Did A Cold Turkey From Benzos Now Reinstated And Drugs Are Less Effective Please Help

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Could demyelination be the cause of the drug working less effectively?

Would lions mane be able to help recover the myelin sheath?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I found this on reddit:

badassrose23303d
Benzo withdrawal
Is there any nootropic that’s good for benzo withdrawal apart from l-theanine which made me feel weird

12 Comments sorted byBest
Leave a comment
Post is archived
eagee302d
Boy there's a nightmare I don't ever wish to repeat. What worked for me was a low dose stack of l-theanine, skullcap, bacopa, lavender tincture, b-vitamins, gaba, piracetam, lions mane, and chaga. It worked great for me when I finally found it :)

tidespout_myconaut303d
I believe black seed (nigella sativa) is used for withdrawal.

jt2424
302d
thats for opioid withdrawal... And even the studies on that were flimsy at best... But either way, Black Seed Oil is one of my favorite natural supplements out there.. I for sure notice I feel better when I take 2 teaspoons a day.

yungshulginite302d
You’ll have a bit of trouble getting your hands on it, but etifoxine is the dream OTC for this.

TheEggMan67
300d
Could you elaborate on this more?

Zen242300d
Taurine might be worth trying if u cant take l-theanine

badassrose23
300d
Doesn’t taurine impact gaba?

BPC157302d
BPC 157 has been used to help with tolerance and dependence with Benzos (diazepam.)

The effect of a novel pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on development of tolerance and physical dependence following repeated administration of diazepam. The Effect of a Novel Pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on Development of Tolerance and Physical Dependence Following Repeated Administration of Diazepam - PubMed

In diazepam chronically treated mice, it attenuated diazepam tolerance (provoked by later acute administration of diazepam together with convulsant) and postponed physical dependence/withdrawal effects (provoked by later administration of isoniazid). In tolerance assay, at 42 h after the end of conditioning regimen, shorter preconvulsive latencies than in healthy (non-diazepam conditioned) mice following isoniazid (800 mg/kg i.p.) (as hallmark of tolerance) were observed if diazepam (5.0 mg/kg i.p.) was again given acutely to mice previously conditioned with diazepam alone (use of picrotoxin 3.0 mg/kg i.p., as convulsant, with acute application of diazepam in previously diazepam conditioned mice did not lead to tolerance hallmark). This was completely avoided in diazepam+BPC 157 10 microg or diazepam+BPC 157 10 ng chronically treated animals. In physical dependence assay (isoniazid challenge assessed at 6, 14, 42 and 72 h after conditioning medication), when compared to diazepam non-conditioned healthy mice, in diazepam conditioned mice residual anticonvulsive activity was not present already at the earliest post-conditioning interval (i.e., not different latency to isoniazid-convulsions), whereas shorter preconvulsive latencies (as physical dependence/withdrawal hallmark) were noted in diazepam conditioned mice following isoniazid challenge at 42 h and at 72 h after end of conditioning treatment. In diazepam+BPC 157 10 microg- conditioned mice, a residual anticonvulsive activity (i.e., longer latency to isoniazid convulsion) was noted at 6 h post-conditioning, whereas shorter preconvulsive latencies appeared only at 72 h-post-conditioning period.

In conclusion, taken together these data (lack of tolerance development (tolerance studies), prolonged residual anticonvulsive activity, and postponed physical dependence/withdrawal hallmark in diazepam+BPC 157 chronically treated mice) with common benzodiazepines tolerance/withdrawal knowledge, it could be speculated that BPC 157 acts favoring the natural homeostasis of the GABA receptor complex as well as enhancing the GABAergic transmission, and having a mechanism at least partly different from those involved in diazepam tolerance/withdrawal, it may be likely used in further therapy of diazepam tolerance and withdrawal

Also here are some other links of humans with success:

" In the past few weeks I've been regularly taking BPC 157 orally at about 300 mg per night. For the past four years I had been taking Klonopin on a semi regular basis, and then in the past six months on a very regular basis. I tapered quickly and took my last Klonopin four weeks ago, and I can honestly say it's been much easier than I expected. "

"Next time, see how long you can do without using drugs. Helped save my buddies life detoxing from benzos."

" I have found that taking it orally almost entirely reverses my kratom (and caffeine) tolerance even while using kratom daily. It takes about a week of 3x/day to notice this for me but it certainly is noticeable. My caffeine tolerance spikes whenever I stop taking bpc for more than a few days. "

/r/Peptides/comments/9fbd4s/bpc157_while_addicted_to_kratom_opiates_or_benzos/

"im a week into taking BPC 157 for gaba withdrawal. the results have actually been incredible. now i will say i still feel horrendous, but im in bento withdrawal so i wasn't expecting to be feeling good, but the improvements over this week have been incredible, ive been completely unfunctionable, horrendous anxiety, dementia like symptoms.

after a week bpc 157 my anxiety is way down, my vision seems slightly clearer and mental clarity seems clearer. ive gone from feeling inhuman, to like myself, albeit a terrible very unwell version of myself."

/r/Peptides/comments/8qv2f8/bpc_157_gabaergic_withdrawal/

Many resources here:

/r/Anhedonia_Recovery/comments/77wnn2/bpc157_for_anhedonia_and_drug_abuse_success/

Source: comment section of Benzo withdrawal : Nootropics

Could BPC 157 help reverse my tolerance to the benzos?

opson123

My brother also did a cold turkey, but from pregabalin, weed and tobacco at the same time. He smoked weed and tobacco daily for years (like 10y+), and pregabalin about a year iirc. He said it took 3 months of insane suffering before he started feeling "normal" again.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

My brother also did a cold turkey, but from pregabalin, weed and tobacco at the same time. He smoked weed and tobacco daily for years (like 10y+), and pregabalin about a year iirc. He said it took 3 months of insane suffering before he started feeling "normal" again.
I got psychotic symptoms at the 4th day of withdrawal so I had to reinstate.

Today the Ativan stopped working properly at 2 pm 2 hours after I took it, I'm feeling unresty now.

opson123

I got psychotic symptoms at the 4th day of withdrawal so I had to reinstate.

Today the Ativan stopped working properly at 2 pm 2 hours after I took it, I'm feeling unresty now.
I really wish you strength in this.

I only had withdrawal symptoms from painkillers, tramal, after a year or so on them when I was 17 and that was pretty awful, but compared to what my brother told me about his, mine was nothing. The painkillers weren't for recreational purposes, but for pain, mostly nerve, due to a failed surgery.

Roguestrand70

Yes I incorporated it 8 months ago, please read my last long message.

With such a slowww taper it's not absolutely essential but it help the brain "re-learn" it's gaba system faster, progesterone can help with the recovery from any addiction, and Haidut explained on a thread that I can't pull up ATM how it raises Gaba as efficiently as a benzo (though androsterone might be even stronger at that) but it does not create addiction because it does so (gaba increase) though a self regulatory mechanism that in short time re adjusts when you wean off the P4 (progesterone )
Hey @sonsofeurope how much progesterone

SonOfEurope

Hey @sonsofeurope how much progesterone

I did 14-15mg mornings and evenings total 28-30mg a day, introduced low dose DHEA (3mg) 11 months in. Even after the estrogen flush and your body adapts you're a bit more anesthetized and you need to sleep more.

Other people might achieve the same results with a bit less even, it depends on the individual circumstances.

I'm on half the progesterone now and same DHEA just every other day so per week now im around 100mg p4 and 12 mg DHEA.

Roguestrand70

I found this on reddit:

badassrose23303d
Benzo withdrawal
Is there any nootropic that’s good for benzo withdrawal apart from l-theanine which made me feel weird

12 Comments sorted byBest
Leave a comment
Post is archived
eagee302d
Boy there's a nightmare I don't ever wish to repeat. What worked for me was a low dose stack of l-theanine, skullcap, bacopa, lavender tincture, b-vitamins, gaba, piracetam, lions mane, and chaga. It worked great for me when I finally found it :)

tidespout_myconaut303d
I believe black seed (nigella sativa) is used for withdrawal.

jt2424
302d
thats for opioid withdrawal... And even the studies on that were flimsy at best... But either way, Black Seed Oil is one of my favorite natural supplements out there.. I for sure notice I feel better when I take 2 teaspoons a day.

yungshulginite302d
You’ll have a bit of trouble getting your hands on it, but etifoxine is the dream OTC for this.

TheEggMan67
300d
Could you elaborate on this more?

Zen242300d
Taurine might be worth trying if u cant take l-theanine

badassrose23
300d
Doesn’t taurine impact gaba?

BPC157302d
BPC 157 has been used to help with tolerance and dependence with Benzos (diazepam.)

The effect of a novel pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on development of tolerance and physical dependence following repeated administration of diazepam. The Effect of a Novel Pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on Development of Tolerance and Physical Dependence Following Repeated Administration of Diazepam - PubMed

In diazepam chronically treated mice, it attenuated diazepam tolerance (provoked by later acute administration of diazepam together with convulsant) and postponed physical dependence/withdrawal effects (provoked by later administration of isoniazid). In tolerance assay, at 42 h after the end of conditioning regimen, shorter preconvulsive latencies than in healthy (non-diazepam conditioned) mice following isoniazid (800 mg/kg i.p.) (as hallmark of tolerance) were observed if diazepam (5.0 mg/kg i.p.) was again given acutely to mice previously conditioned with diazepam alone (use of picrotoxin 3.0 mg/kg i.p., as convulsant, with acute application of diazepam in previously diazepam conditioned mice did not lead to tolerance hallmark). This was completely avoided in diazepam+BPC 157 10 microg or diazepam+BPC 157 10 ng chronically treated animals. In physical dependence assay (isoniazid challenge assessed at 6, 14, 42 and 72 h after conditioning medication), when compared to diazepam non-conditioned healthy mice, in diazepam conditioned mice residual anticonvulsive activity was not present already at the earliest post-conditioning interval (i.e., not different latency to isoniazid-convulsions), whereas shorter preconvulsive latencies (as physical dependence/withdrawal hallmark) were noted in diazepam conditioned mice following isoniazid challenge at 42 h and at 72 h after end of conditioning treatment. In diazepam+BPC 157 10 microg- conditioned mice, a residual anticonvulsive activity (i.e., longer latency to isoniazid convulsion) was noted at 6 h post-conditioning, whereas shorter preconvulsive latencies appeared only at 72 h-post-conditioning period.

