Anything to stop frequent urination at night?

FitnessMike

Since day one of my hypo metabolism journey its there and that might be one of main reasons that stopping my progress as its messing my sleep. Recently i was recommended aspirin which work like a charm for two days which would indicate that its due to high adrenaline/noradrenaline,it only works for a few days and then back to normal meh.

yerrag

Since day one of my hypo metabolism journey its there and that might be one of main reasons that stopping my progress as its messing my sleep. Recently i was recommended aspirin which work like a charm for two days which would indicate that its due to high adrenaline/noradrenaline,it only works for a few days and then back to normal meh.
Can you give me the backstory as I'm not familiar with your hypo metabolism journey?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Can you give me the backstory as I'm not familiar with your hypo metabolism journey?
Long story short i was lifting heavy weights+calorie deficit+intermittent fasting+abusing stimulants+tons of nuts/nut butters+relationship stress. I was convinced its hpa axis dysfunction from the beginning and was fooled by “norm” ranges of the thyroid labs, few years i wasnt able to fall back asleep after 3am, ever since i discovered im hupothyroid and started testing with different hormones, i started falling asleep after 3am, even tho i barely tolerate any amount as it acumulates in blood unused due to suboptimal cortisol. Currently i am not taking any thyroid hormones and i do use one tsp of strong black cumin seed oil as for the thyroid and i do take adrenal cortex to support hpa axis?adrenals? As my saliva cortisol came suboptimal in few points. Cortex does help with blood sugar fluctuation big time, i can have honey or jam now without a problem. I will test thyroid this monday and it will be over a month from taking any thyroid so it should show me how my thyroid stands without supplementation. Urination at night its surely due to stress response as it is more or less frequent depending on the stress that day.

yerrag

So you sleep at regular bedtime but can't go back to sleep after waking up at 3 am? What time do you turn in and how many times do you wake to pee before you wake up at 3am?

Are you urinating a lot each time, like a cup full each time?

What makes you feel this is an hpa axis dysfunction, as it relates to your frequent urination?

It's good you can take honey or jam without a problem. What problems did you have before?

What are you taking as supps? I've taken innocuous supps before only to realize my frequent urination is self-induced due to my lack of awareness of the effects of certain supplements.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

So you sleep at regular bedtime but can't go back to sleep after waking up at 3 am? What time do you turn in and how many times do you wake to pee before you wake up at 3am?

Are you urinating a lot each time, like a cup full each time?

What makes you feel this is an hpa axis dysfunction, as it relates to your frequent urination?

It's good you can take honey or jam without a problem. What problems did you have before?

What are you taking as supps? I've taken innocuous supps before only to realize my frequent urination is self-induced due to my lack of awareness of the effects of certain supplements.
I am able to fall asleep now after 3am, i couldnt for few years until I found out its thyroid related. I need to pee every 2h roughly and i dont pee much, just have to void bladder. My initial research made me believe its due to hp axis dysf. I take b complex, d3, selenium, zinc with cooper, k complex, and occasional retinol. I tried off of supps and no improvements. I sleep always regular times, i know that my sleep will improve once my metabolism improve, but suboptimal cortisol is limiting factor so im trying support hpa axis with adrena cortex 3x a day.

Last edited:

yerrag

You have no trouble falling asleep but you have to pee every 2 hours even when bladder isn't full. Is that correct?

I agree it may be more related to metabolic issues. What was your problem before with taking honey or jam? It seemed important since you mentioned it.

The sleep issue would affect the buildup of glycogen stores for use the next day to keep a stable blood sugar condition.

Have you tested your urine pH? I've had overly acidic ecf and I peed frequently with practically an empty bladder. I think too much acidity will trigger a need to urinate.

What is your breathing rate? You can find out using an app called Breath Counter. Just make sure your mind is occupied with something else while you're having your breathing rate measured, as. being conscious of your breathing messes up the reading. It's important to measure this as it relates to your acid-base balance.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

You have no trouble falling asleep but you have to pee every 2 hours even when bladder isn't full. Is that correct?

I agree it may be more related to metabolic issues. What was your problem before with taking honey or jam? It seemed important since you mentioned it.

The sleep issue would affect the buildup of glycogen stores for use the next day to keep a stable blood sugar condition.

Have you tested your urine pH? I've had overly acidic ecf and I peed frequently with practically an empty bladder. I think too much acidity will trigger a need to urinate.

What is your breathing rate? You can find out using an app called Breath Counter. Just make sure your mind is occupied with something else while you're having your breathing rate measured, as. being conscious of your breathing messes up the reading. It's important to measure this as it relates to your acid-base balance.
Yes i have no problem with falling asleep, yes i need to pe every roughly 2h at night, 2-3 times every night, as mentioned, aspirin worked like magic for that but only for few days, tolerance maybe???

low blood sugars after anything with sugar(fruit,honey), it calmed since started cortex.

never tested ph of urine, but your right about it as when i was drinking limes daily i had to pee every 30min at night bladder as was super weak, it made me thinking that maybe im still consuming something acidic, so kiei seem to be quite acidic i stopped. I also stopped chocolate(caffeine) and wanking as my research suggest at it is inducing urination, as well as weakening kidneys/adrenals. I went without wanking almost two months before and didint see any improvements in my symptoms, but maybe now it will be different since implementing other stuff.

Im sure that to step up with recovery i need sort sleep out and by that i mean help with this urination problem.

yerrag

i find Hydrion urine and saliva test strips useful. It measures pH ranging from 5.5 to 8. You can buy it at Amazon. It will help you a lot.

Infection can cause ecf/blood to become acidic. But assuming there's none, then it would have to be a metabolic issue, on how good your sugar metabolism is.

Don

This might be too simplistic but have you tried taking a teaspoon of salt before bed and some carbs like honey/sugar ? It wont solve it but might help get more sleep time and less pee time.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

This might be too simplistic but have you tried taking a teaspoon of salt before bed and some carbs like honey/sugar ? It wont solve it but might help get more sleep time and less pee time.
I eat bofore bed solid carbs meal with salt

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

If you're in the US, the Simply Lemonade (funny name for pee bottle) 2.6L bottles with large handle and easy to grip cap are the best.
Im in the UK, i rather to try to fix it. Were you suffering with it?

Perry Staltic

Im in the UK, i rather to try to fix it. Were you suffering with it?

I go once or twice a night, but have never really felt like I was suffering from anything because I've used a pee bottle for a long time and it's just a matter of rolling over, doing business and going back to sleep. But now after reading your post I'm going to see if I can do things to reduce the frequency. I always drink herbal tea at night, so maybe that would be the place to start.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I go once or twice a night, but have never really felt like I was suffering from anything because I've used a pee bottle for a long time and it's just a matter of rolling over, doing business and going back to sleep. But now after reading your post I'm going to see if I can do things to reduce the frequency. I always drink herbal tea at night, so maybe that would be the place to start.
Yea, i sill stop drinking at 18pm and see if it helps mitigate to some point

Perry Staltic

Yea, i sill stop drinking at 18pm and see if it helps mitigate to some point

You don't use artificial sweeteners by chance, do you. I was just reading that those can contribute to the problem. That's all I use in tea. Just stevia and erythritol.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

You don't use artificial sweeteners by chance, do you. I was just reading that those can contribute to the problem. That's all I use in tea. Just stevia and erythritol.
No i dont, mine urination is from purely hormonal reasons im sure

Last edited:

calvert79

I get up to pee from 2-4 times per night and I'd love to not have this problem. I managed to sleep through the night once in about 12 years a few months ago and it was bliss. I wish I knew how to fix it so I'm watching this thread closely.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I get up to pee from 2-4 times per night and I'd love to not have this problem. I managed to sleep through the night once in about 12 years a few months ago and it was bliss. I wish I knew how to fix it so I'm watching this thread closely.
Try aspirin before bed, i will be playing with dosages of it before sleep and when wake up