

Ray Peat:
"Yes, correcting tolerance implies correcting the underlying problem, and a problem with cortisol and/or vitamin D is always problematic."

What does Dr. Peat mean? What is he getting at?
I don’t think Ray knows, unfortunately. Coming off Benzos is hell.

I also have had no luck with niacinamide
My plan to come off is to micro taper and micro dose Amanita Muscaria (look into Muscimol)

And be ******* careful.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I dunno man, I've never e-mailed him.

But yes chronic cortisol sucks
Maybe there is a state of high cortisol which causes tolerance?
I don’t think Ray knows, unfortunately. Coming off Benzos is hell.

I also have had no luck with niacinamide
My plan to come off is to micro taper and micro dose Amanita Muscaria (look into Muscimol)

And be ******* careful.
Let me know how the micro dosing of amanita muscaria goes!

I'm gonna use tapering strips, microdosing the Ativan first in a span of 2 months. I think it will be steps of 0.025 mg reduction a day.

CoconutEffect

Maybe there is a state of high cortisol which causes tolerance?

Let me know how the micro dosing of amanita muscaria goes!

I'm gonna use tapering strips, microdosing the Ativan first in a span of 2 months. I think it will be steps of 0.025 mg reduction a day.
What are tapering strips?!
I saw a method of dragging the pill against a wall, make strikes to reduce the dose and wear away little by little

day one 1 strike
day two 2 strikes

Slow slow slow I’ve tried twice, it’s not fun.
I will, waiting for the Amanita to come via mail

OP
T

TreasureVibe

GutFeeling

Clonidine and cyproheptadine should help alot.
It's common to have Clonazepam in drops, using an effective dosage and reducing 100/125 mcg per week probably abolishes all symptoms if withdrawal.
I doubt that cutting pills in half would give exactly half of the substance, that's why i prefer drops.

GutFeeling

I guess Ray point is that having ideal hormonal profile and protective substances helps in thoses situations, I wonder what the actual impact those things would cause.
Got me really curious, because there are people that simply don't get withdrawal from benzos

wintagal

Clonidine is often prescribed for withdrawal from CNS suppressants.
The tolerance could be due to receptors not adapting yet. I've heard it takes a loooong time.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Clonidine is often prescribed for withdrawal from CNS suppressants.
The tolerance could be due to receptors not adapting yet. I've heard it takes a loooong time.
Is there any way to hasten the process of adaptation?

Frankdee20

The only thing I’ve ever come across I. The literature regarding how to up regulate GABA receptors would be KAVA.... Unfortunately, GABA is the toughest one to increase naturally.... You can inhibit GABA transaminase using Gotu Kola or Lemon Balm, use Magnolia as a direct agonist, use Theanine, inhibit GAD enzyme with P5P and Valerian... Good Luck....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals