Anecdotal Proof That MPB Is Due To High Stress Hormones

lampofred

I have mentioned in my other posts that I have been able to reverse all my balding thanks to Peat and this forum (although admittedly I am very young which could've played a part in why it was relatively easy for me to do so). Caffeine pills (adequately supported by food/sugar of course) were especially helpful.

I hadn't been losing any hair at all for quite some months now. However, I took Adderall two days ago. I lost several hairs from my temples, my temples receded slightly, and my crown feels slightly thinner. However, now, two days later, no hairs are falling out anymore.

Amphetamine has no effect on testosterone/DHT (in fact I actually read it decreases testosterone), but it drastically increases epinephrine and cortisol especially if you don't eat like a monster to support the intense stimulation. Also, in the brain, it increases norepinephrine and serotonin.

So at least in my case, seeing how caffeine is protective and amphetamine is harmful, it is the ratio of protective steroids (caffeine greatly increases progesterone according to Peat) to stress hormones/too much sympathetic activation which accelerates MPB and definitely not testosterone/DHT.

Squatrat

Another piece of anecdotal evidence: Ive noticed that a lot of young fat guys with bad diets have terrible hair. They cant all be genetically predisposed towards MPB. It must be estrogen dominance + high levels of stress hormones.

Waynish

Another anecdotal account: so many men over 30 that I've met who take LOTS of Adderall have less MPB than everyone else... Could be coincidence :P
I don't take the stuff because it works so well on me... Fear of addiction...

How temples recede in two days though?

OP
L

lampofred

Another anecdotal account: so many men over 30 that I've met who take LOTS of Adderall have less MPB than everyone else... Could be coincidence :p

Yeah my friends who do a ton of cocaine have a lot of hair, too. I used the Adderall for performance-enhancement, but maybe the people who use amphetamines, cocaine, stimulants heavily recreationally are risk-takers meaning they have high dopamine and low serotonin which = good hair

Dhair

hair just curled up and fell out. the hair here was fragile already because it was in a previously nearly-bald area
All of the hair on my head has this curled up look. I think it's definitely a sign that the hair is weak and about to fall out.

OP
L

lampofred

Another anecdotal account: so many men over 30 that I've met who take LOTS of Adderall have less MPB than everyone else... Could be coincidence :p

i don't understand how people can take this daily. adderall is much harder on my body than any other drug including cocaine. if i take adderall on consecutive days like i am prescribed to, the smallest dose after it wears off makes me feel a paralyzing exhaustion from deep within like my bones are turning to dust from inside out. no other drug for me has comedowns even close to that. also, this is embarrassing but i have had 30 minute long crying spells when coming down from adderall and severe short term memory loss/loss of spelling ability... (keep in mind i am a 20 year old male) and i only take therapeutic doses to treat ADD that are prescribed to 6 year olds... i don't know what it is about amphetamine that is so hard on my body.

i am trying to cure my adult-onset ADD the Peat way by becoming euthyroid but that is a slow process. some days adderall is simply necessary but at extreme long-term cost...

schultz

Norepinephrine stimulates testosterone aromatization and inhibits 5 alpha reduction via beta-adrenoceptors in rat pineal gland. - PubMed - NCBI

Sort of a specific study, but if norepinephrine can produce this effect in the human brain (or anywhere really) it would be a good reason not to use drugs that raise norephinephrine, like Adderall and ephedrine.

"NE (10 microM) added to pineal organ cultures increased by 72% the conversion of [14C]testosterone into estradiol and depressed by 39 and 53% that into the 5 alpha-reduced metabolites 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone (5-DHT) and 5 alpha-androstanediol (5 alpha-diol)."

redlight

That's not MPB... MPB is when the hair gradually thins and weakens over time and falls out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals