Anything to stop frequent urination at night?

Since day one of my hypo metabolism journey its there and that might be one of main reasons that stopping my progress as its messing my sleep. Recently i was recommended aspirin which work like a charm for two days which would indicate that its due to high adrenaline/noradrenaline,it only works for a few days and then back to normal meh.

You need thyroid. You should be sweating off this fluid during the night instead of waking up.

Even a very low dose may work.

You need thyroid. You should be sweating off this fluid during the night instead of waking up.

Even a very low dose may work.
So your saying its due to suboptimal thyroid at night? Its not much urine though

Last edited:
Try aspirin before bed, i will be playing with dosages of it before sleep and when wake up
I was going to but I read another thread on here about aspirin causing tinnitus and it's put me right off! I only ever experienced tinnitus once and it was horrific.

Chris Masterjohn states that copper supplementation is needed against frequent urination, especially in the middle of the night, and it matches my personal experience
I also find it helpful to avoid copper antagonists at bedtime such as vit C and sulfur

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNGczA_rhs_/

Chris Masterjohn states that copper supplementation is needed against frequent urination, especially in the middle of the night, and it matches my personal experience
I also find it helpful to avoid copper antagonists at bedtime such as vit C and sulfur

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNGczA_rhs_/

Did coper stop your frequent peeing at night? I might try it before bed thank you very much

That's interesting! If you're too hot do you not need to pee?

If your metabolism is cranking along at a proper rate, you do not need to pee in the middle of the night. The reason people need to get up is they aren't sweating enough because their metabolism is too slow.

I know this from Haidut and Ray Peat talking about it on the Danny Roddy podcasts and I know it from personal experience. I used to have to get up 3-4 times a night, even more. Now I always sleep through the night, 7-8 hours.

All of the stuff they recommend about not drinking near bedtime, not eating protein near bedtime, avoiding this or that supplement or taking this or that supplement -- none of it worked.

What worked extremely well within days was thyroid, and I take a very low dose.

I'm assuming you're not waking up from an adrenalin rush because your blood sugar is low and you've used up your glycogen.

Is it clear/transparent urine? You say you eat a solid carb meal before bed, is that starch based? I suggest trying out to cut all starches if you eat any.

If your metabolism is cranking along at a proper rate, you do not need to pee in the middle of the night. The reason people need to get up is they aren't sweating enough because their metabolism is too slow.

I know this from Haidut and Ray Peat talking about it on the Danny Roddy podcasts and I know it from personal experience. I used to have to get up 3-4 times a night, even more. Now I always sleep through the night, 7-8 hours.

All of the stuff they recommend about not drinking near bedtime, not eating protein near bedtime, avoiding this or that supplement or taking this or that supplement -- none of it worked.

Thats why aspirine was helping me sometimes, it helps body to utilise thyroid hormones, well then i better work on strenghtening my adrenals to eventually tolerate thyroid hormones.

Did coper stop your frequent peeing at night? I might try it before bed thank you very much
Yes, I was really surprised by it... I had been looking up nutrients needed for Anti-Diuretic Hormone production, but copper never turned up. I started taking it for other reasons, and then this benefit came as a very welcome side effect...

Is it clear/transparent urine? You say you eat a solid carb meal before bed, is that starch based? I suggest trying out to cut all starches if you eat any.
Yes potatoes, i cant go on without starches unfortunatelly, its not that clear

Thats why aspirine was helping me sometimes, it helps body to utilise thyroid hormones, well then i better work on strenghtening my adrenals to eventually tolerate thyroid hormones.

Exactly, Mike.

Yes, I was really surprised by it... I had been looking up nutrients needed for Anti-Diuretic Hormone production, but copper never turned up. I started taking it for other reasons, and then this benefit came as a very welcome side effect...
How long and how much were you taking and how were you hypothyroid when all this were happening?

Exactly, Mike.
Ding ding ding we have winner. Can you also share when and how much were you taking, just out of curiosity

I'm assuming you're not waking up from an adrenalin rush because your blood sugar is low and you've used up your glycogen.
Are we talking the dessicated thyroid you get from Ancestral supplements? I have a bit of fruit juice before bed for a sugar hit but now I'm typing that it's obviously liquid. Maybe I'll try an alternative sugar boost before bedtime.

@FitnessMike You say you have adrenals issues relating to low cortisol, and that the cortex you take helps. Was this part of your problem with blood sugar then, that you say had improved? Is this because you weren't able to make sugar from breaking down protein because cortisol was low? But unless you go on fasts, you hardly need cortisol to convert protein to sugar. Unless you are low on sugar from low glycogen stores due probably to sleep issues. Maybe you were using cortisol a lot to make up for blood sugar issues. So, if you can fix your blood sugar issues, such as with beefing up your glycogen stores through better sleep, you won't need to rely on cortisol as much, and you can give your adrenals a break. So, it's good idea that you're trying to fix your sleep issues from peeing.

Since you say that you can take honey or jam with no problem, it means your body absorbs sugar well and that a load of sugar doesn't cause blood sugar to go high enough to cause an insulin reaction that quickly drive blood sugar down and make you sleepy, hungry, or feel bad, or even sick. But because you may be low on sugar in between meals because of low glycogen stores from poor sleep, which makes you feel tired, you can eat some sugar such as honey or jam to restore your blood sugar level to perk you up. This will also keep you from stressing your adrenals. But since you mentioned honey or jam earlier, you may already be doing this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals