Advice On Ankylosing Spondylitis

miquelangeles

As far as diet goes, avoidance of high glutamate foods and all starches and grains has kept pain and digestive issues from being at it worst, while adding in MSM, fresh squeezed orange juice (with added baking soda) and progesterone throughout the day and at bedtime, has made the biggest difference in easing his back pain so far. Epsom salt soak has been a short term pain reliever too.
Thank you and sorry for my late reply.
I'll keep this in mind. For now it turns out this is the least of her worries, as she is having other unexplained neurological symptoms like dizziness, blurry vision, moments of hypotension. I learned over time that it's not a good idea to help someone unless they ask for it and unless they are ready to accept the help. So for now I'm being conservative with the advice I'm giving her.
Did your husband get the tetanus vaccine immediately after a wound injury or as a preventative measure?

Thank you and sorry for my late reply.
I'll keep this in mind. For now it turns out this is the least of her worries, as she is having other unexplained neurological symptoms like dizziness, blurry vision, moments of hypotension. I learned over time that it's not a good idea to help someone unless they ask for it and unless they are ready to accept the help. So for now I'm being conservative with the advice I'm giving her.
Did your husband get the tetanus vaccine immediately after a wound injury or as a preventative measure?

I am sorry to hear about your wife struggling so bad.

My husband went to the hospital because we couldn't stop the bleeding from the little cut on the top of his foot, from a a broke water glass. After they put a couple stitches in it they asked him when he last had a tetnus shot and just told him he needed a booster because it had been so long. He said he will never get another vaccine, and that it ruined his health.

miquelangeles

I am sorry to hear about your wife struggling so bad.

My husband went to the hospital because we couldn't stop the bleeding from the little cut on the top of his foot, from a a broke water glass. After they put a couple stitches in it they asked him when he last had a tetnus shot and just told him he needed a booster because it had been so long. He said he will never get another vaccine, and that it ruined his health.
I see. It's someone from my extended family, not my wife, but obviously I care about them.
Tetanus shot just seems unnecessary for a cut from broken water glass, which is unlikely to be contaminated with the tetanus bacteria.
I don't know much about it, though. Has Ray ever talked about tetanus or the tetanus vaccine?

I see. It's someone from my extended family, not my wife, but obviously I care about them.
Tetanus shot just seems unnecessary for a cut from broken water glass, which is unlikely to be contaminated with the tetanus bacteria.
I don't know much about it, though. Has Ray ever talked about tetanus or the tetanus vaccine?

It was ridiculous and unnecessary and probably done so they get their vaccine bonus. I was really upset. They wouldn't let me in the hospital with him or I would have declined it for him. I haven't read anything with Ray on tetanus, but somebody should put that as one of their next e-mail questions. My husband got his Bemer mat in yesterday and from the testimonials it sounds like nothing short of amazing, even making a person paralyzed from a stroke walking again within 3 months of using it. It is even being used to treat cancer and hopeless aneurysms. I will report back here about any results.

Last edited:

Gustav3Y

Have you tested for HLA B27, supposedly this can be a good test for before the Ankylosing Spondylitis sets in.
I have recently done it and it came negative.

Have you tested for HLA B27, supposedly this can be a good test for before the Ankylosing Spondylitis sets in.
I have recently done it and it came negative.

Not yet, but if his thyroid test comes back today with him not needing thyroid then that will be our next step.
Is that the genetic test?

Gustav3Y

Unfortunately there was at least one case of ankylosing spondylitis in the family and various spinal issues which the for the most part they could care less.
A doctor said I might have it too, yet none of the regular blood tests show anything of that sort.

So I tried the HLA-B27, I doubt they even heard about it, as I have seen they rush people like they need to meet a quota.

Quote:
"To determine whether you have human leukocyte antigen B27 (HLA-B27) on the surface of your cells; to help assess the likelihood that you have an autoimmune disorder associated with the presence of HLA-B27"

It is used as an indicator or emergent of the issues:

ankylosing spondylitis
rective arthitis
psoriatic arthritis

Gustav3Y

But when this man went to his doctor to "get something for his arthritis," he was annoyed that the doctor insisted on giving him a complete physical exam, and wouldn't give him a shot of cortisone. The examination showed low thyroid function, and the doctor prescribed a supplement of thyroid extract, explaining that arthritis is one of the many symptoms of hypothyroidism.

I need to know what low thyroid function means exactly in this case.

Physical tests and subjective testing?
TSH high?
T4 tested?
T3 not tested?
etc.

Does it mean his TSH was 4-5 like the doctors consider to be an issue or it was not under 1 like Ray Peat likes it/considers to be an issues if it is not under 1?

This RP quote is what prompted us to get a thyroid test, which is suppose to yield results today. I am hoping the different locked muscles in my husband's back and chest is more to this situation than the Ankylosing Spondylitis.....

"Rigor mortis is an extreme state of fatigue, or energy depletion. Early muscle studies described the phenomenon of "fatigue contracture," in which the muscle, when it reaches the point at which it stops responding to stimulation, is maximally contracted (this has also been called delayed relaxation). Ischemic contracture, in the absence of blood circulation, occurs when the muscle's glycogen is depleted, so that ATP can no longer be produced anaerobically (Kingsley, et al., 1991). The delayed relaxation of hypothyroid muscle is another situation in which it is clear that ATP is required for relaxation. (In the Achilles tendon reflex test, the relaxation rate is visibly slowed in hypothyroidism.) A delayed T wave in the electrocardiogram, and the diastolic contracture of the failing heart show the same process of delayed relaxation. Supplementing the active thyroid hormone, T3, can quickly restore the normal rate of relaxation, and its beneficial effects have been demonstrated in heart failure (Pingitore, et al., 2008; Wang, et al., 2006; Pantos, et al., 2007; Galli, et al., 2008)." -Ray Peat

Gustav3Y

I really meant what was the actual test done on the person, not disputing thyroid function. I know most people are happy with such vague assessment, but there is more than one way to conclude thyroid function levels.

Here was something good I just came across!

"Biochemist Raymond Peat, Ph.D., who has experimented with pregnenolone for many years, reports that when a person is deficient in pregnenolone, taking it as a supplement can successfully relieve depression, improve memory, reduce skin aging, relieve arthritis symptoms, and reduce stress-induced fatigue. Studies also show that pregnenolone is effective in relieving the symptoms of the inflammatory joint disease, ankylosing spondylitis." -https://www.diagnose-me.com/treatment/pregnenolone.php

Gustav3Y

Does the person have any of the typical blood tests to show such issue?
There are many of them way more than C reactive protein.

Gustav3Y

"From the chemical standpoint A-5-pregnenolone has been suggested as a precursor and has attracted the attention of a number of workers. Davison and others (1950) treated thirty arthritis patients with pregnenolone acetate, fourteen of whom were suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Solutions in oil, as well as aqueous suspensions, were administered by the intramuscular route. Daily injections, up to 200 and 300 mg. respectively, were given over a period of 3 to 8 weeks. They reported results which appear to be definitely favourable. Pain and stiffness in joints was diminished, muscle strength was increased, and fatigue was less evident. A feeling of " well-being " was established, usually within a few days. Reduction in joint swelling was slow, and reduction in the erythrocyte sedimentation rate, if any, did not run parallel with the clinical improvement, but followed it. No toxic effects were observed; the menstrual cycle and sexual potency were unaffected. None of the subjects under test experienced euphoria, but one patient suffered from insomnia while, receiving the maximum dosage. When the injections were discontinued, the arthritic symptoms returned within a few days. No beneficial effects were observed in cases of rheumatoid arthritis with psoriasis, severe gout, or disseminated lupus."

"Guest and others (1950) administered pregnenolone by the intramuscular route daily, or two or three times weekly, to nineteen patients. Seventeen cases of rheumatoid arthritis showed no improvement; one patient with rheumatoid spondylitis improved objectively and subjectively, and another showed minor subjective improvement at the end of one week's treatment, which was followed by a relapse in spite of continued therapy."

Last edited:

"From the chemical standpoint A-5-pregnenolone has been suggested as a precursor and has attracted the attention of a number of workers. Davison and others (1950) treated thirty arthritis patients with pregnenolone acetate, fourteen of whom were suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Solutions in oil, as well as aqueous suspensions, were administered by the intramuscular route. Daily injections, up to 200 and 300 mg. respectively, were given over a period of 3 to 8 weeks. They reported results which appear to be definitely favourable. Pain and stiffness in joints was diminished, muscle strength was increased, and fatigue was less evident. A feeling of " well-being " was established, usually within a few days. Reduction in joint swelling was slow, and reduction in the erythrocyte sedimentation rate, if any, did not run parallel with the clinical improvement, but followed it. No toxic effects were observed; the menstrual cycle and sexual potency were unaffected. None of the subjects under test experienced euphoria, but one patient suffered from insomnia while, receiving the maximum dosage. When the injections were discontinued, the arthritic symptoms returned within a few days. No beneficial effects were observed in cases of rheumatoid arthritis with psoriasis, severe gout, or disseminated lupus."

"Guest and others (1950) administered pregnenolone by the intramuscular route daily, or two or three times weekly, to nineteen patients. Seventeen cases of rheumatoid arthritis showed no improvement; one patient with rheumatoid spondylitis improved objectively and subjectively, and another showed minor subjective improvement at the end of one week's treatment, which was followed by a relapse in spite of continued therapy."

More good info to weigh. Thanks Gustav3Y!

Does the person have any of the typical blood tests to show such issue?
There are many of them way more than C reactive protein.

No blood test is available for Ankylosing Spondylitis.

EDIT: there is a genetics test for it, but only half the people with Ankylosing Spondylitis have it because of genetics, the other half of people with it is a mystery. It isn't a mystery to me it's from a tetanus vaccine. I am not for sure my husband has it, but I suspected it from early on and have tried to figure out if that is what it is by figuring out more obvious reasons, and no tests have revealed a cause yet.

Gustav3Y

No blood test is available for Ankylosing Spondylitis.

EDIT: there is a genetics test for it, but only half the people with Ankylosing Spondylitis have it because of genetics, the other half of people with it is a mystery. It isn't a mystery to me it's from a tetanus vaccine. I am not for sure my husband has it, but I suspected it from early on and have tried to figure out if that is what it is by figuring out more obvious reasons, and no tests have revealed a cause yet.

I meant the whole big set of blood tests that usually people could do when suspecting things in the realm of Spondylitis.
I have done a set recently posted on my urine thread.
After all those tests do not reveal causation just attempt to state whether the Arthritis or Spondylitis exists, when it is not really obvious with imagistic tests.

If looking for causation then that may be harder and of course things like thyroid can be a cause, even if I know several people with bad thyroid and have no Spondylitis, so it's quite interesting how ambiguous that fact is. I mean, what are these people doing that don't actually have Spondylitis yet they have bad thyroid.

There is of course the possible cause of bacteria, like klebsiella pneumoniae, which seems to causes a lot.
Unfortunately there is right now very little association of pathogens with many diseases except the ones very obvious and well known.

I meant the whole big set of blood tests that usually people could do when suspecting things in the realm of Spondylitis.
I have done a set recently posted on my urine thread.
After all those tests do not reveal causation just attempt to state whether the Arthritis or Spondylitis exists, when it is not really obvious with imagistic tests.

If looking for causation then that may be harder and of course things like thyroid can be a cause, even if I know several people with bad thyroid and have no Spondylitis, so it's quite interesting how ambiguous that fact is. I mean, what are these people doing that don't actually have Spondylitis yet they have bad thyroid.

There is of course the possible cause of bacteria, like klebsiella pneumoniae, which seems to causes a lot.
Unfortunately there is right now very little association of pathogens with many diseases except the ones very obvious and well known.

I have heard the bacteria theory too and started adding broccoli sprouts and watercress to his diet, though I hear pea sprouts are more effective, i just can't find them. I am hoping it is more thyroid related.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals