Supplementing Thyroid Induces Stress Hormones?

Hey all...

Am looking for a bit of guidance here...

So I took a dose of thyroid the other night before heading to bed. Upon waking I was in the mode of stress hormones - meaning I was having an abnormally high heart rate. And I could just tell by the way I felt I was in stress mode.

Now I also am going to start supplementing caffeine into my diet. However upon taking 16oz coffee / 200mg caffeine I become tired after and sort of crash - which I would label myself as "adrenal fatigue".

I have been researching a bit more recently especially in the area of PTH. I think that may be what is going on as I have been calcium deficient for some time. I think it may be starting at the PTH and working its way through the system. On my last test my prolactin was raised...

My sex drive is really non existent and even to the point to where my little guy down below became cold just laying down. Which to me was a flag.

Although I feel decent I sometimes feel numb and also have some sort of brain foggish symptoms.

Now personally I think what is going on is that a.) my PTH is raised and is causing my prolactin to be raised. Dropping down my dopamine levels and sex drive along with it. b.) I believe my estrogen level is up and am probably more estrogen dominant.

Now I have some estroban on the way. Have been increasing carrot salads. Increasing overall calorie intake - as a I read the other night a surplus of calories + good sleep can lead to adrenal recovery. I also am going to have tests done on all these areas as well.

Anyways thank you for taking the time to read and would also appreciate your thoughts / ideas on this?

DaveFoster

It's called a thyroid storm. Google it.

Prolactin is probably up, yes.

Caffeine first, then thyroid if you need it; caffeine helps thyroid act upon the cell in the presence of anti-metabolic factors.

OP
Elchapchapchapo
Sweet checked it out...it sounds way more intense then what I was experiencing. I will say the one thing that tips me off to that is that fact that I am talking too much.

See I think I was getting some symptoms like it. And I'd double down on the fact I was taking too much. Dropped dose down last night to half of the full drop and added in half dose of Pansterone and today felt good most the day.

My current supplements are:
Vitamin E - 400 iu daily
Niacinmide 1500mg daily
Selenium 100mg once a week
Aspirin 325mg 3 x a week in bath
Calcium 1000mg daily
Thyroid when needed - Tyromix custom diluted
L-Tyrosine 500-1000mg daily
L-Theanine 100 mg daily
Glycine 500 Mg daily
Vitamin b6 10 mg daily

Last edited:

papaya

Sweet checked it out...it sounds way more intense then what I was experiencing. I will say the one thing that tips me off to that is that fact that I am talking too much.

See I think I was getting some symptoms like it. And I'd double down on the fact I was taking too much. Dropped dose down last night to half of the full drop and added in half dose of Pansterone and today felt good most the day.

My current supplements are:
Vitamin E - 400 iu daily
Niacinmide 1500mg daily
Selenium 100mg once a week
Aspirin 325mg 3 x a week in bath
Calcium 1000mg daily
Thyroid when needed - Tyromix custom diluted
L-Tyrosine 500-1000mg daily
L-Theanine 100 mg daily
Glycine 500 Mg daily
Vitamin b6 10 mg daily
how do u take thyroid as needed? how often? i'd love to be able to do that but i was under the impression that it needed to be daily or at least every other day?

OP
Elchapchapchapo
how do u take thyroid as needed? how often? i'd love to be able to do that but i was under the impression that it needed to be daily or at least every other day?

I just notice when I become kind of brain foggish. I have learned what thyroid feels like by constant use and also by stripping it away. I actually don't think supplementing as needed is as good as supplementing small doses which is what I'm doing now as I have read somewhere by tara something about having the presence of thyroid hormone in the blood on a consistent basis.

I have tyromix which I diluted with vodka to 1/3 of its strength. This still turned out to be too much so what I do now is place a drop on a piece of bread and cut it with a very fine knife down to 1/4 - 1/8 of a drop. This usally hits the spot and I feel a nice sense of wellbeing - which is my ultimate goal.

tara

Thyroid storm would be if you've taken significantly too much.
I think Peat has said that increasing thyroid levels can make the system temporarily more sensitive to adrenaline.
Increased thyroid levels can mean burning through glycogen faster and running low at night, which can raise stress levels.
AIUI, DMSO can increase the rate of dispersion of many substances in the body, so possibly it can be having unpredictable effects beyond the thyroid hormones themselves.

Going for smaller doses seems reasonable - good that it seems to be working for you.

DaveFoster

1) You should take some K2 with that aspirin (2 mg).
2) Your pulse should be 85 +- 5 beats throughout the day; temp should be between 98.6 - 99.0 degrees Fahrenheit.

JCastro

What is your resting pulse? I have the same symptoms as you, with a resting pulse of 110-120.

Thyroid does the same thing to me as well as pregnenolone. When in that state, magnesium and some salt helps me to calm down.

Consider supplementing vitamin D. 5000 IU is good.

B1 is important for utilizing carbs. Peat says 10 mg is enough, but for a sick person 100 mg can help a lot, and people with chronic fatigue syndrome take up to 1500 mg. It can help cognition. Protein is also important for the brain. I do 80-110 g per day.

Are you having the coffee by itself?

How many calories, carbs, protein?

OP
Elchapchapchapo
Thanks for replies guys...

My resting pulse has been around 70 when not supplementing thyroid. I can get it up to around 80 when I do supplement thyroid. Same with temperature. I can get temps up to 98.7 but usually thermometer shows 97.9-98.4.

I now have k2 via estroban in my posession along with energin.

The one thing I don't understand is if I take thyroid medicine and it causes a bad reaction yet my temperatures are staying down, what do I do?

I mean I feel like I have most of the bases covered and feel like I am right on the brink of everything. My temps have definitely come up over the last three months. And I have Ray Peat and this forum to thank for that.

The glitch I have revolves around caffeine and salt. I can consume both but with a hindrance. I become tired when consuming either.

@DaveFoster "Caffeine first, then thyroid if you need it" This confused me because if caffeine is making me tired directly after taking it - wouldn't this signify an adverse effect?

@JCastro No I always take my coffee / caffeine with food.

As far as calories - totals have been 3k or a little bit over. For this last week my Carbs have been 50% , my fat has been 32%, and my protein has been 18%. Protein being an average of 129 G's a day.

DaveFoster

Thanks for replies guys...

My resting pulse has been around 70 when not supplementing thyroid. I can get it up to around 80 when I do supplement thyroid. Same with temperature. I can get temps up to 98.7 but usually thermometer shows 97.9-98.4.

I now have k2 via estroban in my posession along with energin.

The one thing I don't understand is if I take thyroid medicine and it causes a bad reaction yet my temperatures are staying down, what do I do?

I mean I feel like I have most of the bases covered and feel like I am right on the brink of everything. My temps have definitely come up over the last three months. And I have Ray Peat and this forum to thank for that.

The glitch I have revolves around caffeine and salt. I can consume both but with a hindrance. I become tired when consuming either.

@DaveFoster "Caffeine first, then thyroid if you need it" This confused me because if caffeine is making me tired directly after taking it - wouldn't this signify an adverse effect?

@JCastro No I always take my coffee / caffeine with food.

As far as calories - totals have been 3k or a little bit over. For this last week my Carbs have been 50% , my fat has been 32%, and my protein has been 18%. Protein being an average of 129 G's a day.
Actually, no. If caffeine makes you anxious, then that's an adverse effect. If it makes you tired, that's a good sign; caffeine opposes the cholinergic system, which is a good thing.

Maybe caffeine just isn't enough; if you take thyroid, co-administration of caffeine allows T3 to act upon the cell more effectively.

OP
Elchapchapchapo
Thank you Dave, I understand.

I still am confused about something though and have seen this on forum as well. I just took my temp and heart rate. My temp was 97.5 and my heart rate was 78. To me this seems like a small mismatch. It's almost like there is something else there causing this? Haha I just feel too close to give up now. I have experienced such days of wellbeing that I am the most confident version of myself, so sure of myself. It truly is amazing.

I just really want that and probably won't stop til I get it either.

However I was actually reading a study haidut posted about confidence being related to either metabolic rate or heart rate. I have found this to be true. The higher my pulse and temp the better my wellbeing and overall confidence. I'm just stuck on making it consistent. And really do not understand the temperature and pulse gap.

DaveFoster

Thank you Dave, I understand.

I still am confused about something though and have seen this on forum as well. I just took my temp and heart rate. My temp was 97.5 and my heart rate was 78. To me this seems like a small mismatch. It's almost like there is something else there causing this? Haha I just feel too close to give up now. I have experienced such days of wellbeing that I am the most confident version of myself, so sure of myself. It truly is amazing.

I just really want that and probably won't stop til I get it either.

However I was actually reading a study haidut posted about confidence being related to either metabolic rate or heart rate. I have found this to be true. The higher my pulse and temp the better my wellbeing and overall confidence. I'm just stuck on making it consistent. And really do not understand the temperature and pulse gap.
Higher levels of adrenaline with raise the pulse without the temperature. You don't seem to exhibit either. You're just mildly hypothyroid, which really isn't a huge deal unless you have a physical job.

You should probably get your pulse up to 80-85. Temp is generally easier. You can just warm up your body with heat lamps if you want.

OP
Elchapchapchapo
Yeah you know how it is though my dude. Just want to be in the optimal spot as often as possible