Anyone Considered Pure Glucose Powder When Healing Poor Liver? Why People Can't Handle No Starch?

yerrag

It probably would if you had a large serving. I imagine small servings would have a more moderate effect?
I can't help but think of the times I had white rice. It digests quickly and so the glucose gets into my blood quickly and I would feel hungry or sleepy a few hours later (because of the insulin response that lowers my blood sugar). So yes, it would mean I would have to take more meals of lesser quantity.

And it's because rice is a starch, and white rice digests quickly. A large meal of white rice - isn't that equivalent to a large helping of glucose? So why would taking glucose be of any benefit? Wouldn't sucrose be better?

yerrag

@yerrag if you do a search there is some studies showing fructose only absorb well when companied with glucose.like sucrose.
fructose absorption rate - Google Search
fructose alone absorption - Google Search
Maybe if fructose ingested with starch ,it go same way as sucrose.
Is this the reason why HFCS is made to be like cane sugar, with roughly a 1:1 ratio of glucose and fructose?

If the absorption of rate of fructose is less than sucrose, does it make sucrose a better sugar? What if you just ate fruit and all you had was fructose, what is the downside of a lower absorption rate?

paymanz

I don't know much about HFCS.

Yes sucrose is better.
Absorption rate not as speed of absorption,maybe i used bad words,fructose doesn't get absorbed completely! and stays in digestive tract to feed bacteria and produce toxins.

Some of fructose don't get absorbed at all!almost more than half of it.

Last edited:

yerrag

I don't know much about HFCS.

Yes sucrose is better.
Absorption rate not as speed of absorption,maybe i used bad words,fructose doesn't get absorbed completely! and stays in digestive tract to fed bacteria and produce toxins.

Hmmm... makes me think it would be a good idea to have fruits after meals, where there is starch (glucose) to accompany it. Otherwise, fruits alone would feed bacteria and produce more endotoxins.

And I've received quite a few social media messages over the past decade advising people not to have fruits with their meals!

Mittir

@Mittir is that E and D internally or topically?

Yeah, he also says that a good thyroid function ensures normal foods such as milk and coffee have enough magnesium in it to cover the needs. Seemed to be of the opinion that improving thyroid to attain magnesium was more beneficial than actually consuming magnesium. Although achieving good thyroid is far more difficult than simply upping magnesium.

Can you remember where he said people get vit b deficiency just from coffee and sugar?

I tried topical application for a while then switched to oral..
I do not get any adverse reactions from these two vitamin supplement.
I tried vitamin b2 and folic acid orally and topically, both caused problem.
RP thinks synthetic b2 and folic acid are allergenic.

I do not remember the exact interview where he discussed
risk of nutrient deficiency from pure sugar intake.
I believe he specifically mentioned few of the B vitamins.
It makes sense since some of the b vitamins have very short
half life and are involved in energy production.

DrJ

You should try fructose since it's easier for the liver to take fructose and make glycogen. When the liver has sufficient glycogen stores, then it isn't burdened with making more glycogen and can do other things. However, the liver actually runs on protein, not sugar. That's why Ray is always saying you need lots of good quality protein to support thyroid. The liver runs off protein (alpha-ketoacids derived from amino acids). So if you give the liver plenty of fuel in the form of protein, then it can take care of itself and do a better job of converting T4 to T3.

paymanz

Hmmm... makes me think it would be a good idea to have fruits after meals, where there is starch (glucose) to accompany it. Otherwise, fruits alone would feed bacteria and produce more endotoxins.

And I've received quite a few social media messages over the past decade advising people not to have fruits with their meals!
Aren't fruit mostly sucrose and fructose/glucose accompanied?!

Can you mention fruited with more fructose than glucos?! That interesting if there are.

yerrag

Aren't fruit mostly sucrose and fructose/glucose accompanied?!

Can you mention fruited with more fructose than glucos?! That interesting if there are.
I guess I didn't get the memo. All the while I kept thinking fruit sugar is all fructose. I sure would be interested as well in the sugar breakdown of different fruits.

I get the impression it would vary with the amount of ripeness, if it ripeness off the tree, the variety, and the climate it was grown in.

paymanz

I guess I didn't get the memo. All the while I kept thinking fruit sugar is all fructose. I sure would be interested as well in the sugar breakdown of different fruits.

I get the impression it would vary with the amount of ripeness, if it ripeness off the tree, the variety, and the climate it was grown in.
to my knowledge its starch content which is high in unripe fruit and then it converts to sugar as it ripened.

i did a search in nutritiondata and Agave, dried (Southwest) Nutrition Facts & Calories is unbalanced on fructose/glucose with very higher in first one. most of fruit seem to be well balanced , except for some of them slightly higher on fructose , like raisins.

edit:honey also have a high ratio of fructose to glucose.

Last edited:

Giraffe

When fructose is ingested on its own there is a upper limit how much someone can absorb, and that limit varies widely among individuals. Fructose absorption is enhanced when it is co-ingested with glucose or when it is part of a mixed meal. In a mixed meal the fructose is probably absorbed passively, so it does not require the so-called transporters. There is no food that contains only fructose, and only few foods contain more fructose than glucose. Most people do not have issues with fructose from foods. Many of the issues with high-fructose foods are not related to the fructose content, but other things such as fructans (which is fiber), pectin (high in unripe fruit) or allergenic components (for example in honey).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals