About My Step Father And Mainstream Medicine

somuch4food

While reading up about various health articles, I've started to link how modern medicine health advice is setting people on a path to death.

My step father had high blood pressure/high cholesterol. He was told to avoid eggs, SFA, salt, grapefruit... He still suffered from a heart attack and was told to exercise more to be healthier.

Then about 2 years ago, he was diagnosed with Type-2 Diabetes. I've been reading how Choline is important for the liver health and how SFAs help protect the liver from oxidative damage. His diet is low in both, could liver health be the cause of his diabetes?

I am still in the learning stage and am not confident in telling other people to go and do the opposite of what everyone tells them.

Tarmander

People will listen to testimonials and stories if you want to engage them. They have to be true and authentic to really work. Doctors are coasting on decades of good behavior and trust, so it is going to take a lot of big shocks for people to wake up to the downsides they represent. It is perfectly natural for people to trust Doctors given the history they know. Do you have any stories about some of this opposite advice?

OP
S

somuch4food

That's a good point. Haven't looked it up yet. It would have to be in french though to be more meaningful.

OP
S

somuch4food

I could recommend liver too. It has not gotten much press and would be as effective as eggs to prove my point.

burtlancast

I am still in the learning stage and am not confident in telling other people to go and do the opposite of what everyone tells them.

You can wake up anyone to what medicine is really about by showing them the Burzynski movies.