In conclusion, taken together these data (lack of tolerance development (tolerance studies), prolonged residual anticonvulsive activity, and postponed physical dependence/withdrawal hallmark in diazepam+BPC 157 chronically treated mice) with common benzodiazepines tolerance/withdrawal knowledge, it could be speculated that BPC 157 acts favoring the natural homeostasis of the GABA receptor complex as well as enhancing the GABAergic transmission, and having a mechanism at least partly different from those involved in diazepam tolerance/withdrawal, it may be likely used in further therapy of diazepam tolerance and withdrawal

Also here are some other links of humans with success:

" In the past few weeks I've been regularly taking BPC 157 orally at about 300 mg per night. For the past four years I had been taking Klonopin on a semi regular basis, and then in the past six months on a very regular basis. I tapered quickly and took my last Klonopin four weeks ago, and I can honestly say it's been much easier than I expected. "

"Next time, see how long you can do without using drugs. Helped save my buddies life detoxing from benzos."

" I have found that taking it orally almost entirely reverses my kratom (and caffeine) tolerance even while using kratom daily. It takes about a week of 3x/day to notice this for me but it certainly is noticeable. My caffeine tolerance spikes whenever I stop taking bpc for more than a few days. "

/r/Peptides/comments/9fbd4s/bpc157_while_addicted_to_kratom_opiates_or_benzos/

"im a week into taking BPC 157 for gaba withdrawal. the results have actually been incredible. now i will say i still feel horrendous, but im in bento withdrawal so i wasn't expecting to be feeling good, but the improvements over this week have been incredible, ive been completely unfunctionable, horrendous anxiety, dementia like symptoms.

after a week bpc 157 my anxiety is way down, my vision seems slightly clearer and mental clarity seems clearer. ive gone from feeling inhuman, to like myself, albeit a terrible very unwell version of myself."

/r/Peptides/comments/8qv2f8/bpc_157_gabaergic_withdrawal/

Many resources here:

/r/Anhedonia_Recovery/comments/77wnn2/bpc157_for_anhedonia_and_drug_abuse_success/

Source: comment section of Benzo withdrawal : Nootropics

Could BPC 157 help reverse my tolerance to the benzos?
This is fantastic information. I was going to order bp157 anyway to deal with a tendonopathy as I understand it has some anti inflammatory effects benefits

DonLore

Yup,

It's so slow the brain doesn't have time to realize the dosage is being brought down (as I said.... I just notice the pill getting a LITTLE smaller by 45 or 50 days.... It's a very soft scratch against those 30cm on my wall ) and being that slow the receptors and Gaba-ergic system of the whole body has the time to "re-learn" or "learn again" to be it's true self without them....

Some days i did obviously feel a bit anxious, but not in a "lacking benzo " type of anxiety just normal anxiety and I realized - that's the "Me" I used to be before getting into these drugs... As the weeks and months passed I learned and relearned new strategies to cope with my stress without ever popping an extra klonopin.

I did not experience any withdrawal symptoms.. Again probably because I started this taper from a dose I was comfortable at (2..5 mg) as usual morning dose (1.25mg) and my night dose (1,25 mg) and it was only after more than a month that I could even notice the Pills getting smaller in size barely in the edge, but I knew then I was making progress and would not stop.

As for the "normal" bit of anxiety I had (and still have, it's part of being human I guess) it's more common in Winter and I find ways to deal with it like chatting with my friends, going to a restaurant or lifting weights... I must admit that I incorporated the progesterone already a year in (8 months ago) when I had already dropped it from the original 2,5mg to around 1,25 mg .... (once the 0.5 pills got to about half size I knew it was time to cut them in half and celebrate my progress) the progesterone helps immensely with any type of anxiety and re-discovering who you used to be before making your brain dependant on these abominations... I'll dare say that at this point I could (but won't out of discipline to not screw things up) just ditch the .45mg I'm on daily and massive dose progesterone, but I would be risking it and as I've said the 0.25 mg I'm taking once morning and once night are getting smaller too hehe... I'm closing in to freedom from these abominations and I'll gladly continue the protocol a few more months until I'm at the tiniest possible dose before ditching it....

I might have to switch to diazepam (much lower potency) and keep shrinking from there because these 0.25 mg of Klonopin aren't gonna get much smaller in three or four months.

That's the most important things to remember for me, soft scratch, and bring the dose as close to 0 before I come off for good, I waited 2 years and made all this progress then I can wait another half year or a full year even, if necessary.
Are you off the benzos completely?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals