Arimistane for varicocele

Ulysses

I want to test the theory often repeated in this forum that lowering estrogen with an aromatase inhibitor can help reduce varicocele size and symptoms. Based on the reading I've done, it seems pretty clear that the best prescription AI would be exemestane.

As far as OTC alternatives are concerned, the best option seems to be arimistane. I did a forum search and found a few posts that mentioned it in passing, but considering the fact that it's a legal OTC "quasi-pharmaceutical" AI, I expected there to be more discussion of it than there is.

Anyone here used it? Thoughts on efficacy, safety?

mantq

Anyone? I'm also interested in this, considering ordering exemestane and going low dose, but scared of the possible side effects to be honest.

tommyg130

I want to test the theory often repeated in this forum that lowering estrogen with an aromatase inhibitor can help reduce varicocele size and symptoms. Based on the reading I've done, it seems pretty clear that the best prescription AI would be exemestane.

As far as OTC alternatives are concerned, the best option seems to be arimistane. I did a forum search and found a few posts that mentioned it in passing, but considering the fact that it's a legal OTC "quasi-pharmaceutical" AI, I expected there to be more discussion of it than there is.

Anyone here used it? Thoughts on efficacy, safety?
I wonder too.. the downside to most AIs that lower estrogen fast is that they usually lower progesterone also. That’s why more suggested it aspirin /vit E, k2 , diet etc , andro. But I’m not sure where arimistane falls

TMCMac

I wonder too.. the downside to most AIs that lower estrogen fast is that they usually lower progesterone also. That’s why more suggested it aspirin /vit E, k2 , diet etc , andro. But I’m not sure where arimistane falls
Where can we get exemestane?

AspiringSage

Anyone? I'm also interested in this, considering ordering exemestane and going low dose, but scared of the possible side effects to be honest.
The literature and many peoples experiences would suggest that low doses are safe. Anyone dosing exemestane too high runs the risk of low estrogen symptoms. It’s powerful stuff, doesn’t take much to suppress estrogen to far.

My lab ferret takes a few mg’s once or twice a week when his estrogen is too high. Doesn’t seem to have any side effects.

Edit: Some people here have had good luck with androsterone (search the forum for sourcing).

Last edited:

tastyfood

I took 7 milligrams daily for a month and although it almost doubled my testosterone, it also shot up my LH which was already too high to begin with. I also think the sharp increase in testosterone made me aromatize a lot, which was hard to recover from.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals