Basic heart questions

Amazoniac

Does anyone know how or why:

- the heart muscles prevent the thickening of its muscular walls, since blood/nutrients are supplied constantly and it never stops?
- some valves in the heart are divided in 3 while other in 2?
- it prevents the build up of lactate?

jyb

Amazoniac said:

I'm going to speculate...a cell may not produce lactate if it uses fat for energy, which could be the case of heart cells. In general, there seems to be a good reason why each organ require specific energy sources (glucose or different types of fatty acids). In particular neurons and heart cells probably have a very strong preference for which source they each use in order to minimise risk of dying off from a source that is too unreliable or is not protective against free radicals.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

jyb said:
Amazoniac said:

I'm going to speculate...a cell may not produce lactate if it uses fat for energy, which could be the case of heart cells. In general, there seems to be a good reason why each organ require specific energy sources (glucose or different types of fatty acids). In particular neurons and heart cells probably have a very strong preference for which source they each use in order to minimise risk of dying off from a source that is too unreliable or is not protective against free radicals.

I don't know, but great speculation. I'll investigate further and if I find something interesting I'll post.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals