Are There Hormonal or Biological Explanations for Disassociation/Depersonalization?

DMF

Apart from the psychological - anxiety, stress, etc, has disassociation been connected to endocrine/hormonal imbalances/weaknesses,
and if so, been treated or improved from that angle?

LeeLemonoil

HIGH GABA (which RP diet tends to promote) causes depersonalization
What does „HIGH GABA“ mean?

What is high? What does it mean?

Signaling? Receptor density and interplay. Which loci? What are the factors leading to „high“?

It’s not an answer at all.

@DMF
Many psychiatrists seem to regard it as a last resort self-protection mechanism from mental stress and trauma.

There are various serotonin receptors located in and on the neuronal cells where this mental condition seems to set in.

Serotonin-signaling is Part of the „immune system“. The immune system is our organisms response system to extrinsic stressors also. It reacts the same on extrinsic signals as it does on for example microbiotic stress.

Serotonin signaling is part of survival mechanisms.
In some animals serotonin signaling Leads to the freeze response, an often doomed attempt to evade a deadly threat or to conserve energy in the face of overwhelming adversity.

Humans have similar responses. What we call learned helplessness, amotivation and so forth are all variations on the theme -> different serotonin signaling results.

Creativity and depression are also largely the result of 5-Ht signaling. They are intellectual survival attempts, trying to find solutions to unsustainable life-situations or to cope. Suffering is part of the prompting.

Dissociation is likely at the end-spectrum of these survival mechanisms. Causes by prolonged, massive alterations in serotonin signaling which massively modulates all the intertwined and interrelated neuronal signaling mechanisms. Gaba‘s effects Are Part of that too, that’s where Gaetz is „right“.

And that’s where to begin protection interventions.

gd81

Minocycline caused it for me in my teenage years.

Later in life when I took it again but was also taking thyroid, it didn't produce those effects.

LeeLemonoil

Minocycline caused it for me in my teenage years.

Later in life when I took it again but was also taking thyroid, it didn't produce those effects.
Interesting. There are some publications discussed here on the forum where minocycline is suspected to cause thyroidal and subsequent problems.
Also some where mino is suspected as being anti-depressive.

Have you researched the topic a bit if I may ask? Did others report dissociation from Mino?

gd81

Interesting. There are some publications discussed here on the forum where minocycline is suspected to cause thyroidal and subsequent problems.
Also some where mino is suspected as being anti-depressive.

Have you researched the topic a bit if I may ask? Did others report dissociation from Mino?

Yeah I've seen some of that. I heard somebody ask Peat in an interview about it and he said he had no idea why it could happen.

It left me to conclude that the derealization/depersonalisation I experienced was from a mildly anti thyroid substance making an already thoroughly hypothyroid teenager worse.

I had school friends who also took it mino for acne, I don't recall if they experienced the same thing. I am still in touch with them so I might ask them next time I see them.

As an aside, I used to see a psychologist who said she always got derealization from wearing her glasses under fluorescent lighting and had to take them off whenever she was under it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals