Antibiotics for sibo? Which one?

Motif

I’ll try to convince my doctor to try sibo treatment next week. What should I try to get?

Or just try allicin and olive leaf extract?

maybe really sibo is causing malabsorption and that’s why my zinc and copper stay low.

i had bowel movements only every few days. I don’t know if this alone would cause sibo or maybe Could be caused by it ??‍♂️

Phosphor

There is a supp that is veyr likely to work; it is a combo of three essential oils. It fixed me up after fighting with a horrible intestinal thing for an entire year; abx simply made it worse. It is called Intestin-ol. I tried it after reading someone's report that it fixed her SIBO. Only has three oils and nothing else, in a gel cap. One bottle fixed me permanently.

E

eat my peat

There is a supp that is veyr likely to work; it is a combo of three essential oils. It fixed me up after fighting with a horrible intestinal thing for an entire year; abx simply made it worse. It is called Intestin-ol. I tried it after reading someone's report that it fixed her SIBO. Only has three oils and nothing else, in a gel cap. One bottle fixed me permanently.
oregano gel caps?

BrianF

Rifaxamin works. Its the gold standard. Everything else is a poor mans effort.

BearWithMe

None. You only make it worse long term.

Fix the underlying issue, not the symptom.

BearWithMe

Any idea on what I could try ?
This is super deep topic and the correct answer will depend very much on your current situation, there are like 100 different possible causes of poor motility. But I'd guess it have something to do with stomach acid. Low stomach acid would explain both poor gut motility, nutrient malabsorption and SIBO. Also, low stomach acid is super common and easy to acquire.

OP
M

Motif

This is super deep topic and the correct answer will depend very much on your current situation, there are like 100 different possible causes of poor motility. But I'd guess it have something to do with stomach acid. Low stomach acid would explain both poor gut motility, nutrient malabsorption and SIBO. Also, low stomach acid is super common and easy to acquire.

yeah, but this topic is making me nuts.
no real test that doctors do. No idea if hcl betaine would harm or not and finding the „right“ dose is nearly impossible.

Could be low bile, or both

BearWithMe

Stomach acid stimulates bile secretion, so if you have low stomach acid, you pretty much have to have low bile.

BearWithMe

No idea if hcl betaine would harm or not
Definitely would not harm as much as antibiotics.

If you are referring to overmelthylation, the benefits of short term HCL supplementation would outweight this by huuuuge margin.

If you are not already overmethylated, you probably don't have to worry about overmelthylation at all tbh.

There are also other ways of increasing stomach acid

BrianF

It works, but the relapse rate within a year is pretty high.
Sure, you have a good point but high Compared with what? Has anything other than Rifaxamin bern tested to this extent?

I relapsed after 4 years and it was not to anywhere near as accute. I think that if y
ou dont fix your initial problem then you're destined to relapse sooner or later and sooner for people who think one course of antibiotics should give a lifetime of health.

BearWithMe

Worrying about overmelthylation when you have hypo/achlorhydria is like worrying about scratched paint on your table when your house is burning

Sure, you have a good point but high Compared with what? Has anything other than Rifaxamin bern tested to this extent?

I relapsed after 4 years and it was not to anywhere near as accute. I think that if y
ou dont fix your initial problem then you're destined to relapse sooner or later and sooner for people who think one course of antibiotics should give a lifetime of health.
You’re right - it should be used as a part of the treatment with other measures to address the underlying issues (gut motility, proper stomach acid and bile output, stress, sleep, nutritional deficiencies, etc.).

Sam321

None. You only make it worse long term.

Fix the underlying issue, not the symptom.
I dig this. Has been my experience. Although dont know underlying issue.

There aren't any safe antibiotics. I tried a dose of Penecillin this winter and it completely ****88 my ***t up.

Sam321

I’ll try to convince my doctor to try sibo treatment next week. What should I try to get?

Or just try allicin and olive leaf extract?

maybe really sibo is causing malabsorption and that’s why my zinc and copper stay low.

i had bowel movements only every few days. I don’t know if this alone would cause sibo or maybe Could be caused by it ??‍♂️
Get a sibo breath test first. Different types of sibo require different approaches.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals